Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 5 games 17:46 - Feb 22 with 4523 views_clive_baker_

I know a lot has been made of our fixtures and run in, but having just looked properly at it, the final 7 games of the season before Huddersfield are actually pretty fearsome. Trips to Blackburn, Norwich, Coventry and Hull. 3 sides gunning for 6th (although arguably might not all be by the time we play them) including 'them'. And Blackburn, who I NEVER feel like we beat at Ewood (other than the Richard Wright masterclass). Home games against Southampton, Watford and Middlesbrough. 3 very good sides I would say, certainly on their day in the case of Watford and Boro. Then finishing at home to Huddersfield is, on paper, a good fixture, but they might have to find something to stay up.

Certainly makes the next 5 in advance of that a chance / necessity perhaps to make a bit of hay. 12 or 13 points a minimum requirement I would say if we're to finish top 2, as ridiculous as that sounds.

24 Feb 15:00 Birmingham City H
2 Mar 15:00 Plymouth Argyle A
5 Mar 20:00 Bristol City H
9 Mar 12:30 Cardiff City A
16 Mar 15:00 Sheffield Wednesday H
Next 5 games on 08:43 - Feb 23 with 618 views_clive_baker_

Next 5 games on 08:01 - Feb 23 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Why are we still hyping up bottom half teams with next to no chance of getting a playoff spot. At the start of the season these teams might have looked intimidating, but our squad have more than proved themselves.

That’s not to say we won’t drop points (because football) but sometimes I feel our players don’t get the credit they deserve. If you look at most fan forums discussing fixtures most of them will say the ‘Ipswich were not getting anything from that..’, it’s odd that the opposition back us more than we do…

I’m not suggesting for a second that we can’t pick up plenty of points. With the exception of Southampton I think we’re probably a better side than most of the rest, if not all. Hull might have something to say about that on their day but we don’t see their day consistently enough.

I’m just saying that, relatively speaking for games at this level, we’ve got some tough looking ones IMO. It’s trips to Hull, Cov and Blackburn that I hate the look of, and Norwich of course, for different reasons. On balance it’s a fairly representative cross section of games across the division which you would expect over 1/4 of the season, with the benefit of only 1 being against a fellow top 5 side, and that’s at home. It’s just the specific nature of some of those I don’t like the look of but that’s probably in part based on historic records which are utterly meaningless. To contradict myself it does grind my gears when people say ‘not won there since 2001’, completely new players, multiple managers later those records are meaningless. It’s probably just having sat at Ewood and Hull a few times I’m mentally scarred.

Certainly agree with the OGAAT, I’m sure the players and managers think like that. Don’t know why supporters shouldn’t speculate beyond that on an idle Thursday afternoon though, it’s part of the fun.
Next 5 games on 16:57 - Feb 23 with 471 viewsChorleyBoy

Next 5 games on 19:07 - Feb 22 by Vic

You know what - I wouldn’t mind staying in this league for a couple more seasons if they are all as exciting at this one. I know that after a few seasons of being in the play offs but not going up we’d get fed up, but right here and right now, I’d rather the excitement of challenging for the top that a relentless struggle to stay in the prem.

Spoken to a few budgie friends and they really don’t like the prem for that reason.

"a few budgie friends"

Wut?
Next 5 games on 17:05 - Feb 23 with 460 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next 5 games on 19:07 - Feb 22 by Vic

You know what - I wouldn’t mind staying in this league for a couple more seasons if they are all as exciting at this one. I know that after a few seasons of being in the play offs but not going up we’d get fed up, but right here and right now, I’d rather the excitement of challenging for the top that a relentless struggle to stay in the prem.

Spoken to a few budgie friends and they really don’t like the prem for that reason.

Norwich don't make any attempt to stay up when they go up, though. It has been take the money and run. I am sure we will make a proper go of it and continue to play good football. I am looking forward to when we get there whether that is next season or sometime after. I remember the nerves of when we went up in 1992 and then seeing us draw our first match with Villa and thinking we will be alright after all. Who can forget that first season up under Burley? I am sure we will be more like those than Luton/Norwich/etc.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next 5 games on 18:25 - Feb 23 with 432 viewsVic

Next 5 games on 16:57 - Feb 23 by ChorleyBoy

"a few budgie friends"

Wut?

I know - but I’m very, very close to Budgie country on the north suffolk border. So close I get a nose bleed sometimes when I go outside. My village is 50/50 split.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Next 5 games on 06:21 - Feb 24 with 372 viewsArnieM

Ultimately it’ll come down to how our defence actually defends, (we can score goals!), the defence has cost us so many points from seemingly nothing attacks all season.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Next 5 games on 06:52 - Feb 24 with 354 viewsPique

Next 5 games on 17:05 - Feb 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Norwich don't make any attempt to stay up when they go up, though. It has been take the money and run. I am sure we will make a proper go of it and continue to play good football. I am looking forward to when we get there whether that is next season or sometime after. I remember the nerves of when we went up in 1992 and then seeing us draw our first match with Villa and thinking we will be alright after all. Who can forget that first season up under Burley? I am sure we will be more like those than Luton/Norwich/etc.

Absolutely - it seems to be the second season in the Prem we struggle with, not the first!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024