Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning. 14:06 - Feb 16 with 5613 viewsold_git_at_reserves

I’m puzzled to find that I’m Not dead.

When I joined this little group, during the Late Twentieth Century, I joined as OldGit@Reserves.

So, if I was Old then, what the hell must I be now ?!

More than a quarter of a century has passed and I suffered from health issues Then !

However, that’s all by the by, I simply wanted to say how much I’m enjoying our renaissance. Yes, I’m still in attendance at every home match and ITFC Joe saw me at Watfut where one of my six children is a ST holder.

But, a joy of the modern world is the ability to watch all of our away matches thru the use of my trusty VPN. What a shame, that this innovation wasn’t implemented sooner. How many great matches did I have to simply listen to on the wireless, in the good old days ?

Never mind. I’m having fun tho I have grown as stout as Alan Brazil who scored those five goals against a team that we are locked in combat with now, Southampton. Please let us beat them.

Indeed, please let’s win all of our remaining matches and rightly earn auto promo. As a veteran of 13 or 14 play-off matches, inc one horrifically depressing afternoon at FPR, watching us play via a broadcast from Charlton on a huge bedsheet strung across the pitch, I NEED auto promo.

I even motored down to Selhurst Park to watch us in a Relegation PlayOff match !

So, auto promo, please…!

But, wouldn’t it be fine, to thrash The Carrot People in a po Final at Wemberley !

Is Lucan dead yet ?
[Post edited 17 Feb 11:04]
Morning. on 16:51 - Feb 16 with 1184 viewssoupytwist

Morning. on 16:34 - Feb 16 by Plums

Welcome back old boy, it is great to see you holding court once again. We have never met but I have admired from afar your musings from the Roy Keane memorial bushes and the ensuing emails. I will be forever indebted to you for helping me secure an 11th hour ticket for last season's finale against Exeter.

Your return and the response to it has cheered me up no end as we did lose a fellow Blue yesterday. My father, aged 83 who posted on news articles occasionally as corkblue or donore but never on the forum as he (correctly) considered it a 'bear pit'.

All hail the return of one of our biggest and greyest bears!

Sorry for your loss Plums. Let's hope the team can do him proud tomorrow.
Morning. on 16:53 - Feb 16 with 1162 viewsKeno

Welcome back old boy, it is great to see you holding court once again. We have never met but I have admired from afar your musings from the Roy Keane memorial bushes and the ensuing emails. I will be forever indebted to you for helping me secure an 11th hour ticket for last season's finale against Exeter.

Your return and the response to it has cheered me up no end as we did lose a fellow Blue yesterday. My father, aged 83 who posted on news articles occasionally as corkblue or donore but never on the forum as he (correctly) considered it a 'bear pit'.

Sorry for your loss Plums

Bear Pit, Cess Pitt, Brad Pitt all much the same really

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Morning. on 18:53 - Feb 16 with 1042 viewsRyorry

Morning. on 15:53 - Feb 16 by old_git_at_reserves

Thank you, Sir.

I’ve rather enjoyed this thread, partly because I’m surprised to see so many old faces. As it were.

I wonder if Phil has a wall at home — yes, I know where he lives ! — with all of our details, posting dates, changes of names, etc. Like that bloke that was ultimately freed after being imprisoned for murdering Jill Dando…he had stuff pinned on his bedroom wall, like they do in TheMovies.

I have also MET Gav, one of only three people, inc Phil, to have ever done so. She is surprisingly pretty😎

Yeah, I'm that third person, having met Gav at an away game in the late 1990s.

Perhaps his looks have improved with age - some people's certainly do ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Morning. on 19:07 - Feb 16 with 1017 viewsRyorry

Condolences Plums, so sorry about your father.

Re "the Roy Keane memorial bushes" - that is of course what I was referring to in my first post when I mentioned OG "Lurking In The Bushes" - just to prevent any possible misunderstandings!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Morning. on 19:11 - Feb 16 with 1012 views_clive_baker_

I’m so sorry for your loss. Your old man sounds like he was a good (and wise) chap.
Morning. on 19:19 - Feb 16 with 995 viewsjasondozzell

Welcome back! Used to love your training reports!
Morning. on 19:58 - Feb 16 with 961 viewsStadiumofdark

Sorry to hear that ToR - sad news. Thoughts are with you and the rest of the family.

RIP X
Morning. on 20:26 - Feb 16 with 927 viewsPlums

Morning. on 19:58 - Feb 16 by Stadiumofdark

Sorry to hear that ToR - sad news. Thoughts are with you and the rest of the family.

