Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back from the game 20:13 - Feb 3 with 4668 viewsGlasgowBlue

To add my two penn'orth…..

Other than Woolfy and Clarke, there wasn’t a single player on the park in the first half who deserved to stay on for the second.

But what the heck has happened to Chaplin and Burns? Chaplin can’t seem to hit the target and Burns has lost his ability to beat a man and put a decent cross in.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just back from the game on 20:26 - Feb 3 with 4134 viewstazdac

Burns had his haircut! ;o)
Just back from the game on 20:47 - Feb 3 with 3980 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Has Burns reached his limit? Or does he think he has?
Hutch looks a better starter based on Burns over the last few games.

Our team gave Jackson next to nothing in that first half but perhaps Moore starting would have been the better option (we still go 2-0 down in 8 minutes whoever played up front IMO).

Woolf has to take some blame for goal 3. "Laconic" was the word that sprang to mind - but tbf to him the whole team would fit that description in the first half.

One of the worst first half displays under KM.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Just back from the game on 20:53 - Feb 3 with 3910 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just back from the game on 20:47 - Feb 3 by You_Bloo_Right

Has Burns reached his limit? Or does he think he has?
Hutch looks a better starter based on Burns over the last few games.

Our team gave Jackson next to nothing in that first half but perhaps Moore starting would have been the better option (we still go 2-0 down in 8 minutes whoever played up front IMO).

Woolf has to take some blame for goal 3. "Laconic" was the word that sprang to mind - but tbf to him the whole team would fit that description in the first half.

One of the worst first half displays under KM.

Not sure Woolf has any of the blame to share for their third goal. It was a standard passback to Hladky. Preston pressed well but how many times do we see Morsy receive the ball from Hladky in the 'D' whilst under pressure? He usually turns on a sixpence and initiates an attack.

Iron Lion Zion

Just back from the game on 20:54 - Feb 3 with 3897 viewsMidlander

Clarke didn't have a good first half, and played them onside for the second goal, when Edmundson stepped out. Clarke is OK when he has time, but struggles when put under pressure by tricky/pacy wingers.
Just back from the game on 20:59 - Feb 3 with 3819 viewspointofblue

Just back from the game on 20:54 - Feb 3 by Midlander

Clarke didn't have a good first half, and played them onside for the second goal, when Edmundson stepped out. Clarke is OK when he has time, but struggles when put under pressure by tricky/pacy wingers.

Thought he was further from our goal than Edmundson when the pass was played.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just back from the game on 21:01 - Feb 3 with 3803 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Just back from the game on 20:53 - Feb 3 by GlasgowBlue

Not sure Woolf has any of the blame to share for their third goal. It was a standard passback to Hladky. Preston pressed well but how many times do we see Morsy receive the ball from Hladky in the 'D' whilst under pressure? He usually turns on a sixpence and initiates an attack.

What irritated me was how long it seemed for Woolf to play that pass to Hladky - he plays it immediately rather than after the signatory pause does that put the keeper under more pressure (because Morsy was slower to get back to receieve the ball)?

I want the team to play out from the back, I just want them to do it quicker.

So, marginally delayed pass from CD to GK causes rushed pass from GK to returning CM allowing high pressing team to turn over the ball on the edge of our box? Just the way it looked to me.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Just back from the game on 21:01 - Feb 3 with 3801 viewssmithy69

Never onslde -should never have counted
Just back from the game on 21:13 - Feb 3 with 3670 viewsGlasgowBlue

Clarke is further up the pitch than Edmundson. No way is Clarke playing the Preston player onside.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Just back from the game on 21:13 - Feb 3 with 3668 viewsDennyx4

Edmundson was the deepest of the defenders and he was at least two yards further forward than the Preston player.

It should have been one of the easiest offside decisions of the day.

