Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harness 00:19 - Feb 18 with 3156 viewsitfc_bucks

Genuinely thought that we'd look to replace both him and Burns somewhat urgently this season.

Delighted to be wrong about Wes, but increasingly appreciating what Marcus brings to the team. His ability to protect the ball and use it in a clever way while we're defending a lead is hugely impressive.

A wildly underrated squad player for us.
Harness on 01:46 - Feb 18 with 3012 viewsWacko

I think at Pompey and to a lesser extent last season (after his good start) the pressure was on for him to be a proper consistent goal scoring midfielder. Now he knows his place in the team, I think he / we are all more relaxed about what he brings

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Harness on 03:21 - Feb 18 with 2884 viewsBuffaloBill

I'd disagree, he doesn't seem to add much apart from energy. He'll be a bit part player for us from now. Probably not a top end championship quality player. But he seems a lovely guy and obviously KM sees something in him.

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Harness on 07:09 - Feb 18 with 2640 viewsPioneerBlue

With all the players, it’s incredible how well many of them have not only adjusted but thrived. It’s not they we believed they wouldn’t, its the speed they have made that leap. Within that, some have adapted quicker or progressed quicker. I would not go as far as to say this is the top for Harness in this team, he might be even better next season, same with a few others.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Harness on 07:46 - Feb 18 with 2531 viewsBuffaloBill

Harness on 07:09 - Feb 18 by PioneerBlue

With all the players, it’s incredible how well many of them have not only adjusted but thrived. It’s not they we believed they wouldn’t, its the speed they have made that leap. Within that, some have adapted quicker or progressed quicker. I would not go as far as to say this is the top for Harness in this team, he might be even better next season, same with a few others.

Better at what exactly?

Serious question, what does he bring? Goals? Not really, assists? Not really.

Please somebody tell me what I can't see?

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Harness on 07:49 - Feb 18 with 2511 viewsitfc_bucks

Harness on 07:46 - Feb 18 by BuffaloBill

Better at what exactly?

As I said in my post, when we're protecting the ball and defending a narrow lead, his ability to keep and move it at the right times is sensational.

He lacks the cutting edge of Chaplin, but he ability to retain possession at the sharp end and transition through the thirds is brilliant. A great asset to have off the bench.
Harness on 08:14 - Feb 18 with 2403 viewspennblue

Harness on 03:21 - Feb 18 by BuffaloBill

I'd disagree, he doesn't seem to add much apart from energy. He'll be a bit part player for us from now. Probably not a top end championship quality player. But he seems a lovely guy and obviously KM sees something in him.

That energy and press he brings is crucial though in moments like yesterday where we are under the cosh. It can swing the momentum around completely. Yesterday could easily have been 2-2

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Harness on 09:44 - Feb 18 with 2165 viewsGeoffSentence

Better at what exactly?

He does have the same number of league goals and assists as Wes, in with 60% of the game time, so he's not doing too badly on those measure.s

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Harness on 12:03 - Feb 18 with 2014 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Harness on 07:49 - Feb 18 by itfc_bucks

As I said in my post, when we're protecting the ball and defending a narrow lead, his ability to keep and move it at the right times is sensational.

He lacks the cutting edge of Chaplin, but he ability to retain possession at the sharp end and transition through the thirds is brilliant. A great asset to have off the bench.

Sensational is way OTT imho. He’s not a 10 for me. He’s decent on the left because he does a lot of tracking back and gives Davis some defensive support, but he’s definitely one I would be looking to upgrade over the summer. Nothing personal against him, but we can’t afford to stand still as a Club whatever division we’re in next season.

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

Harness on 12:14 - Feb 18 with 1948 viewsbazza

Harness on 12:03 - Feb 18 by southnorfolkblue

Sensational is way OTT imho. He’s not a 10 for me. He’s decent on the left because he does a lot of tracking back and gives Davis some defensive support, but he’s definitely one I would be looking to upgrade over the summer. Nothing personal against him, but we can’t afford to stand still as a Club whatever division we’re in next season.

