Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. 06:01 - Jan 28 with 1050 viewseddiespearitt03

Well done Maidstone.
Had two chances and buried them.

I just can't get my head round either of Maidstone's goals.

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 09:12 - Jan 28 with 814 viewsHelp

we had too high a press, and got caught with too few defenders. Watch the first goal and see how their striker out runs Hutchinson who was the nearest to him before the ball got played forward.

As for the second, an intercepted pass and again too high.

Also question the playing of 10 players who rarely play together or are up to match fitness. A keeper who was slow coming out and caught in mid area. Walton looked rusty, other looked rusty. Overall we were slow to build and looked like the football we played prior to Kieran arriving.
The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 09:12 - Jan 28 with 812 viewsDJR

Early on when we had a corner, we only had Ball back against a much quicker attacker, and I said to my mate we needed someone quicker than that to cover a good ball over the top, and ideally two men rather than one.

And it was Ball at the back on his own when Maidstone scored their first goal.
[Post edited 28 Jan 9:15]
The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 09:19 - Jan 28 with 777 viewsSwansea_Blue

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 09:12 - Jan 28 by Help

we had too high a press, and got caught with too few defenders. Watch the first goal and see how their striker out runs Hutchinson who was the nearest to him before the ball got played forward.

Also question the playing of 10 players who rarely play together or are up to match fitness. A keeper who was slow coming out and caught in mid area. Walton looked rusty, other looked rusty. Overall we were slow to build and looked like the football we played prior to Kieran arriving.

Hutchinson didn’t look right after the challenge just before the corner. I’m not sure if that contributed to it.

I think we were too casual. Elokobi in his presser ofter talked about them trying to remain humble and respectful. I’m not convinced we were enough of either of those things. Be a bit more respectful and you don’t forget to do the basics of defending. Some of our fans too - people seem to have expected us to roll them over without trying and are now having a meltdown and not giving them enough credit for sticking to their tasks and grabbing their opportunity.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 10:52 - Jan 28 with 658 viewspointofblue

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 09:19 - Jan 28 by Swansea_Blue

Hutchinson didn’t look right after the challenge just before the corner. I’m not sure if that contributed to it.

I think we were too casual. Elokobi in his presser ofter talked about them trying to remain humble and respectful. I’m not convinced we were enough of either of those things. Be a bit more respectful and you don’t forget to do the basics of defending. Some of our fans too - people seem to have expected us to roll them over without trying and are now having a meltdown and not giving them enough credit for sticking to their tasks and grabbing their opportunity.

McKenna indicated as much in the post match interview - noted we had an injury but it was badly communicated. Presume he means either Hutchinson should have asked for help to cover off the break but didn't, or no one responded to Hutchinson's request.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 11:00 - Jan 28 with 608 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Axel hasn’t particularly impressed me in any of his outings- just leaves me wondering how he ever played for Man Utd. I think he was well worth giving a short term contract and seeing how he performed, but personally I wouldn’t keep him next season whatever league we are in.
The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 11:59 - Jan 28 with 554 viewspointofblue

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 11:00 - Jan 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Axel hasn’t particularly impressed me in any of his outings- just leaves me wondering how he ever played for Man Utd. I think he was well worth giving a short term contract and seeing how he performed, but personally I wouldn’t keep him next season whatever league we are in.

I think he’s really suffering from a lack of match fitness. League wise, McKenna tends to play him in three game weeks to give Woolfenden a break. We have five games over a fortnight in February, and a further three game week in March, then one in April which includes the derby. I guess he may appear then, injuries and suspensions notwithstanding.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 12:01 - Jan 28 with 546 viewsDanTheMan

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 10:52 - Jan 28 by pointofblue

McKenna indicated as much in the post match interview - noted we had an injury but it was badly communicated. Presume he means either Hutchinson should have asked for help to cover off the break but didn't, or no one responded to Hutchinson's request.

You could see he was very obviously struggling, as they tore away he could barely run.

Then with the second caught out by the foul and poor defending afterwards.

Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong yesterday did. Really was one of those days but still doesn't excuse the result.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 12:03 - Jan 28 with 529 viewsTrequartista

The defending for both Maidstone goals were ridiculous. on 09:12 - Jan 28 by Help

Hutchinson was hobbling with an injury, I presume this is what McKenna is referring to in his press conference. You can see Sarmiento (i think) notice and overtake him, but too late.
[Post edited 28 Jan 12:03]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024