Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? 14:35 - Feb 7 with 2808 viewsIllinoisblue

Was over it in a couple days. Whereas the Charlton 4-4 still sickens me.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 14:39 - Feb 7 with 2302 viewsgainsboroughblue

I was really p11sed off about Maidstone on the Saturday. It did dissipate to the point where I didn't even think about it the following week.

I'm more narked by letting Norwich escape here with a point because I can see the return game being a lot tougher.

I'm with you on Charlton. And 30 odd years on, I still occasionally get angry about our draw at Bristol Rovers after being 3 up after an hour.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 14:58 - Feb 7 with 2221 viewsBiGDonnie

I was going to post something earlier and ask if anyone will be going about the day and all of a sudden remember the fookin score line and fact we were embarrassed by a pub team, because I have a few times.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:09 - Feb 7 with 2175 viewsScuzzer

When I see Leeds Southampton and Coventry still playing those extra games...really glad we are out of it.

Established 1968

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:11 - Feb 7 with 2161 viewsOsborneOneNil

It's the Norwich draw that is pi55ing me off still. Should've won that by 2/3 goals. It's also turned out to be the start of our 'wobble'.

QPR and Stoke 0-0's also irking me.
Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:19 - Feb 7 with 2110 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 14:58 - Feb 7 by BiGDonnie

I was going to post something earlier and ask if anyone will be going about the day and all of a sudden remember the fookin score line and fact we were embarrassed by a pub team, because I have a few times.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a ridiculous game to lose. Absurd, really. But even a cup run… likely the most we’d have done would be get to a Wembley semi final and get battered by a prem team. Good for money I guess, but eyes on the prize. 17 cup finals to go.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:20 - Feb 7 with 2111 viewsberkstractorboy

When Cov thump them we will get reminded why we didn't do that.

Time has helped to see it was a freak result as we battered them and we gave them 2 chances which they took to their credit. The ref still played a part which helped to put us out but history (or other teams fans) won't remember that.
Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:22 - Feb 7 with 2082 viewsBiGDonnie

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:19 - Feb 7 by Illinoisblue

Don’t get me wrong, it was a ridiculous game to lose. Absurd, really. But even a cup run… likely the most we’d have done would be get to a Wembley semi final and get battered by a prem team. Good for money I guess, but eyes on the prize. 17 cup finals to go.

Don't say that, the Semis are at Wembley

COYBs

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:26 - Feb 7 with 2063 viewsTractorCam

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:11 - Feb 7 by OsborneOneNil

It's the Norwich draw that is pi55ing me off still. Should've won that by 2/3 goals. It's also turned out to be the start of our 'wobble'.

QPR and Stoke 0-0's also irking me.

The Stoke one is very frustrating, as we made it hard for ourselves.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:51 - Feb 7 with 1985 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

It's definitely still bothering me. Maidstone are my local side so the loss hurt my pride, yet at the same time I feel pleased for them for the massive financial boost this cup run has provided. That conflicted feeling makes it really hard to move on from. Aside from that, the Norwich game stings and will continue to sting until we put them in their place.

Charlton last year never really troubled me, it was just such a farce that I just shrugged my shoulders and laughed about it. The 1-1 away draw with Cheltenham during the run in bothers me more because their goal just felt so fortunate. If we had held on for the win there, we'd have been in pole position for the title on the final day and probably wouldn't have been so lax against Fleetwood.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 15:51 - Feb 7 with 1988 viewstextbackup

Nope, still pissed off.
Being a supporter I want us to win every game, especially those in the pub leagues

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:02 - Feb 7 with 1935 viewsBluespeed225

I’m more peeved with losing to Shrewsbury in 82’. And Notts County at home that season. And Luton at home in 74’. And the semi in 75’.And Norwich in 85’. And several games between 2016 and 19’. But mainly Bolton in 02’
Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:02 - Feb 7 with 1937 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Surprisingly to me no one has mentioned Preston. For me that riles me the most because we lost because of the officiating. If we end up not going up by a point that the blind lino cost us I’d be mightily pi55ed off. All this oh it even out over a season is simply not true.
Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:09 - Feb 7 with 1897 viewsBiGDonnie

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:02 - Feb 7 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

Surprisingly to me no one has mentioned Preston. For me that riles me the most because we lost because of the officiating. If we end up not going up by a point that the blind lino cost us I’d be mightily pi55ed off. All this oh it even out over a season is simply not true.