Sometimes in football it’s not all about quality, it’s mentality, and I’d say it’s the mentality of all of those players, is why we are where we are, they all have a mistake in them, none of them are world beaters in ability, but they are all world beaters with the mentality and drive and unity, in each and every one, I remember during the summer people saying we would look to offload players bring in better quality.. I don’t see harness going anywhere, even if we go up.
Harness on 12:24 - Feb 18 with 1882 viewsjasondozzell

Better at what exactly?

Birmingham (a)
Harness on 12:27 - Feb 18 with 1870 viewsMookamoo

Clever footballer that does everything asked of him when he can make an appearance - with no personal ego. I think the criticism of Harness highlights those that simply don't understand how this McKenna squad works.

In the absence of a thriving U21 squad, players like Harness, Jackson, Edmundson etc are still very important
Harness on 12:40 - Feb 18 with 1793 viewsPilgrimblue

Harness on 12:27 - Feb 18 by Mookamoo

Clever footballer that does everything asked of him when he can make an appearance - with no personal ego. I think the criticism of Harness highlights those that simply don't understand how this McKenna squad works.

In the absence of a thriving U21 squad, players like Harness, Jackson, Edmundson etc are still very important

That’s my issue, we have no cover from U21. Humphrey’s apart I don’t see anyone coming through which is very disappointing.
Harness on 14:15 - Feb 18 with 1605 viewsbournemouthblue

If we did make it to the Prem, they might be the ones we replace, however I think Burns has the fitness and pace for Prem and would be useful on the break, where we will have to play more regularly

Harness I like but he needs to play at a club week in, week out

He's a solid Championship player really

My gut feeling is McKenna tends to use him when we are playing on the break, he's also a bit more tenacious than Broadhead and Chappers and will do more defensive work off the ball, in that 10 position

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Harness on 14:42 - Feb 18 with 1541 viewscressi

Better at what exactly?

Not everyone can be in the first eleven I would say a decent squad player who will get the odd goal when he comes on he always brings energy I believe we have players who may leave before Marcus ie Ball, Jackson just to name a couple in the summer.
Will depends what league we are in and is Marcus happy been a squad player.
Harness on 17:22 - Feb 18 with 1389 viewsWickets

Harness on 03:21 - Feb 18 by BuffaloBill

Yes I agree he worries the poo out of me when he comes on .Sorry the down vote was just fat fingers .
Harness on 18:22 - Feb 18 with 1287 viewsDJR

He (along with Al-Hamadi) made a real difference yesterday when he came on and helped us wrest back some control. He has done this many times both in the run-in last season and this season.
Harness on 21:04 - Feb 18 with 1090 viewsVaughan8

I agree. He seems to be a decent player for us.

We don't have the budget to have a load of Chaplin's unfortunately.

Harness mostly does a decent job and is actually our 4th top scorer! Considering he's only started 6 games (850 mins in total), he's not doing too bad.
Harness on 21:12 - Feb 18 with 1058 viewsNutkins_Return

Better at what exactly?

He absolutely brings goals. I'd back him to score double figures if he was a regular starter. He's always scored goals and he's shown he can score at this level. His goals per minutes played is good. (He's played just over 9 games worth of champ football in mins and scored 4 goals. His goals per minute is ahead of Chaplin).

Do I think he should start. No. I think we have players rightly ahead of him. But he's an asset to us and has stepped up in big moments for us already this season. I'm not sure he'll force his way in to being a regular starter and he may end up moving on in the summer. More than happy if he stays!
[Post edited 18 Feb 21:16]
Harness on 21:37 - Feb 18 with 984 viewsPioneerBlue

He’s versatile in all three positions behind the striker. Given he’s mainly a finisher he does jobs each week and has to adapt to the game. He’s trusted by KMcK, that’s enough in itself.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024