Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Build up to the Leicester goal 10:08 - Jan 23 with 621 viewsSaleAway

There's been a lot of talk about Leif's body position for the own goal, but for me the interesting discussion should be in the communication between Woolfy and Clarke.

1. Woolfy comes deep with Cannon, who then heads for the sideline... Woolfy goes with him, so Clarke has to move inside to cover. I remember thinking then, bet we end up in a problem at RB as they sort themselves out...

2. Woolfy tracks Cannon back into the middle, but just as he overlaps with Clarke, the ball comes into the RB area. AT this point, Clarke hasn't made the decision if he's back at RB or still covering the centre..

Questions....

should Woolfy have followed Cannon that far out in the first place.

How could Woolfy and Clarke have managed the situation better.

I'm not on a blame game here. Its a beautifully worked goal, and symptomatic of the excellent movement that the Leicester team showed in that first half. I'm just intrigued, because as soon as Woolfy was out wide, I thought we'd have a problem, and that's exactly what occurred.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Build up to the Leicester goal on 10:24 - Jan 23 with 520 viewsWickets

Don't think anyone covered themselves in glory Travis seems to switch off maybe accept it was a great second half again against the best side at this level take the point and move on .
Build up to the Leicester goal on 10:28 - Jan 23 with 488 viewsGeoffSentence

I think it's just excellent movement from Cannon and Mavididi. Woolfy had to go with Cannon or leave him on his own. Then if Clarke had followed Mavididi out wide there would have been a big hole in the middle.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Build up to the Leicester goal on 10:29 - Jan 23 with 482 viewsSaleAway

Build up to the Leicester goal on 10:24 - Jan 23 by Wickets

Don't think anyone covered themselves in glory Travis seems to switch off maybe accept it was a great second half again against the best side at this level take the point and move on .

I enjoyed the whole game actually. I thought although we didn't look after the ball well enough in the first half, we actually contained them reasonably well. Almost all our problems were self inflicted, but we were hard to break down most of the time.

Second half we were better because we played more in their half by being willing to be a bit more direct....

Didn't think Travis switched off... he was caught with both Mavididi and Pereira to mark. We got pulled out of shape, it happens, but I'm intrigued about how people thought we could have defended it better... one of those, where you could see the issue unfolding, but I'm not sure if its something that we could fix, or just accept that it was a well worked move.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024