Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. 08:46 - Jan 21 with 4263 viewsITFCBlues

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 08:51 - Jan 21 with 3862 viewsKieran_Knows

I’ll be amazed if it doesn’t get done. They’re not going to walk away from the best part of almost £1.5m when he’s out of contract in 6 months and they’ve got no interest in triggering the years option in his deal.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:01 - Jan 21 with 3723 viewsITFCBlues

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 08:51 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

I’ll be amazed if it doesn’t get done. They’re not going to walk away from the best part of almost £1.5m when he’s out of contract in 6 months and they’ve got no interest in triggering the years option in his deal.

Quite, I'd say it's nailed on. Probably just trying to force our hand with paying a bit more or even trying to sort their own replacement out.

But as you say, not a chance they'll turn down 1.5m.

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:06 - Jan 21 with 3637 viewsDubtractor

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:01 - Jan 21 by ITFCBlues

Quite, I'd say it's nailed on. Probably just trying to force our hand with paying a bit more or even trying to sort their own replacement out.

But as you say, not a chance they'll turn down 1.5m.

Good that they got another 70 minutes out him yesterday too - building up his match fitness for us!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:07 - Jan 21 with 3631 viewstractorboy1978

He's also saying Blackburn want Rajovic but Watford want £4m. I think that shows you how hard signing a striker is in this window. Whatever way you cut it, eventually we are going to have to pay what we consider over the odds to get someone. And we need two really!
Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:12 - Jan 21 with 3520 viewsstrikalite

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:06 - Jan 21 by Dubtractor

Good that they got another 70 minutes out him yesterday too - building up his match fitness for us!

That's the bit I don't get, why would they risk that?
Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:14 - Jan 21 with 3487 viewsITFCBlues

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:12 - Jan 21 by strikalite

That's the bit I don't get, why would they risk that?

Because by not playing him, you'd suggest that weakens their hand somewwhat

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:18 - Jan 21 with 3430 viewsPhilTWTD

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 08:51 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

Think you're probably right but was nothing happening on it as of a couple of days ago.
Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:23 - Jan 21 with 3359 viewsITFCBlues

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:18 - Jan 21 by PhilTWTD

Think you're probably right but was nothing happening on it as of a couple of days ago.

1.5m doesn't look too bad when you consider Rhys Healey went to Huddersfield for circa 2m this week.

Seems the market for strikers is so scarce that it's really driven fees right up.

Login to get fewer ads

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:33 - Jan 21 with 3182 viewsKieran_Knows

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:18 - Jan 21 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, and probably why he started yesterday. They don’t play until next Monday now either, so think it’ll be an interesting week this one.

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:37 - Jan 21 with 3109 viewsNutkins_Return

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:23 - Jan 21 by ITFCBlues

1.5m doesn't look too bad when you consider Rhys Healey went to Huddersfield for circa 2m this week.

Seems the market for strikers is so scarce that it's really driven fees right up.

That's interesting. Surprised he was available. Wouldn't have minded us looking at him and not an awful price given what he achieved in France. Strange how little game time he got.
Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:45 - Jan 21 with 2996 viewsPhilTWTD

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:33 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed, and probably why he started yesterday. They don’t play until next Monday now either, so think it’ll be an interesting week this one.

That is a good indication that's nothing close as it stands. As you say, it has the hallmarks of a deal which will eventually get done. Player wants to come here, Town want him, Blackburn probably need to get him off their books in this window.
Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:48 - Jan 21 with 2928 viewsMullet

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:45 - Jan 21 by PhilTWTD

That is a good indication that's nothing close as it stands. As you say, it has the hallmarks of a deal which will eventually get done. Player wants to come here, Town want him, Blackburn probably need to get him off their books in this window.

Also gonna have his best mate Travis in his ear innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 10:05 - Jan 21 with 2769 viewsGavTWTD

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:48 - Jan 21 by Mullet

Also gonna have his best mate Travis in his ear innit.

Do we know they are best mates? The year extension could be triggered so they can make some money from him in the summer, but I do agree he seems the most likely to join us. Any more on Moore?

Leif seems to be getting a lot of bandwidth on other sites today but MAwould have to get busy at the end of the window.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 10:34 - Jan 21 with 2515 viewsRegencyBlue

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:14 - Jan 21 by ITFCBlues

Because by not playing him, you'd suggest that weakens their hand somewwhat

Against that he could pick up an injury which kills any deal and leaves him on their books for the foreseeable future.

January is a sellers market and every club knows we are desperate for a striker, if not two. If we really want this guy we are going to have to pay over the odds is my guess, as we are for any other striker probably. Time is running out so our wriggle room is lessening by the day.
Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 11:00 - Jan 21 with 2339 viewsfranz_tyson

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:07 - Jan 21 by tractorboy1978

He's also saying Blackburn want Rajovic but Watford want £4m. I think that shows you how hard signing a striker is in this window. Whatever way you cut it, eventually we are going to have to pay what we consider over the odds to get someone. And we need two really!

