Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrating game that doesn't tell us much 19:23 - Feb 3 with 627 viewskizaitfc

2 goals in the first 8 minutes that on a different day one or possibly even both are disallowed.

At 0-0 or even 1-0 the whole game is different, them being 2-0 was a huge gut punch to our players and allows them to sit back and defend.

Big positives on the second half with Moore showing he is going to be a real handful for defences.

I'd consider dropping Chaplin and playing Broady as no. 10 next week.

Feel really sorry for Edmundson as the two goals make him look really bad, but one unfortunate deflection and a clear offside goal.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Frustrating game that doesn't tell us much on 19:28 - Feb 3 with 590 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Putting the ref stuff aside for a moment, we start games on the back foot a little too often. How many goals have we conceded in the first 10 minutes this season? We’ve overcome a lot of them but it’s a weird thing for such a well coached team. I’m not sure if we are purposely not matching opposition tempo because it serves us well later but we can’t keep coming from behind. Need to be switched on from the whistle.
Frustrating game that doesn't tell us much on 20:02 - Feb 3 with 488 viewskizaitfc

Frustrating game that doesn't tell us much on 19:28 - Feb 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Putting the ref stuff aside for a moment, we start games on the back foot a little too often. How many goals have we conceded in the first 10 minutes this season? We’ve overcome a lot of them but it’s a weird thing for such a well coached team. I’m not sure if we are purposely not matching opposition tempo because it serves us well later but we can’t keep coming from behind. Need to be switched on from the whistle.

Agreed

I do also think we have been fortunate in some games not to concede more. Hladky has been very good all season.

There are going to be games where we fall the wrong side of the luck.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Frustrating game that doesn't tell us much on 20:10 - Feb 3 with 440 viewsHerbivore

Frustrating game that doesn't tell us much on 20:02 - Feb 3 by kizaitfc

Agreed

I do also think we have been fortunate in some games not to concede more. Hladky has been very good all season.

There are going to be games where we fall the wrong side of the luck.

We actually concede more than our xGA, we generally don't concede many chances and the stats show we concede slightly more than we should.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024