Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out 16:51 - Feb 6 with 3158 viewsSamWhiteUK

Can't see a single ticket for sale

EDIT: Website just confirmed it for me. This may have been the case before and I missed people talking about it
[Post edited 6 Feb 16:52]
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 19:20 - Feb 6 with 2948 viewsbazza

Going to be massive, If we start like we finished against Preston, Saturday could well be the day our promotion season jumps back on the tracks, we’ve got a squad more than capable now !! COYBs !!!
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 06:55 - Feb 7 with 2644 viewsbobbyramsey

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 19:20 - Feb 6 by bazza

Going to be massive, If we start like we finished against Preston, Saturday could well be the day our promotion season jumps back on the tracks, we’ve got a squad more than capable now !! COYBs !!!

But is our squad more capable than those of Leicester, Southampton or Leeds?

I sincerely hope so but in reality I doubt it.......
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 07:24 - Feb 7 with 2600 viewsWhos_blue

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 06:55 - Feb 7 by bobbyramsey

Come on mate. Let the sunshine in bro.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 07:27 - Feb 7 with 2593 viewsbobbyramsey

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 07:24 - Feb 7 by Whos_blue

Come on mate. Let the sunshine in bro.

Lol, all for a bit of sunshine but also seated in reality 👍
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 08:46 - Feb 7 with 2448 viewsGarv

Course it isn't.

But our manager is.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 09:45 - Feb 7 with 2320 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That's the spirit!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Portman Road crowd has to be the 12th man on 09:50 - Feb 7 with 2296 viewsunstableblue

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 19:20 - Feb 6 by bazza

Has to start the game with unqualified and rousing support

Not play the ‘wait for the team to do something before we generate atmosphere’ game

Saturday will be very hard, it will be fine margins, and a supportive passionate atmosphere could tip the game and our season.

Let’s be our very best. Lower North needs to have their best performance of the season.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 10:12 - Feb 7 with 2234 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Would you say Plymouth had a better squad than us last year? Doubt it, but they still finished above us. More teams have beaten Leeds than have beaten Town, they aren’t invincible. Southampton have mostly been beating relegation fodder.
[Post edited 7 Feb 10:13]
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 10:45 - Feb 7 with 2162 viewsAlberto_the_frog

And on TV too. Crunch game.
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 12:45 - Feb 7 with 2001 viewsbobbyramsey

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 10:12 - Feb 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Would you say Plymouth had a better squad than us last year? Doubt it, but they still finished above us. More teams have beaten Leeds than have beaten Town, they aren’t invincible. Southampton have mostly been beating relegation fodder.
[Post edited 7 Feb 10:13]

I just said those teams have better squads, and it's true.

Why all the jumping up and down?
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 12:46 - Feb 7 with 1991 viewsbobbyramsey

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 09:45 - Feb 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

That's the spirit!

Do you deny the fact?
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 12:52 - Feb 7 with 1952 viewsburnbudgiesburn

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 12:45 - Feb 7 by bobbyramsey

They do. Doesn't guarantee them to finish above us in the table.

I would love to face Leeds in the final. They would be so over confident it would be crazy. And I doubt McK would play a final so open or he is not as good a coach as we think he is.
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 13:21 - Feb 7 with 1872 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 12:46 - Feb 7 by bobbyramsey

Do you deny the fact?

What fact?

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 13:25 - Feb 7 with 1855 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 12:45 - Feb 7 by bobbyramsey

No, you said "is our squad more capable than those of Leicester, Southampton or Leeds?"

My answer is, quite possibly. Football's a team game. Whilst their squads cost more and have better individuals, it's possible McKenna can get ours to pick up more points because of how we play as a team.

Otherwise you might as well forget competing and just dole out the prizes based on how much money each team cost.

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 14:44 - Feb 7 with 1712 viewsbobbyramsey

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 13:25 - Feb 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, you said "is our squad more capable than those of Leicester, Southampton or Leeds?"

My answer is, quite possibly. Football's a team game. Whilst their squads cost more and have better individuals, it's possible McKenna can get ours to pick up more points because of how we play as a team.

Otherwise you might as well forget competing and just dole out the prizes based on how much money each team cost.

I think they have more players of a better quality = better squad. What you do with that squad is down to management and coaching, which we weren't discussing here.

The three teams mentioned have spent years in the PL, we came up from League 1 and still use the basis of that squad.

I'm not being negative or putting a "downer" on the club, I'm just being realistic....
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 15:24 - Feb 7 with 1637 viewsVegtablue

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 14:44 - Feb 7 by bobbyramsey

I think they have more players of a better quality = better squad. What you do with that squad is down to management and coaching, which we weren't discussing here.

The three teams mentioned have spent years in the PL, we came up from League 1 and still use the basis of that squad.

I'm not being negative or putting a "downer" on the club, I'm just being realistic....

They emphatically have players of better quality lol. We don't find ourselves together on points because our squads or starting XIs are equal and being blind to that serves little benefit.

What we intend is to be more effective than sides who enjoy a significantly greater cushion over their opponents, in ability, than we do. But that cushion is narrowed somewhat on account of the fixtures we all have left, and hopefully Moore reduces the gap further still. It's objectively harder for us but we can achieve this, much like Plymouth did last season. We took 20 points from our final 8 games, +22 GD, unstoppable! Incredibly Plymouth took 21 points with just +9 GD. They found a way to consistently (almost unerringly) win the tight encounters.
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 17:48 - Feb 7 with 1497 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 14:44 - Feb 7 by bobbyramsey

Well we were discussing if "our squad (is) more capable than those of Leicester, Southampton or Leeds?" ...and management and coaching is a huge part of whether it's capable or not.

The way I see it is we've had an incredible start to being back at Champ level, weren't expected to be anywhere near where we are, so in a way have nothing to lose. Just got to try and enjoy it. I love being the underdog upstarts getting in the way of the big boys!

The Portman Road crowd has to be the 12th man on 18:01 - Feb 7 with 1469 viewscbower

The Portman Road crowd has to be the 12th man on 09:50 - Feb 7 by unstableblue

Not play the ‘wait for the team to do something before we generate atmosphere’ game

Saturday will be very hard, it will be fine margins, and a supportive passionate atmosphere could tip the game and our season.

Let’s be our very best. Lower North needs to have their best performance of the season.

Crowd support is always essential but the team needv to start quicker. Move the ball quicker, create their tempo in the game. It's not just that we have conceded early goals, we have looked sluggish in the first 15-20 minutes too.

bluescouser

West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 19:30 - Feb 7 with 1386 viewsOldFart71

Not sure who they were talking about, whether it was Leeds or Leicester, but they were saying how well we had done considering our squad cost 10 million against theirs at 400 million. Whilst I can see the logic in parachute payments clubs coming down have a massive advantage as for at least a season they can hang on to a majority of their best players and Leeds have the largest crowds on top of that. All proven by Leicester, Southampton and Leeds and prior to that our web fingered Budgies up the road on managed to return twice I believe having been relegated. Sadly when Town last got demoted we had both the costs of new stands, George Sereni to pay off and no parachute like now.
The Portman Road crowd has to be the 12th man on 21:00 - Feb 7 with 1317 viewsbazza

The Portman Road crowd has to be the 12th man on 09:50 - Feb 7 by unstableblue

Agree , we Need the ground to be rocking on Saturday !!
West Brom (h) - complete sell-out on 07:15 - Feb 8 with 1118 viewsslade1

I know it has been said many times before but.......
this is a must win game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024