Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning. 14:06 - Feb 16 with 5621 viewsold_git_at_reserves

I’m puzzled to find that I’m Not dead.

When I joined this little group, during the Late Twentieth Century, I joined as OldGit@Reserves.

So, if I was Old then, what the hell must I be now ?!

More than a quarter of a century has passed and I suffered from health issues Then !

However, that’s all by the by, I simply wanted to say how much I’m enjoying our renaissance. Yes, I’m still in attendance at every home match and ITFC Joe saw me at Watfut where one of my six children is a ST holder.

But, a joy of the modern world is the ability to watch all of our away matches thru the use of my trusty VPN. What a shame, that this innovation wasn’t implemented sooner. How many great matches did I have to simply listen to on the wireless, in the good old days ?

Never mind. I’m having fun tho I have grown as stout as Alan Brazil who scored those five goals against a team that we are locked in combat with now, Southampton. Please let us beat them.

Indeed, please let’s win all of our remaining matches and rightly earn auto promo. As a veteran of 13 or 14 play-off matches, inc one horrifically depressing afternoon at FPR, watching us play via a broadcast from Charlton on a huge bedsheet strung across the pitch, I NEED auto promo.

I even motored down to Selhurst Park to watch us in a Relegation PlayOff match !

So, auto promo, please…!

But, wouldn’t it be fine, to thrash The Carrot People in a po Final at Wemberley !

Is Lucan dead yet ?
[Post edited 17 Feb 11:04]
Morning. on 15:06 - Feb 16 with 1230 viewsblueislander

Morning. on 14:57 - Feb 16 by old_git_at_reserves

Probs taken on a bit of Brazil Timber, as one might call it ?

How many Xs are we looking at, now ?

Anything less than Five is A Result innit…

Welcome back young man. I can say that as I am older than you. Are you still following the career of Jason Scotland?
Morning. on 15:16 - Feb 16 with 1200 viewsblueasfook

Morning. on 14:49 - Feb 16 by Ryorry

Mariner had a serious illness but I believe made an excellent recovery, and I think/hope is still very much alive. Others may have more recent info than me though.

Aye, I keep in touch with him. He's my guitar mentor. He's fighting fit.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Morning. on 15:16 - Feb 16 with 1189 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 14:46 - Feb 16 by MK1

A pleasure to hear from you Sir. I am relatively new to these parts and as of yet, our paths haven't crossed on here. I am of later years, so am sure our paths will have crossed in what was once the only world. Many, many years of following The Blues up and down the country through good times and bad. Lucky to be old enough to remember the very best of times. Like I said at the beginning, good to hear from you and I hope all is well. Take care.

Good Afternoon to you, Sir.

Perhaps I should say the same again but in a slightly different way…

My msg today, from beyond the grave, is that I’m having great fun watching Towen, this season and I would add that — tho the current team cannot in any way be compared with The Best Team In The World, which I think we probably were, forty odd years ago — Enjoyment Is Enjoyment…

Especially as we’ve endured a cuppla decades of misery.

I can’t honestly say that I’ve enjoyed many of these recent years. I turned out to watch training at Playboy Road so many times, beginning with the Roy Reign, but it was sometimes awkward chatting - as I always did - to managers that were Failing.

I sometimes felt that I was simply watching lads practising not playing very well and, off the top of my head, one of the worst experiences was witnessing us repeatedly hoofing the pill up to a dismal player called Wood…route one…that’s of course what we played, prior to the arrival of The Two Dutchmen.

And I now hope that we will be experimenting with some hoooofs up to the boy I see is nicknamed Chief, K.R.F. Moore. Because it’s an option, isn’t it, when you employ a Proper Centre-Forward that can play with his back to the opposition goal and when you have in the team an Eric Gates like Chappers that can turn apples falling from the tree into goals goals goals…
[Post edited 16 Feb 15:17]
Morning. on 15:19 - Feb 16 with 1176 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 15:16 - Feb 16 by blueasfook

Oh, excellent !

That’s great news.

Please send him my very best regards, Sir !
Morning. on 15:21 - Feb 16 with 1164 viewsblueasfook

Morning. on 15:19 - Feb 16 by old_git_at_reserves

Oh, excellent !

That’s great news.

Please send him my very best regards, Sir !

