Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna to Palace 10:24 - Feb 9 with 6414 viewsSitfcB

According to SkyBet anyway…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna to Palace on 12:16 - Feb 9 with 1897 viewsStu_boy

Have I missed something but as far as im aware cpfc currently have a manager and until that changes this is 100% disrespectful to hodgson. Once, he goes it becomes a conversation and id still expect cooper to get it
McKenna to Palace on 12:36 - Feb 9 with 1805 viewsHerbivore

McKenna to Palace on 12:11 - Feb 9 by bobbyramsey

What's the difference between £4m for a manager and the same fee for a player? To a PL club £4m is a drop in the ocean isn't it?

You don't get much resale value for managers in the way that you do with players. The £4m buy out will give clubs plenty to think about.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McKenna to Palace on 12:39 - Feb 9 with 1790 viewsportmanking

McKenna to Palace on 12:36 - Feb 9 by Herbivore

You don't get much resale value for managers in the way that you do with players. The £4m buy out will give clubs plenty to think about.

It would also give us leverage to be able to get an elite replacement that may be already in post, since £4m is quite steep as managerial release clauses go.
McKenna to Palace on 12:46 - Feb 9 with 1754 viewsBloomBlue

Jumping to CP now would be crazy. Lost some key players to injury and basically in a relegation battle. Short time for KM to stop the rot, could easily find themselves relegated and suddenly a huge percentage of people's opinion of KMs ability is wiped out.
Better off KM waiting until the end of the season as next season he'll have the option of staying at Town and manage us in the Prem or move to WH, CP or Brighton
McKenna to Palace on 12:55 - Feb 9 with 1729 viewsSitfcB

McKenna to Palace on 12:01 - Feb 9 by SuperKieranMcKenna

He won’t be a cheap option:

‘Palace’s hopes to tempt him away from Portman Road might be dampened by the £4m compensation fee Ipswich have placed on him.’

Yep, I said that to Nixon the other day…

COYB

McKenna to Palace on 13:38 - Feb 9 with 1589 viewsdirtyboy

McKenna to Palace on 12:46 - Feb 9 by BloomBlue

Jumping to CP now would be crazy. Lost some key players to injury and basically in a relegation battle. Short time for KM to stop the rot, could easily find themselves relegated and suddenly a huge percentage of people's opinion of KMs ability is wiped out.
Better off KM waiting until the end of the season as next season he'll have the option of staying at Town and manage us in the Prem or move to WH, CP or Brighton

Relegated but with parachute money to get them back

Palace are light years ahead of us
McKenna to Palace on 13:55 - Feb 9 with 1531 viewsitfcbam

Now shortened to 4/7
McKenna to Palace on 14:03 - Feb 9 with 1479 viewsAviator

McKenna to Palace on 13:55 - Feb 9 by itfcbam

Now shortened to 4/7

Always bet on the strong favourite in these circumstances. One of the only bets you can have where the race has already been run.
Login to get fewer ads

McKenna to Palace on 14:06 - Feb 9 with 1446 viewsJ2BLUE

McKenna to Palace on 14:03 - Feb 9 by Aviator

Always bet on the strong favourite in these circumstances. One of the only bets you can have where the race has already been run.

Nonsense.

There was a Betfair forum strategy laying low odds favourites in these markets as they chop and change so much.

I hope you didn't lose your shirt backing Jack Ross to come here at 1/3

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McKenna to Palace on 14:11 - Feb 9 with 1392 viewsSwansea_Blue

McKenna to Palace on 14:03 - Feb 9 by Aviator

I've always noticed that it's the complete opposite. The odds only ever settle very late in the process. This early when the incumbent manager hasn't even gone yet, the early favourite almost never ends up being appointed.

Not that I've routinely watched betting odds through various stages of a lot of different clubs appointments. But the few times I have, it's almost a certainty. KM is on everyone's minds right now as the media were talking a lot about him during the recent cup games - that's all. I suspect that's the real reason people are putting money on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McKenna to Palace on 14:15 - Feb 9 with 1360 viewslizzibee

It's based on people putting money on, not reality. It's another load of rubbish - he wont leave us now and certainly not to Palace. Why does everyone believe all the social media rubbish?
McKenna to Palace on 14:20 - Feb 9 with 1323 viewsCheltenham_Blue

McKenna to Palace on 12:55 - Feb 9 by SitfcB

Yep, I said that to Nixon the other day…

You didn't 'say' that to Nixon at all, you replied to a twitter post and whoever was on the other end replied to you.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

McKenna to Palace on 14:29 - Feb 9 with 1253 viewsRyorry

McKenna to Palace on 14:06 - Feb 9 by J2BLUE

Nonsense.

