Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead 22:13 - Jan 22 with 1184 viewsGarv

Hope he gets some appreciation after some harsh criticism recently.

Big role in creating the goal.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Broadhead on 22:16 - Jan 22 with 1149 viewsWeirdFishes

He was great tonight whilst being frustrating at the same time. His decision making in front of goal needs improving as tonight showed again. Criticism was fair of his performances of late.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Broadhead on 22:20 - Jan 22 with 1101 viewslazyblue

He causes problems for teams even when not fully at it.
Broadhead on 22:20 - Jan 22 with 1099 viewsitfcsuth

A top player, but things aren’t clicking for him at the moment.

Should have rolled Burns in twice this evening, poor decision making.

Shouldn’t receive too much critics though, we know there is a top player there, he’s show it time and time again.
Broadhead on 22:20 - Jan 22 with 1086 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Poor decision making in shooting rather than playing in Burns, his pressing was very good though. When we get a striker in, he will have to find some form, as his competition in attacking midfielders is Hutchinson, Sarmiento, and Harness!
Broadhead was excellent, and hopefully this signals a return to form on 22:27 - Jan 22 with 1001 viewsunstableblue

Haven’t read any harsh criticism

Just people being honest that he’s out of form - because he is - but knowing he’s still one of our best players and he’ll come good.

The harsh criticism has been for the likes of Jackson and Freddie

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Broadhead on 23:32 - Jan 22 with 848 viewsRe_User

I’m not sure he’ll get a start up front anytime soon, but it was fascinating to see the dynamic between him and the other subs over the last 10-15 mins. We looked like we were operating with a 4-6-0 and having players rotate positions constantly. It’s a genuinely interesting plan B and Broady has everything to do with it.
Broadhead on 23:59 - Jan 22 with 800 viewsNthQldITFC

Broadhead on 23:32 - Jan 22 by Re_User

I’m not sure he’ll get a start up front anytime soon, but it was fascinating to see the dynamic between him and the other subs over the last 10-15 mins. We looked like we were operating with a 4-6-0 and having players rotate positions constantly. It’s a genuinely interesting plan B and Broady has everything to do with it.

Yes, that rotation was really noticeable. Is that the false 9 thing people talk about? Broady was coming out and Hutch was going through, or Burns or Sarmiento sometimes.

Not sure if Leicester switched off or (my pet theory) Leicester deliberately committed so much energy to the first hour to try to kill us that they couldn't handle our movement at the end. If that's so, and if KMc read it and planned it that way, that's just superb.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Broadhead on 00:05 - Jan 23 with 788 viewsMVBlue

Personally I love Broadhead and think hes class. He has all the attributes, could play in any division.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Login to get fewer ads

Broadhead on 00:32 - Jan 23 with 726 viewsIPS_wich

Broadhead on 23:59 - Jan 22 by NthQldITFC

Yes, that rotation was really noticeable. Is that the false 9 thing people talk about? Broady was coming out and Hutch was going through, or Burns or Sarmiento sometimes.

Not sure if Leicester switched off or (my pet theory) Leicester deliberately committed so much energy to the first hour to try to kill us that they couldn't handle our movement at the end. If that's so, and if KMc read it and planned it that way, that's just superb.

100% agree with your theory.

The few times I've seen Leicester this season they have not been a high press team to the same extent as the two games against us - and on each occasion they have completely faded out in the last 20 minutes.

Their fans are saying the same on their forum and don't understand how the manager didn't learn from Boxing Day and make a load of substitutions after 65/70 minutes - especially given the contrast with how in both game our fresh legs off the bench was the game changer.

Twice now McKenna's game management has secured a draw against a team that (if we're being honest) totally dominated us in the first half.
Broadhead on 02:27 - Jan 23 with 654 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He’s absolutely class, my favorite player, just had a bit of a dip in form, it happens. Some of chances he gets stick for missing he creates the space himself out of nothing.
Broadhead on 02:56 - Jan 23 with 631 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

He didn't start this evening ? Seems the manager played Jackson on his own up front.

Either he's not match fit and McKenna didn't want to risk his participation or was content to allow the usual formation and see how it played out.

Seems that didn't work for us and only when Broadhead came on second-half did we start to play or threaten the opposition. McKenna only seems to play 1 in forward attack but for a game like today where points were real crucial against Leicester, thought maybe an extra man in forward position would have worked for us. Jackson it seems did well but would have liked to have seen both him and Broadhead from the start in it together. Can't remember if Aluko was involved at any time of fixture, maybe need to visit game report once again.
Broadhead on 07:44 - Jan 23 with 484 viewstextbackup

I’ve seen nothing of the sort, just people (me included) saying he’s dropped off from his normal levels, but is a great player so will be back at it.

Big part in the goal, but twice his decision making was poor in not playing Burns in. And I’m 99.9% sure his manager will tell him that too, it’s not harsh criticism, it’s an observation of what took place

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024