If Blackburn are after a player who's valued by his club at £4million - how hard up are they? Doesn't make sense to me. I got the impression Blackburn have some financial issues and that's why we were able to get our hands on Travis.
If the Rajovic interest is real, then Blackburn can't be that much in trouble financially.
Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 11:06 - Jan 21 with 2274 viewstextbackup

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 09:06 - Jan 21 by Dubtractor

On the other hand sht because we are in desperate need of him to be here playing for us Monday night

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 11:47 - Jan 21 with 2059 viewsMullet

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 10:05 - Jan 21 by GavTWTD

Do we know they are best mates? The year extension could be triggered so they can make some money from him in the summer, but I do agree he seems the most likely to join us. Any more on Moore?

Leif seems to be getting a lot of bandwidth on other sites today but MAwould have to get busy at the end of the window.

Apparently so.

No idea on Moore. You'd think Phil would bother to tell you of all people.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 11:56 - Jan 21 with 1991 viewsGavTWTD

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 11:47 - Jan 21 by Mullet

Apparently so.

No idea on Moore. You'd think Phil would bother to tell you of all people.

I wasn't really asking you as such but no Phil doesn't volunteer much info unless I threaten to pinch his hobnobs.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 12:02 - Jan 21 with 1932 viewsWhos_blue

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 11:56 - Jan 21 by GavTWTD

I wasn't really asking you as such but no Phil doesn't volunteer much info unless I threaten to pinch his hobnobs.

Maybe you need to up the ante.
Hit him were it really hurts.
Threaten to pinch his cheese.
He'll fold like a deck if cards.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 12:02 - Jan 21 with 1930 viewspointofblue

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 11:56 - Jan 21 by GavTWTD

Is that a euphemism?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Moore's agent has been.... on 12:21 - Jan 21 with 1821 viewsBloots

...at the club in the last couple of weeks.

But so has Stansfield's so it doesn't really mean anything concrete.

Personally I think the Moore deal will get done, and possibly Gallagher too but I have zero info on that one.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Moore's agent has been.... on 12:50 - Jan 21 with 1666 viewsKieran_Knows

Moore's agent has been.... on 12:21 - Jan 21 by Bloots

...at the club in the last couple of weeks.

But so has Stansfield's so it doesn't really mean anything concrete.

Personally I think the Moore deal will get done, and possibly Gallagher too but I have zero info on that one.

Don’t know why, but I just don’t see it with Moore. I can’t imagine for one minute Ashton will want to get involved in some sort of bidding/wage war for him, and if Bournemouth know they’ve got several teams after him they’ll hang on till the last minute to see who’s most desperate and will pay the bulk of his (reportedly) 40k a week wages.

My guess for the remainder of the window is Gallagher, Johnson (Shef Wed) and 1 other that we’ve not even been linked with yet.

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 12:58 - Jan 21 with 1558 viewsStewart27

Nixon suggesting we're still pushing for Gallagher.. on 11:06 - Jan 21 by textbackup

On the other hand sht because we are in desperate need of him to be here playing for us Monday night

With the way KM prepared and sets us up for games, I would say that any striker who wasn’t in this time last week would not be playing against Leicester and that he’s prepared for KJ up top.

I think maybe this is also why we are calm, as our next league game is after the window closes.
I think he's only (ha!) on.... on 13:01 - Jan 21 with 1524 viewsBloots

Moore's agent has been.... on 12:50 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

Don’t know why, but I just don’t see it with Moore. I can’t imagine for one minute Ashton will want to get involved in some sort of bidding/wage war for him, and if Bournemouth know they’ve got several teams after him they’ll hang on till the last minute to see who’s most desperate and will pay the bulk of his (reportedly) 40k a week wages.

My guess for the remainder of the window is Gallagher, Johnson (Shef Wed) and 1 other that we’ve not even been linked with yet.

...£18k a week.

Originally I was reasonably indifferent to the thought of him coming in, but I've warmed to it and would be quite keen now.

Maybe that's just desperation, but I think there's a lot more to his game than just being a target man and he's plainly vastly improved since we last saw him here.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I think he's only (ha!) on.... on 13:09 - Jan 21 with 1462 viewsKieran_Knows

I think he's only (ha!) on.... on 13:01 - Jan 21 by Bloots

...£18k a week.

Originally I was reasonably indifferent to the thought of him coming in, but I've warmed to it and would be quite keen now.

Maybe that's just desperation, but I think there's a lot more to his game than just being a target man and he's plainly vastly improved since we last saw him here.

Wouldn’t get out of bed for that!

No you’re right, I don’t think he’s a bad player and he’s had a bloody good career. Just don’t think he’s the ideal man to replace Hirst. When you look at someone like Gallagher, he seems a more carbon copy of Hirst, with an added bit of experience.

I’m not adverse to Moore signing though, and trust McKenna that if he feels he’s the man to get us up, then so be it! Interesting last 9/10 days left!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024