Or we lost because we started the wrong player up top?

COYBs

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:10 - Feb 7 with 1882 viewsFixed_It

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:09 - Feb 7 by BiGDonnie

Or we lost because we started the wrong player up top?

'The wrong player up top' had nothing to do with us being two goals down after 8 minutes though.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:13 - Feb 7 with 1858 viewsBiGDonnie

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:10 - Feb 7 by Fixed_It

'The wrong player up top' had nothing to do with us being two goals down after 8 minutes though.

Nope. But we utterly dominated them when Moore was on. First half would have been a completely different story, IMO.

COYBs

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:58 - Feb 7 with 1761 viewsChurchman

No, it took me longer than a couple of days tbh. It really rankled with me because it should never have been allowed to happen. I don’t know quite why it irritated me so much, but there it is.

The Charlton horror finish annoyed me for a lot longer because it was more important and it appeared to significantly dent the team. All done and over now.

I’ve not seen the Preston game back yet (to my shame), so can’t comment yet. The key thing ismove on. Whilst I am worried about us settling down and getting into a winning habit again, I’ve a feeling we will win maybe 2-1 on Saturday.
Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 17:04 - Feb 7 with 1716 viewsHeathlander

I've still not got over the 1981 FA Cup semi final. Or forgiven Aston Villa. We should have won the treble.
Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 17:07 - Feb 7 with 1697 viewsGavTWTD

I was able to laugh about it at the time tbh but I knew the match wasn't that important. We may have learned a few things although you could argue we made the same mistakes v Preston. No, I wasn't bothered and still aren't. I'd like a cup run but right now it's not important.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 17:23 - Feb 7 with 1657 viewsHelp

clearly not as you have mentioned it again when the rest of us have not and moved on.
Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 18:24 - Feb 7 with 1558 viewsChurchman

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 17:04 - Feb 7 by Heathlander

I've still not got over the 1981 FA Cup semi final. Or forgiven Aston Villa. We should have won the treble.

Funnily enough, the 5-1 kick in the teeth by Norwich at home hit harder than that. And the 75 semi final loss - which was hard to take having beaten everyone of note.

At got there early, having worked in the morning. Had a nice afternoon enjoying a few in the Black Horse. All was right with the world. And then that happened.
[Post edited 7 Feb 18:52]
Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 18:42 - Feb 7 with 1503 viewsHerbivore

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 16:13 - Feb 7 by BiGDonnie

Nope. But we utterly dominated them when Moore was on. First half would have been a completely different story, IMO.

It's a different game when a side is sat back on a 3-0 lead, much easier to dominate than when they are on the front foot and pressing hard.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 18:43 - Feb 7 with 1504 viewsParisBlue

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 17:04 - Feb 7 by Heathlander

My father told 8 year-old me "never mind, there's always next year".

I'm still waiting....

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 19:42 - Feb 7 with 1437 viewscbower

Will never forgive Bosco Jankovic and M'boro gor beating us in 1981. Absolute tragedy for the greatest Town team ever. Cried and I'm not ashamed to say it!

bluescouser

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 20:36 - Feb 7 with 1375 viewsBrettenhamBlue

A woefully poor result in our history but helps that they didn't get a great draw in the next round. If we had missed out on a trip to Old Trafford it would have hurt more.

Don't think it'll ever be forgotten, but it's consigned to the world of history now. It is what it is, just like that play-off loss against Norwich a few years back. Let's hope we forge better memories in the future!

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Anyone else barely given a thought to the Maidstone game? on 20:47 - Feb 7 with 1342 viewsWonTheCupin78

Had all the usual rubbish from Man City, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal work colleagues saying that they'd have sacked their manager immediately after that disgrace (with no inkling of what a great job KM has done at the club since he's been here). Seeing the result in isolation rather than the bigger whole. Few days after a couple of colleagues said they couldn't understand why fans weren't being more proactive to create a change. Again, no real understanding.

One Norwich fan who I am (for a better word) "friends" with said that Maidstone should create a Friendship Trophy between us and them (indirectly mocking their own friendship trophy between Nodge and Sunderland).

I don't think I'll be over that result any time soon. I'd love it if we got promoted, that'd alleviate some of that pain.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024