Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replacement for McKenna…. 10:39 - Feb 9 with 4421 viewsBloots

….when he goes to Palace?

Who do we think?

My preference is still Rosenior, but I still think Manning has the potential to come good.

Will we look for another up and coming, under the radar, coach?

Can’t see us going down the foreign route at the moment.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:24 - Feb 9 with 1208 viewsportmanking

Anthony Barry, Manning or Potter (if we can sell him the project).
Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:30 - Feb 9 with 1180 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:12 - Feb 9 by BlueRaider

Why would he go to Palace ?

They have no higher ceiling than us

They might not have a higher ceiling (I'd say we have similar) but they're much closer to it aren't they. It's like saying why would somebody leave Derby to come to us.

An established Premier League club, some very decent players to develop etc. People can't seriously think that wouldn't be attractive to him.
Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:32 - Feb 9 with 1167 viewsParky

Carlos Corberan or Pep Ljinders.
Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:32 - Feb 9 with 1165 viewsportmanking

Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:30 - Feb 9 by PrideOfTheEast

They might not have a higher ceiling (I'd say we have similar) but they're much closer to it aren't they. It's like saying why would somebody leave Derby to come to us.

An established Premier League club, some very decent players to develop etc. People can't seriously think that wouldn't be attractive to him.

If they lose to Chelsea and Everton in their next two games they're in real danger of going down...
Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:35 - Feb 9 with 1136 viewsHelp

He ain't going to palace because he is not even on their top 3 list
Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:40 - Feb 9 with 1099 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:32 - Feb 9 by portmanking

If they lose to Chelsea and Everton in their next two games they're in real danger of going down...

Agreed.
Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:45 - Feb 9 with 1081 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:32 - Feb 9 by portmanking

Sounds like a job for Colin…shame he’s just gone to Scotland.

As much as I hate to admit it, at this point in time Palace are higher in the food chain than us. I’d like to think timing helps us. I’d be shocked (and probably dissapointed) if KM departed before the season is up. He’s still got a very real chance to get a PL promotion on his honours. The owners have backed him heavily in Jan so he’s in a good environment for success.
Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:48 - Feb 9 with 1057 viewsRyorry

I think you’re trolling.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:48 - Feb 9 with 1057 viewschicoazul

They interviewed Michael Beale and McK at the final stage last time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:52 - Feb 9 with 1038 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I think the Rosenior hype is premature. If you want McKenna like, attacking football that gets you off your seat. He is not your man. Hull more often than not have looked really dull this year but been carried through by exceptional individuals at this level. Philogene, now Carvalho, Zaroury. I have Hull supporting mates who were about to give up on Rosenior 5 or so games ago.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Replacement for McKenna…. on 15:58 - Feb 9 with 819 viewsGiveusaWave

Let's see what happens first...

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Replacement for McKenna…. on 16:29 - Feb 9 with 789 viewsmrfixit426

Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:32 - Feb 9 by Parky

Carlos Corberan or Pep Ljinders.

Pep Ljinders is a good shout actually.
Replacement for McKenna…. on 16:40 - Feb 9 with 777 viewsVaughan8

Replacement for McKenna…. on 11:12 - Feb 9 by BlueRaider

Why would he go to Palace ?

They have no higher ceiling than us

They are clearly better than us over the last 20 years, but.....

surely their aim each year is to stay in the league. They're unlikely to break into the top teams, or even finish in the top half.

If he went there I think it would be a bit "meh" (sorry for the use of that word, just not sure how else to describe it!)
Replacement for McKenna…. on 17:05 - Feb 9 with 758 viewsMK1

Not Liam Rosenior please.
Replacement for McKenna…. on 18:51 - Feb 9 with 704 viewsVegtablue

Replacement for McKenna…. on 16:40 - Feb 9 by Vaughan8

They are clearly better than us over the last 20 years, but.....

surely their aim each year is to stay in the league. They're unlikely to break into the top teams, or even finish in the top half.

If he went there I think it would be a bit "meh" (sorry for the use of that word, just not sure how else to describe it!)

Since returning to the top flight Palace have spent their 10 seasons between 10th and 15th (inclusive), amassing 41-49 points per season.

I think it's an attractive opportunity, to be honest; more so than is suggested on here anyway. Have they already hit their ceiling? The catchment area is sizable-to-enormous but so is competition stiff. The stadium is between mediocre and disappointing; as impressive as new plans are, they're unlikely to impact the next manager positively if at all.

And yet Hodgson's successor will still have the opportunity to showcase their talents on the 'grandest stage on earth', at a club which has arguably been the most consistently mid-table of all mid-table propositions in the past decade. It isn't the club where an ambitious manager achieves their career goals but it could be the right stepping stone for someone. Competitive squad, alluring city for recruiting international talent.. adding exciting football to mid-table mediocrity would represent success there. Win the mini-league, elevate players within the squad, preside over an England cap or three, replicate achievements elsewhere within the normal confines of PL orthodoxy.. baby you've got a stew going.

Leapfrogging the lower or middle reaches of the PL is unheard of for those outside player-legend status, unless the route is from abroad. McKenna will need to be successful in the PL with us, successful in the PL with another club, or achieve notable success abroad, before he may realistically be considered for a top PL job. Success with us would need to extend beyond keeping us afloat, too. The twilight clubs, those which occupy the space between mid-table and top, are small in number and largely ephemeral. Wait an extra season for a potential placement at Brighton or West Ham and you may not be ready for Tottenham or United in 26/27.

Hopefully he's in no rush.
Replacement for McKenna…. on 19:27 - Feb 9 with 683 viewsCoastalblue

Ian Wright now he's stopping doing MOTD, that'd proper learn em down at Palace.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Replacement for McKenna…. on 22:04 - Feb 9 with 642 viewsGiveusaWave

Prefer it if he stays. If he dies go, Pert with a new assistant.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Replacement for McKenna…. on 23:27 - Feb 9 with 597 viewspositivity

Replacement for McKenna…. on 22:04 - Feb 9 by GiveusaWave

Prefer it if he stays. If he dies go, Pert with a new assistant.

there are other options except staying and dying!

seriously though, i imagine he'lll want to stick with pert and don't know if he's ever expressed an interest in being a manager?
[Post edited 9 Feb 23:36]

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024