Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So today 06:18 - Jan 31 with 9272 viewschicoazul

We need to sew up a 9 and a left back.
If we don’t, will this be the biggest missed opportunity for the club ever? Certainly since Evans not giving Mick the Mings money to spend after we just missed out in the play offs?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So today on 06:25 - Feb 1 with 935 viewschicoazul

Are our phalanx of well paid executive level staff going to get the players the manager needs as we face our greatest chance in over 20 years of the Premier League? There’s only one way to find out!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So today on 07:51 - Feb 1 with 825 viewsFunge

Agree with this, mon ami, not that you need my validation.

Been apparent since Boxing Day and poor old Hirst's leg going pop, that we need two strikers, and looks like some cover needed for Davis too. I'd personally get another CM in also, as I'm unconvinced by Taylor, but acknowledge that I'm fully in the minority on that point.

The back office have done a lot of good things in the last 3 years - however, they need to produce today. Big day, unut.
So today on 08:02 - Feb 1 with 798 viewsHerbivore

So today on 12:30 - Jan 31 by Europablue

Just look at the inconsistent starts of both Leeds and especially Southampton. We were fortunate that they were not at it at the very beginning of the season like they are now and not dominating the way many expected them too. On the other hand, it is unfortunate that those three clubs are in the Championship with the embarrassment of riches they have in their squads. We were too reliant on Hirst and that was fine until he got injured. I would argue that Leeds and Southampton have greater depth and quality, so our injury misfortune is more consequential. That is the grounds for saying that we have been lucky, but now our luck has turned for the worse. Anyway, we made it into the January window and we have been addressing the weaknesses in our squad, hopefully getting 1 or 2 quality signings over the line to complete our transfer business.

Can't agree at all. We're lucky we didn't get Hirst injured before now is a bit of a weird argument, it's not usual to have your main striker injured for half a season. It hasn't happened to any of our main rivals either. And to say we're lucky that Saints and Leeds didn't start better is also bizarre. Not all sides start well but the fact is that both are sitting at or above 2 points per game after 28 or 29 games and that would usually see them comfortably in the top 2, possibly even top. In a normal season we would be top with a hefty gap to third place. So to say we've been lucky with the form of our rivals, even with the caveats you've added, is just nonsense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So today on 08:09 - Feb 1 with 766 viewsHerbivore

So today on 07:51 - Feb 1 by Funge

Been apparent since Boxing Day and poor old Hirst's leg going pop, that we need two strikers, and looks like some cover needed for Davis too. I'd personally get another CM in also, as I'm unconvinced by Taylor, but acknowledge that I'm fully in the minority on that point.

The back office have done a lot of good things in the last 3 years - however, they need to produce today. Big day, unut.

Defo wouldn't be looking at midfield right now. Morsy, Luongo, Travis, and Taylor is a decent quartet and in a pinch we've got the likes of Ball and Humphreys as further cover. Defo need some full back cover and another striker, let's see what today brings.

So today on 08:13 - Feb 1 with 736 viewstextbackup

So today on 08:09 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Defo wouldn't be looking at midfield right now. Morsy, Luongo, Travis, and Taylor is a decent quartet and in a pinch we've got the likes of Ball and Humphreys as further cover. Defo need some full back cover and another striker, let's see what today brings.

Hasnt travis played fullback previously?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So today on 08:15 - Feb 1 with 725 viewsHerbivore

So today on 08:13 - Feb 1 by textbackup

Hasnt travis played fullback previously?

Yeah, can cover right back as can Tuanzebe and Ball. Left back we're less well covered.

So today on 08:57 - Feb 1 with 670 viewsFunge

So today on 08:09 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Yeah, probably being a little daft with the CM comment - Travis has looked good.
So today on 09:02 - Feb 1 with 649 viewsHerbivore

So today on 08:57 - Feb 1 by Funge

Yeah, probably being a little daft with the CM comment - Travis has looked good.

Taylor is very up and down but there's definitely a player in there and as third or fourth choice he's a decent option. Travis every inch a hardened Championship CM.prsy and Luongo have been ridiculous this season as well, both look top end Championship players with how they're performing.

Login to get fewer ads

So today on 10:29 - Feb 2 with 517 viewschicoazul

Fair play lads, excellent window well done! Williams is like a new signing if he’s anything like as good as he was in the autumn!
And now, promotion!

So today on 10:32 - Feb 2 with 509 viewschicoazul

So today on 07:51 - Feb 1 by Funge

I’m well happy babes. Travis Sarmiento Moore all what we need in key areas, Al H is one for the future and Williams could be mint if he’s back to what he was fingers crossed.
Premiership!

So today on 10:33 - Feb 2 with 504 viewsHerbivore

So today on 10:32 - Feb 2 by chicoazul

I’m well happy babes. Travis Sarmiento Moore all what we need in key areas, Al H is one for the future and Williams could be mint if he’s back to what he was fingers crossed.
Premiership!

I have a feeling Al-Hamadi is going to make a big contribution this season too, just feels like a player who could hit the ground running.

So today on 10:36 - Feb 2 with 478 viewschicoazul

So today on 10:33 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

I have a feeling Al-Hamadi is going to make a big contribution this season too, just feels like a player who could hit the ground running.

Hope so, he’s got quite a few already this year hasn’t he. It’s a big job filling in for Hirst and Ladapo.
I always like to tease people on here about loans but as I think you and others have said before that’s just the way the market works now innit. Like to think we could secure 3 of the 4 if (when) we go up.

So today on 10:36 - Feb 2 with 478 viewsMetal_Hacker

So today on 10:33 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

I seriously think 3-4 weeks o the training ground , patterns of play drilled into him and he’s going to be huge !

The through balls from Leif , the cheeky balls over the top from Chappers and the crosses from Wes …..it’s gonna be a joy

Poll: If it were one or the other

So today on 10:42 - Feb 2 with 453 viewsHerbivore

So today on 10:36 - Feb 2 by chicoazul

Hope so, he’s got quite a few already this year hasn’t he. It’s a big job filling in for Hirst and Ladapo.
I always like to tease people on here about loans but as I think you and others have said before that’s just the way the market works now innit. Like to think we could secure 3 of the 4 if (when) we go up.

Think a key thing with the loans as well is we're using them sensibly to add some quality but none of them are (yet) key players who are integral to how we play. Hutchinson and Williams have been here the longest and both have a handful of starts to show for it, but have made some telling contributions with their quality. Sarmiento hasn't started in the league yet but has had an impact and looks one who may actually nail down a place given Broadhead's form. It's not like some other clubs or even us in years gone by where we're completely reliant on loans. Moore makes perfect sense as an experienced campaigner to cover for Hirst, with Al-Hamadi giving us an option and being a player we can really develop. All good business, imo.

So today on 10:46 - Feb 2 with 432 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So today on 10:42 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

Think a key thing with the loans as well is we're using them sensibly to add some quality but none of them are (yet) key players who are integral to how we play. Hutchinson and Williams have been here the longest and both have a handful of starts to show for it, but have made some telling contributions with their quality. Sarmiento hasn't started in the league yet but has had an impact and looks one who may actually nail down a place given Broadhead's form. It's not like some other clubs or even us in years gone by where we're completely reliant on loans. Moore makes perfect sense as an experienced campaigner to cover for Hirst, with Al-Hamadi giving us an option and being a player we can really develop. All good business, imo.

Yeah they enhance the team, unlike say Plymouth last year whose loans were the team.
[Post edited 2 Feb 15:47]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024