I certainly will OG. He'll find it amusing you thought he was dead!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Morning. on 15:28 - Feb 16 with 1155 viewsJ2BLUE

Am I allowed to welcome you back or do you still consider me your nemesis?

Ah what the hell, welcome back.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Morning. on 15:30 - Feb 16 with 1144 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 15:06 - Feb 16 by blueislander

Welcome back young man. I can say that as I am older than you. Are you still following the career of Jason Scotland?

You really are all still as addicted as a Glaswegian to this endless blue loop…!

I broke free.

God, I know you’re good with numbers…me too and I calculate that you must now be between 127 and 139 years old.

Do you know, my youngest said to me the other day, “You were always soooo boringly stupid about Jason Scotland !”

I replied, proudly, “I was known for it, My Boy !”

😇so joyous, that the old, fat, barrel-chested — and barrel-bellied — toad went on to play IN his ‘eponymous country’…

I can’t believe that I’m writing about Jason Scotland — GRRRRR — but he came to mind when one of the pundits was saying that a coach doesn’t need to endlessly repeat himself to Good Players. Rules out Scottie, then ! He was a moron, at training. Sometimes he was just grinning like a mental. “What you say, Gaffer ?” Pay Attention, You Gimp !

Yes, he scored some goals…but he was our Lone Striker. Wish we’d sent him out on Loan🤠

Isn’t it funny, how OldAnger can so easily be provoked in VeryOldGits ?

😎🌈🎶
Morning. on 15:32 - Feb 16 with 1133 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 15:28 - Feb 16 by J2BLUE

Hahahaha…

Hehe.

Like people meeting Keith Richards at parties…

”KEEEF ! Thought you woz dead !”
Login to get fewer ads

Morning. on 15:33 - Feb 16 with 1126 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Welcome back, Mr Git. Is always good to hear from auld acquaintances.

If you remember me at all it is likely to be as 'Binner'.

As you say... Let us be auto promo'd; a tough challenge for the boys but they seem a spirited hard working bunch with excellent leadership and they may yet do us proud.

To answer your op... Lord L is still a regular contributor. Perhaps he'll be along presently.

Edit: Reading back what I've written above, I should reflect that the manager and team have already done us proud. They may yet claim the biggest prize. We could be in for a fantastic run-in.
[Post edited 16 Feb 16:24]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Morning. on 15:36 - Feb 16 with 1107 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Morning. on 15:16 - Feb 16 by blueasfook

There is more happy news.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Morning. on 15:47 - Feb 16 with 1072 viewsoldburian

Good to hear from you. If you remember us old ones had a lovely evening way back recalling the fifties and amazes the younger ones with the fact that in those days quite a few had season tickets at both Portman Road and Carrow Road. And I will never forget your half blind uncle who used to take you to Norwich in his car and had to be told the result on the way back. As a result of that it seemed that I was even older than you so it lovely to have some educated posts from time to time.

By the way Bury Town are doing well now under Skuse aren't they.
Morning. on 15:53 - Feb 16 with 1043 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 15:33 - Feb 16 by Tangledupin_Blue

Welcome back, Mr Git. Is always good to hear from auld acquaintances.

If you remember me at all it is likely to be as 'Binner'.

As you say... Let us be auto promo'd; a tough challenge for the boys but they seem a spirited hard working bunch with excellent leadership and they may yet do us proud.

To answer your op... Lord L is still a regular contributor. Perhaps he'll be along presently.

Edit: Reading back what I've written above, I should reflect that the manager and team have already done us proud. They may yet claim the biggest prize. We could be in for a fantastic run-in.
[Post edited 16 Feb 16:24]

Thank you, Sir.

I’ve rather enjoyed this thread, partly because I’m surprised to see so many old faces. As it were.

I wonder if Phil has a wall at home — yes, I know where he lives ! — with all of our details, posting dates, changes of names, etc. Like that bloke that was ultimately freed after being imprisoned for murdering Jill Dando…he had stuff pinned on his bedroom wall, like they do in TheMovies.

I have also MET Gav, one of only three people, inc Phil, to have ever done so. She is surprisingly pretty😎
Morning. on 15:55 - Feb 16 with 1039 viewsFather_Jack

Welcome back.

I still occasionally sport a tee shirt emblazoned with your name. I thought I was just keeping the memory alive...

Only occasionally mind.

Less is more.

