Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last 8 Form Table 21:02 - Feb 3 with 4421 viewsPunch

We’re 18th in the last 8 game Championship form table - 19th in the league and 14 points behind Southampton who are obviously top. We had a buffer, it’s now gone so can’t afford anymore slip ups. If this form continues for the next 2 or 3 games automatic will have gone. Still think we can do it but we need a run like last season in league one - can we do this against better teams in the championship?!?
Last 8 Form Table on 21:06 - Feb 3 with 3604 viewsFrimleyBlue

If this run continues play offs might still not be on which seemed to be a cert only a month ago.

But we do have the new lads.
We just need to get going soon.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Last 8 Form Table on 21:11 - Feb 3 with 3585 viewsGlasgowBlue

Last 8 Form Table on 21:06 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

If this run continues play offs might still not be on which seemed to be a cert only a month ago.

We may have surrendered a big lead on the teams chasing automatic but the teams in 7th to 10th aren't putting together the sort of run that both Southampton and Leeds have. There is a reason that they are outside the top six.

I would't worry about the play offs.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Last 8 Form Table on 21:12 - Feb 3 with 3581 viewsAlanG296

And it was all going so well, 16 wins in 21 prior to the festivities before a mid-season game against mid-table opponents on 16/12.

1 win in 8 since
Last 8 Form Table on 21:19 - Feb 3 with 3530 viewsDJR

Maybe time for Leeds and Southampton to have a dip in form.
Last 8 Form Table on 22:43 - Feb 3 with 3241 viewswhymark4lazio0

Recent evidence, the start of this season, suggests we can. And our squad is stronger now than it was then.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Last 8 Form Table on 22:46 - Feb 3 with 3221 viewsbournemouthblue

We are 15 points clear of 7th, that would be an epic collapse!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Last 8 Form Table on 23:03 - Feb 3 with 3156 viewsredrickstuhaart

We have had a tough run of games, against some top sides (Leicester twice...) without our Captain or a main striker.

Those issues are now addressed and simpler games are ahead of us.

Reason for optimism.
Last 8 Form Table on 08:50 - Feb 4 with 2777 viewsITFCSG

Last 8 Form Table on 23:03 - Feb 3 by redrickstuhaart

We have had a tough run of games, against some top sides (Leicester twice...) without our Captain or a main striker.

Reason for optimism.

Fingers crossed but the defence must stop playing tippy tappy in the final third. It cost us a goal v Watford and yesterday, and we got lucky v Sunderland as well.

When teams attack us with speed on the wing we look like rabbits in the headlights.

Stop the fannying around and get the ball up on the floor as fast as possible. This isn’t League One anymore, teams press much better and our back line are prone to mistakes once this happens.
Login to get fewer ads

Last 8 Form Table on 08:59 - Feb 4 with 2748 viewsredrickstuhaart

Last 8 Form Table on 08:50 - Feb 4 by ITFCSG

Fingers crossed but the defence must stop playing tippy tappy in the final third. It cost us a goal v Watford and yesterday, and we got lucky v Sunderland as well.

When teams attack us with speed on the wing we look like rabbits in the headlights.

Stop the fannying around and get the ball up on the floor as fast as possible. This isn’t League One anymore, teams press much better and our back line are prone to mistakes once this happens.

No, the defence have to keep playing the way we have played and trained for the last two years.

It is what has got us there. And as the manager would point out, lumping it forward is just as dangerous in its own way.
Last 8 Form Table on 09:25 - Feb 4 with 2669 viewsITFCSG

Last 8 Form Table on 08:59 - Feb 4 by redrickstuhaart

No, the defence have to keep playing the way we have played and trained for the last two years.

It is what has got us there. And as the manager would point out, lumping it forward is just as dangerous in its own way.

I’m obviously not advocating hoofball a la dino Mick. What I meant was Hladky and the defence to play the ball out quicker. Not left, right and center then backwards with their forwards pressing. It’s playing with fire. Southampton tried the same early in the season and lost 4 in a row, that was how Hutch managed to steal the ball and score at St. Mary’s. If you watch their recent games they have stopped doing that for obvious reasons.
Last 8 Form Table on 09:37 - Feb 4 with 2628 viewsredrickstuhaart

Last 8 Form Table on 09:25 - Feb 4 by ITFCSG

I’m obviously not advocating hoofball a la dino Mick. What I meant was Hladky and the defence to play the ball out quicker. Not left, right and center then backwards with their forwards pressing. It’s playing with fire. Southampton tried the same early in the season and lost 4 in a row, that was how Hutch managed to steal the ball and score at St. Mary’s. If you watch their recent games they have stopped doing that for obvious reasons.

Its how we are where we are.

Because it creates space up the pitch.
Last 8 Form Table on 09:41 - Feb 4 with 2604 viewsSwansea_Blue

Last 8 Form Table on 22:46 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

We are 15 points clear of 7th, that would be an epic collapse!

We were 13 points clear of S’ton just 8 games ago. It’s right that other teams chasing the app places won’t go on a run like S’ton’s though, so I’m not too worried. Besides, we’ll start picking up a few more points now I expect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Last 8 Form Table on 09:49 - Feb 4 with 2568 viewsbilllm

Ever since that fecking bus parade and chucking two points away to that lot we've nosey dived big time,
Once again they will be pissing over that we know how to embarrass ourselves,
Consolidation has been good this season,
Shame three big money sides would have been our year,
Wonder how long before we're in this position again,
Last 8 Form Table on 09:55 - Feb 4 with 2549 viewsHerbivore

Last 8 Form Table on 23:03 - Feb 3 by redrickstuhaart

Reason for optimism.