There was a Betfair forum strategy laying low odds favourites in these markets as they chop and change so much.

I hope you didn't lose your shirt backing Jack Ross to come here at 1/3

Yep, at those odds at this stage, before Hodgson's even gone, and obviously well before it's known whether we'll go up ourselves either automatically or via play-offs, it's a very clear back-to-lay strategy, which will see the punters who've gone down that route make a nice profit whatever the outcome.
[Post edited 9 Feb 14:34]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

McKenna to Palace on 15:57 - Feb 9 with 1140 viewsGiveusaWave

Cooper was a dead cert. Massive change there.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

McKenna to Palace on 17:37 - Feb 9 with 1062 viewsSitfcB

McKenna to Palace on 14:20 - Feb 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

You didn't 'say' that to Nixon at all, you replied to a twitter post and whoever was on the other end replied to you.

Eh? I replied to his tweet and he replied to me via a QT?

COYB

McKenna to Palace on 22:06 - Feb 9 with 951 viewsGiveusaWave

Could be a nightmare if we lost KM and Pert

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

McKenna to Palace on 22:21 - Feb 9 with 932 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McKenna to Palace on 15:57 - Feb 9 by GiveusaWave

Cooper was a dead cert. Massive change there.

I wonder how much aviator put on him. Keep betting on the favourite and bound to win (unless the eventual appointment is kept very secret and is a bit leftfield). However, it's how much you have lost in chasing the win that needs to be accounted too!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McKenna to Palace on 07:03 - Feb 10 with 801 viewsrodney76

McKenna to Palace on 12:46 - Feb 9 by BloomBlue

I think that, too. Whilst most all mangers and players desire Premier League employment, I feel that Crystal Palace are not an ambitious enough move for McKenna considering all the boxes he ticks.

It is not just his immediate success at Ipswich that makes me think this way. The fact that he is very young, very well grounded and has advanced ideas regards tactics, team selection and team management and many of the other up-to-date characteristics of the modern man of football means that it seems certain that he will go far in the role.

Whilst Palace can consider themselves an established Premier League outfit by now (is it ten consecutive seasons up there?) that has not always been the case. For some period before that they were a yo-yo club and are far from being one of the big boys and never will be. Their stadium is and following are no better/greater than Towns despite the fact that they have a massive catchment area. They could quite easily be relegation candidates within a season or two, as they seem perpetually on thin ice.

OK, they are London where many in the game chose to gravitate, but McKenna was established mainly in Manchester, and he is a family man more suited to rural Suffolk.

Maybe they will offer him a larger remuneration, but that is surely up to our own hierachy to deal with.

The only thing in favour of Crystal Palace as far as McKenna and his career goes is the fact that he might consider them to be a better stepping stone to greater things. That needn't be the case if he gets us promoted this season or even if he doesn't quite, whereby imminent promotion will always be on the cards.

Furthermore, it will be a risky move and more likely to blow up in his face and stall his career even if our current season fails to bring ultimate success. He is a thinking man and should realise this. Finishing the excellent job he has started at Town will add more to his CV than struggling along at Selhurst Park, imo.
[Post edited 10 Feb 7:06]
McKenna to Palace on 08:20 - Feb 10 with 733 viewsibbleobble

McKenna to Palace on 10:44 - Feb 9 by positivity

disagree, mckenna's more likely to be tempted to palace in the summer than now; can't see hodgson starting another season

If we make the PL, there’s no temptation there - we’re a more successful club than Palace.
McKenna to Palace on 10:14 - Feb 10 with 674 viewsArnieM

It's not happening according to the man himself...

No, my full focus, full commitment is with Ipswich and the season that we’re having and the next game ahead, so that’s where all my energy is and all my commitment is,” he said.

“I don’t pay any attention to it, to be honest. It’s not the first time in the last couple of years. If you’re doing well, it’s going to be there and there are going to be links.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McKenna to Palace on 10:15 - Feb 10 with 672 viewsHerbivore

McKenna to Palace on 22:06 - Feb 9 by GiveusaWave

Could be a nightmare if we lost KM and Pert

If we lose Pert, I worry we'll start to sag.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024