Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
xMcK 22:10 - Jan 28 with 2799 viewsChris_ITFC

xMcK is the measurement of the expected number of days remaining in the holy reign of Kieran McKenna’s at Ipswich Town.

For example, defeat to non-league Maidstone has does a tiny (minute) damage to his reputation, thus has a positive effect on the xMcK.

However:

Fail to land two strikers, allow the chance of promotion to be undermined by one injury, even without fault (FFP, etc), and the xMcK takes a BIG hit if we can’t match his ambitions in this scenario.

The fortunes of ITFC are intrinsically linked to the xMcK.
[Post edited 28 Jan 22:44]
xMcK on 08:12 - Jan 29 with 400 viewsChris_ITFC

xMcK on 23:51 - Jan 28 by BondiBlue

Because it's the internet? Always assume everyone on the internet is either a troll, a bot or in a bad mood. Then you can only be pleasantly surprised.

What do you reckon the current xMcK is? 5 months? 17 months?

I’d be delighted if he’s still here next season. The high chance of De Zerbi leaving worries me, and Hodgson to a much lesser extent.
xMcK on 08:25 - Jan 29 with 359 viewsGeoffSentence

It's a little like the doomsday clock, this idea. I reckon we are a still at about quarter to midnight.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

xMcK on 08:35 - Jan 29 with 349 viewsHerbivore

xMcK on 08:12 - Jan 29 by Chris_ITFC

I’d be delighted if he’s still here next season. The high chance of De Zerbi leaving worries me, and Hodgson to a much lesser extent.

It all comes down to whether we go up. If we do then I think he'll be here for sure, if we don't then there's a much bigger risk that he decides to move on

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

xMcK on 08:54 - Jan 29 with 322 viewsBondiBlue

xMcK on 08:35 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

It all comes down to whether we go up. If we do then I think he'll be here for sure, if we don't then there's a much bigger risk that he decides to move on

Sounds like the owners are supportive but restricted by FFP. If that's the case, a lot may depend on how much we can get for davis (if we don't go up). If we get a big fee and spend it all, i reckon he'll stay. This is his team now. Interesting to hear him say how he's more interested in coaching than squad building. Maybe pumping money into the training ground and academy might help keep him here.

Poll: Which would you accept?

xMcK on 09:05 - Jan 29 with 312 viewsunstableblue

As you say Maidstone result was a positive in increasing the value of xMcK

I personally think the impending training ground rebuild under his design adds 12months.

I also think the reality that next season's Championship will be far easier also confirms 12 months.

I think McKenna will want at least one more summer window and training. And a real push for promotion next season now we're settled in the Championship, before considering a move anywhere.

I do agree there are two factors that may suddenly reduce xMcK:

- he feels that FFP challenges in the players he can bring in, against Parachute Payments, mean that even with his talents a Town promotion is too difficult
- the massive hype around him, puts him on wanted lists of Premier League clubs, who match his criteria AND he feels he is ready for the step-up - fanbase bigger and more passionate than towns, significantly larger ground, strong history, good ownership, funds to push for a cup or euro qualification

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

xMcK on 10:45 - Jan 29 with 249 viewsChris_ITFC

xMcK on 09:05 - Jan 29 by unstableblue

As you say Maidstone result was a positive in increasing the value of xMcK

I personally think the impending training ground rebuild under his design adds 12months.

I also think the reality that next season's Championship will be far easier also confirms 12 months.

I think McKenna will want at least one more summer window and training. And a real push for promotion next season now we're settled in the Championship, before considering a move anywhere.

I do agree there are two factors that may suddenly reduce xMcK:

- he feels that FFP challenges in the players he can bring in, against Parachute Payments, mean that even with his talents a Town promotion is too difficult
- the massive hype around him, puts him on wanted lists of Premier League clubs, who match his criteria AND he feels he is ready for the step-up - fanbase bigger and more passionate than towns, significantly larger ground, strong history, good ownership, funds to push for a cup or euro qualification

Lots of truth there!

Hopefully he’ll see the Prem as achievable with us - to be breaking records (and be likely automatics in any other season, like you say) with a freshly promoted team shows the potential.

That’s why the transfer situation worries me, as it limits that potential more than anything else. I’ve no doubt he’ll work wonders with whatever he gets given, mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024