Yes, combination of factors at play in our recent form. 6 games against teams in the top half currently, 3 of them against Leicester and Leeds. 3 games without our captain, a couple without Davis, 5 without Hirst. We've had other players missing odd games in that run as well (Luongo, Broadhead, Burns, Clarke) so it's been a bit of a perfect storm of tough games coinciding with some illness and injuries. We've also not had much of the rub of the green with decisions in that time either, two (arguably three) offside goals given against us, two goals from clear fouls in the build up that would be given 9 times out of 10. Of course there's been stuff we could and should have done better but there's been a lot of things that have contributed to this tricky spell. A win next week would be very welcome and would set us up nicely for a decent run of fixtures where we could very much put ourselves right back in the top 2.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Last 8 Form Table on 10:50 - Feb 4 with 2481 viewsHemelBlue

We are nailed on for top 6 but I feel we will struggle to keep pace with Leeds and (even more so) Southampton for good reason. We had a real winning habit coming into the season and real stability and contentment, which gives momentum. They both had a losing habit and a rebuild to do. But they also had the trappings and budget from coming out of the prem. We have seen all three sides simply have a reversion to their mean where over the long season they reach their potential and we lose our momentum.

That is why we should be and can only be delighted with 4th. Then we will win the playoffs. It will be epic.
Last 8 Form Table on 10:54 - Feb 4 with 2457 viewsGlasgowBlue

Last 8 Form Table on 10:50 - Feb 4 by HemelBlue

We are nailed on for top 6 but I feel we will struggle to keep pace with Leeds and (even more so) Southampton for good reason. We had a real winning habit coming into the season and real stability and contentment, which gives momentum. They both had a losing habit and a rebuild to do. But they also had the trappings and budget from coming out of the prem. We have seen all three sides simply have a reversion to their mean where over the long season they reach their potential and we lose our momentum.

That is why we should be and can only be delighted with 4th. Then we will win the playoffs. It will be epic.

Top 2 is still obtainable. But we will need the same form we had up until the Norwich game.

If we don't make it then it's important that we don't limp into the play offs. We will need to be at our best for a possible semi final against West Brom and a probable final against either Leeds or Southampton.

Iron Lion Zion

Last 8 Form Table on 11:19 - Feb 4 with 2413 viewsbraveblue

What are we in last 10 games?
Last 8 Form Table on 11:31 - Feb 4 with 2377 viewsHerbivore

Last 8 Form Table on 10:50 - Feb 4 by HemelBlue

Southampton have a very tough run in coming up. They've got to visit us, Leeds, Leicester, and West Brom in their last 17 games. If they sustain their recent form then good on them but they've had quite a sustained run of easier fixtures.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Last 8 Form Table on 11:39 - Feb 4 with 2366 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

*Bookmark this post if necessary*

Not a chance we don’t make the playoffs. Guaranteed even at this point

We have 59 points with 17 games still to play.

Last season 69 points was enough for 6th.. over the past Decade the average is 74 points to finish 6th

We need to show catastrophic relegation form to not reach 70+ points

In fact I’d say with quite a bit of confidence that we will get 80+ points in not hit that magical number of 90.. but like last season this will probably be a freak season which breaks records for points tallies for sides finishing 3rd and 4th
Last 8 Form Table on 11:41 - Feb 4 with 2355 viewsGlasgowBlue

Last 8 Form Table on 11:19 - Feb 4 by braveblue

What are we in last 10 games?

10th

Iron Lion Zion

Last 8 Form Table on 11:46 - Feb 4 with 2345 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Form is temporary
Last 8 Form Table on 12:04 - Feb 4 with 2300 viewssmithy69

Dimmers - even for you this is comical

We aren’t going to give up a 15 point gap and finish out the top 6. Just not happening
Last 8 Form Table on 12:30 - Feb 4 with 2240 viewsElephantintheRoom

Thé interesting thing about that snapshot is how many points those teams ‘in touch with the play offs’ have gained on the franchise - and the ooh er moment when you think Town are en route to finishing 9th.

But I suspect the next eight games will throw up very different results for everyone - except the current top three.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The things is, Brian, that.... on 12:35 - Feb 4 with 2225 viewsBloots

Last 8 Form Table on 12:30 - Feb 4 by ElephantintheRoom

Thé interesting thing about that snapshot is how many points those teams ‘in touch with the play offs’ have gained on the franchise - and the ooh er moment when you think Town are en route to finishing 9th.

But I suspect the next eight games will throw up very different results for everyone - except the current top three.

...the actual franchise (Milwaukee Brewers UK Soccer Division) are in 8th place and still 15 points behind ITFC despite the recent change in fortunes.

But obviously you'll keep ignoring that fact.

You silly old sod.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Last 8 Form Table on 14:26 - Feb 4 with 2126 viewsWestSussexBlue

There’s a couple of ways to look at form tables. Personally I think it’s always a case of look at what the fixtures have been within that period so for Town,

Preston; No excuses, it was a bad First half
Sunderland; Pressure on us against Play off contenders
Leicester; Toughest fixture all season against Champions elect
Stoke; Tough place to go granted but hoped for more than a point
QPR; Points dropped no question but illness in the camp
Leicester League leaders and Yet we take a point
Leeds; Another massively tough test and we came unstuck badly but squad difference huge
Norwich; A local Derby is always a leveller so disappointing but not unexpected.

Whereas Southampton for example have had in a run of 8 games,
Rotherham
Swansea
Sheff Wed
Norwich
Plymouth
Swansea
QPR
Blackburn,
None of those sides have been anywhere Top Six. It’s no wonder their form looks so good and ours by comparison looks poor.
We’ve had a dip certainly, now there are fixtures coming up that COULD be more favourable plus we’ve strengthened the areas to keep us fighting right to the very end.
FWIW I also think we’ll see Hirsty back sooner than we think.
[Post edited 4 Feb 14:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024