RIP X

Thanks mate, really appreciate it - and the comments from others.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Morning. on 20:58 - Feb 16 with 886 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Never heard of you!
Favourite cheese?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Morning. on 21:10 - Feb 16 with 867 viewsWicklowBlue

Welcome back!!!!
Morning. on 21:34 - Feb 16 with 840 viewsWicklowBlue

So sorry to hear of your loss, I hope your father was able to enjoy our resurgence in recent times.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.
Morning. on 10:45 - Feb 17 with 735 viewsunbelievablue

What a treat to logon today and see you back old boy. Hope you are all shipshape and Bristol fashion.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Morning. on 11:08 - Feb 17 with 708 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 21:34 - Feb 16 by WicklowBlue

So sorry to hear of your loss, I hope your father was able to enjoy our resurgence in recent times.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

...mar bhí mé dílis do Dhia agus do Bhaile Ipswich...
Morning. on 11:19 - Feb 17 with 688 viewsold_git_at_reserves

83 is a magnificent knock.

I raise my bat to him and know that I’m scratching about for the odd single, trying to protect my wicket for as long as possible.

But, my innings is drawing to a close and that’s cricket. That’s the rules.

We must accept that with gritted teeth and good grace.

Uppa Towen.

🏏
Morning. on 11:58 - Feb 17 with 637 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 10:45 - Feb 17 by unbelievablue

What a treat to logon today and see you back old boy. Hope you are all shipshape and Bristol fashion.

Bearing up.

Three hours until kickoff…

Team…

Václav Hladký

H.T. Clarke
L.M. Wooolfenden
C.R. Burgess
L. Davis

M.C. Luongo
Samy Sayed Mekkay Saied Morsi - I don’t agree with the Y

W.J. Burns
Omari Elijah Giraud-Hutchinson

K.R.F. Moore
Ali Ibrahim Karim al-Hamadi…note, ‘al’ and not ‘Al’ because it is simply a word literally indicating that he is Ali ‘from’ Hamadi. Like Manfred von Richthofen.

Yes, and I want Broadbean in the team, as well. Defnutly. Of course. He’s suddenly found that lost mojo.

And I like Sarmiento. Remember Sixto Peralta ?

And you have to include Chappers or he will cry. Of course I feel guilty, leaving CC out, but he has lost his effectiveness, recently, we all know that.

And when we say ‘recently’ we actually mean a bit longer than that…
Morning. on 12:48 - Feb 17 with 605 viewsDanTheMan

Morning. on 11:58 - Feb 17 by old_git_at_reserves

Bearing up.

Three hours until kickoff…

Team…

Václav Hladký

H.T. Clarke
L.M. Wooolfenden
C.R. Burgess
L. Davis

M.C. Luongo
Samy Sayed Mekkay Saied Morsi - I don’t agree with the Y

W.J. Burns
Omari Elijah Giraud-Hutchinson

K.R.F. Moore
Ali Ibrahim Karim al-Hamadi…note, ‘al’ and not ‘Al’ because it is simply a word literally indicating that he is Ali ‘from’ Hamadi. Like Manfred von Richthofen.

Yes, and I want Broadbean in the team, as well. Defnutly. Of course. He’s suddenly found that lost mojo.

And I like Sarmiento. Remember Sixto Peralta ?

And you have to include Chappers or he will cry. Of course I feel guilty, leaving CC out, but he has lost his effectiveness, recently, we all know that.

And when we say ‘recently’ we actually mean a bit longer than that…

Glad to see you're doing well OG.

Quick note on the Arabic translation, "al" in Arabic roughly translates to "the". Hamadi seems to translate to praised or praiseworthy so I think that has him as The Praised which is a pretty cool surname.

Was hoping to see him start as he's looked very good in his recent cameos.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Morning. on 12:49 - Feb 17 with 602 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 20:58 - Feb 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Never heard of you!
Favourite cheese?

Stinking Bishop.

Coincidentally, also the name of my Willie.

Welcoming back someone you’ve never heard of reminds me of the gentle lad in front of me - at FPR - weeping during some remembrance of Bobby Robson.

I shall peg out, soon enuf but I urge you not to cry about that😎

Hopefully, Kieran will then be availabubble, to put an arm around your shoulder when I Pass, as he did with CC…tell me Chappers wasn’t wiping tears away, with his shirt !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024