Clarke was decent first half against probably their main threat.
Just back from the game on 21:18 - Feb 3 with 3576 viewsChurchman

Not seen the game so just questions. Has the team’s confidence been destroyed and the players, like Burns and Chaplin, accordingly? 3-0 at half time? Forget the second half and the final score. The game was over. The second half was all about preventing a real hiding and rescuing crumbs.

Let’s face it, when were we on the front foot in any game in the last couple of months? Confidence? Errr. Found out? Definitely. Are we a bad side? Of course not. Will we improve? Of course. Do we dig in, support like hell and look forward. Oh yes, of course we do. The club is on the up! Big picture.

KM is learning. He’s learning like hell now and regardless, we cannot be relegated, we are in the mix and have made tremendous progress. Patience, gritted teeth, take the blows like today’s beating and learn. We will be fine.

Edit: front foot - Norwich at home. We should have avoided the nonsense and put them away in the first half.
[Post edited 3 Feb 21:20]
Just back from the game on 21:31 - Feb 3 with 3413 viewsFrimleyBlue

Burns. Teams have simply learnt. You don't need to double mark him. Just sit off and make sure you defend him 1-1 his has no answer to it. And burns crossing has never been amazing. Its looked OK at time because he's found a free Chaplin. But teams have sussed that out now so 9/10 burns attempted crosses hit that defender.

With chappers I'm hoping it's just the no hirst effect. But today he couldn't pass wind let alone the ball. He had simple passes to burns to make but scuffed them.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Just back from the game on 21:32 - Feb 3 with 3416 viewsMeadowlark

Just back from the game on 21:01 - Feb 3 by You_Bloo_Right

What irritated me was how long it seemed for Woolf to play that pass to Hladky - he plays it immediately rather than after the signatory pause does that put the keeper under more pressure (because Morsy was slower to get back to receieve the ball)?

I want the team to play out from the back, I just want them to do it quicker.

So, marginally delayed pass from CD to GK causes rushed pass from GK to returning CM allowing high pressing team to turn over the ball on the edge of our box? Just the way it looked to me.

Yes. There were a couple of times today when Hladky had the opportunity to play the ball to the spare player, but almost seemed to hold on to it to prove a point.
Just back from the game on 21:36 - Feb 3 with 3343 viewspointofblue

Just back from the game on 21:18 - Feb 3 by Churchman

Not seen the game so just questions. Has the team’s confidence been destroyed and the players, like Burns and Chaplin, accordingly? 3-0 at half time? Forget the second half and the final score. The game was over. The second half was all about preventing a real hiding and rescuing crumbs.

Let’s face it, when were we on the front foot in any game in the last couple of months? Confidence? Errr. Found out? Definitely. Are we a bad side? Of course not. Will we improve? Of course. Do we dig in, support like hell and look forward. Oh yes, of course we do. The club is on the up! Big picture.

KM is learning. He’s learning like hell now and regardless, we cannot be relegated, we are in the mix and have made tremendous progress. Patience, gritted teeth, take the blows like today’s beating and learn. We will be fine.

Edit: front foot - Norwich at home. We should have avoided the nonsense and put them away in the first half.

More the first two goals - one of which had an arguable foul in the build up, the second of which was definite offside - shook us badly before we could get into our stride, and raised Preston's confidence. I don't think the confidence is or should be destroyed? It was only in our last league game that we pushed Leicester to the wire and got a deserved draw.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just back from the game on 21:37 - Feb 3 with 3327 viewsHerbivore

Just back from the game on 21:13 - Feb 3 by GlasgowBlue

Clarke is further up the pitch than Edmundson. No way is Clarke playing the Preston player onside.

Inexcusable to not give that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just back from the game on 21:38 - Feb 3 with 3327 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lino ahead of the play too, so viewing from incorrect angle.

Poll: W or W

Just back from the game on 22:17 - Feb 3 with 3080 viewstextbackup

Just back from the game on 21:37 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Inexcusable to not give that.

So what’s the deal here then, do the club provide evidence to the league? Does the lino get a ‘please explain’ email?