Morning. on 16:03 - Feb 16 with 1012 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 15:47 - Feb 16 by oldburian

Good to hear from you. If you remember us old ones had a lovely evening way back recalling the fifties and amazes the younger ones with the fact that in those days quite a few had season tickets at both Portman Road and Carrow Road. And I will never forget your half blind uncle who used to take you to Norwich in his car and had to be told the result on the way back. As a result of that it seemed that I was even older than you so it lovely to have some educated posts from time to time.

I was chatting to Russell Ward of Bury Town, in Oake’s Barn last week, expressing my feelings of guilt about not getting down to Ram Meadow any more, because now one can watch Ipswich away matches on the tellybox.

I provocatively suggested that Ramadan has been wasted at Bury. “He’s too good for you !”

It’s true. Russell said that Cemal had been there now for 9 years and has now scored 150 hoals. Proves my point, doesn’t it ?

Russ also said that, at first, Cole Skuse and Ramadan had not seen eye to eye. Entirely the boy’s fault, of course; no lovelier man than Cole walks the Earth. He was always welcoming when I used to go to training. ( No, I didn’t take part; I watched😇 ) But, Russell says that there has been a rapprochement. “Cemal is one of them wot needs to be Loved.”

We all do, dear 😎
Morning. on 16:06 - Feb 16 with 984 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 15:55 - Feb 16 by Father_Jack

Welcome back.

I still occasionally sport a tee shirt emblazoned with your name. I thought I was just keeping the memory alive...

Only occasionally mind.

Only when you feel slim enough ?

Feck.

as Father Jack would say…
Morning. on 16:08 - Feb 16 with 973 viewsusm

Good to see your still out there kicking OG
Welcome back

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Morning. on 16:10 - Feb 16 with 972 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 15:47 - Feb 16 by oldburian

Fascinating.

Uncle Arthur was “registered blind”…

He would drive me to Norwich in what was I think a 1948 Morris Oxford and after one match, as he drove me home, he commented, “Well, at least Norwich got a draw !”

You will remember the punch line…

NORWICH HAD WON!
Morning. on 16:12 - Feb 16 with 948 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 16:10 - Feb 16 by old_git_at_reserves

Fascinating.

Uncle Arthur was “registered blind”…

He would drive me to Norwich in what was I think a 1948 Morris Oxford and after one match, as he drove me home, he commented, “Well, at least Norwich got a draw !”

You will remember the punch line…

NORWICH HAD WON!

Chap near my FPR seat used to alternate between Ipswich and Colchester.

As I no doubt mentioned in the discussion that we had amongst us oldies.
Morning. on 16:14 - Feb 16 with 942 viewsFixed_It

You stopped your regular emails (for the chosen few!). We feared the worst. Although funnily enough I heard you were still alive only a week or so ago. Glad it was true. Welcome!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Morning. on 16:17 - Feb 16 with 929 viewsKeno

welcome back OG, you have been missed

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Morning. on 16:23 - Feb 16 with 893 viewsHarwich_Blue

Well Well my first post in a while to say welcome back , used to love reading your posts and perhaps you will reignite

I too have been around all those years , surprised my login still works

I do always observe from a far , a voyeur of the board which mostly is very enjoyable (Despite the Frimley sag)

We should enjoy these times , we have excelled and what will be will be

Support the team through thick and thin - I remember Millwall away in 1978 ;)

These are the days
Morning. on 16:26 - Feb 16 with 872 viewslowhouseblue

welcome back. why not stay a while?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Morning. on 16:34 - Feb 16 with 865 viewsPlums

Welcome back old boy, it is great to see you holding court once again. We have never met but I have admired from afar your musings from the Roy Keane memorial bushes and the ensuing emails. I will be forever indebted to you for helping me secure an 11th hour ticket for last season's finale against Exeter.

Your return and the response to it has cheered me up no end as we did lose a fellow Blue yesterday. My father, aged 83 who posted on news articles occasionally as corkblue or donore but never on the forum as he (correctly) considered it a 'bear pit'.

All hail the return of one of our biggest and greyest bears!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Morning. on 16:39 - Feb 16 with 830 viewskeighleyblue

Get this lad on Life's a Pitch.
Morning. on 16:40 - Feb 16 with 819 viewsMJallday

Morning. on 15:28 - Feb 16 by J2BLUE

I thought eggs were your nemesis?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024