I’d love the know how accountable they are for their failures. Their clear and obvious failures

That also goes for Hladky planing away the back pass, that was even worse!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just back from the game on 08:21 - Feb 4 with 2473 viewsDJR

Just back from the game on 21:18 - Feb 3 by Churchman

I think Preston were set up very well to prevent us playing our normal game, and the two early goals didn't help, because we then seemed to panic a bit and rather rush things.

There have been several away games where we have struggled a bit in the first half but we have normally pulled things around in the second, as we did yesterday. This time, due to 3 unfortunate goals, it was just too tall an order.
[Post edited 4 Feb 8:23]
Just back from the game on 08:26 - Feb 4 with 2427 viewsDJR

It's not clear to me from that photo if Edmundson knew where his attacker was but the positioning of Clarke suggests to me that he was keeping the line in order to play the offside.
[Post edited 4 Feb 8:27]
Just back from the game on 09:41 - Feb 4 with 2190 viewsbilllm

Chaplin burns woeful away from home but that might be a tight set up fearful of letting an early goal in, then it happens and the home team box is in and we can't get out hence poor first half,
Omari and Jackson defend better than burns ever will so away he shouldn't start, Chaplin is so off needs resting,
Just back from the game on 10:04 - Feb 4 with 2113 viewsPinewoodblue

Just back from the game on 09:41 - Feb 4 by billlm

Chaplin burns woeful away from home but that might be a tight set up fearful of letting an early goal in, then it happens and the home team box is in and we can't get out hence poor first half,
Omari and Jackson defend better than burns ever will so away he shouldn't start, Chaplin is so off needs resting,

KMc, for me, was too cautious with his starting eleven . Started withe attack Preston would have planned for.

I expected Hutchinson to start, not Burns; Moore instead of Jackson & Al Hadami not Chaplin.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Just back from the game on 10:10 - Feb 4 with 2077 viewsSwansea_Blue

To be fair to the lino, his view must be restricted there by the massive heap of fkn incompetence covering him!! Hopeless

You can’t legislate for that. Just have to take it on the chin and hope the useless idiot also costs one of our rivals some points.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just back from the game on 10:15 - Feb 4 with 2044 viewsHerbivore

Just back from the game on 10:04 - Feb 4 by Pinewoodblue

KMc, for me, was too cautious with his starting eleven . Started withe attack Preston would have planned for.

I expected Hutchinson to start, not Burns; Moore instead of Jackson & Al Hadami not Chaplin.

Al-Hamadi isn't a number 10 so no way we'd be starting him in that role, we'd basically be going two up top having not trained in that shape and with two new signings being thrown in with no training behind them. We had some success when chasing the game with them on the pitch but that's a very different game state they're going into.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just back from the game on 11:44 - Feb 4 with 1851 viewsjaykay

Just back from the game on 10:15 - Feb 4 by Herbivore

Al-Hamadi isn't a number 10 so no way we'd be starting him in that role, we'd basically be going two up top having not trained in that shape and with two new signings being thrown in with no training behind them. We had some success when chasing the game with them on the pitch but that's a very different game state they're going into.

trouble is we will never know if starting them would have made a difference. the only thing we know is the team that started didnt get going in the first half.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Just back from the game on 13:17 - Feb 4 with 1682 viewsbilllm

Just back from the game on 10:04 - Feb 4 by Pinewoodblue

He has been ever since we kept leaking early goals, hence stifling our play, he's at fault for that,
Favouring favourites for the good of the team management and fans,hurts the formation away from home, burns does not defend well at all, but then all of them are electric at home,
Just back from the game on 13:27 - Feb 4 with 1628 viewsronnyd

Just back from the game on 08:26 - Feb 4 by DJR

It's not clear to me from that photo if Edmundson knew where his attacker was but the positioning of Clarke suggests to me that he was keeping the line in order to play the offside.
[Post edited 4 Feb 8:27]

The mowed lines show that the offside was obvious.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024