Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your team for Leicester 12:10 - Jan 20 with 6620 viewsGlasgowBlue

-------------------------Hladky------------------------

Clarke-----Tunazebe--------Edmundson-----Davis

Burns-------------Travis-------Ball----------Harness

-------------------------Chaplin------------------------

------------------------Jackson------------------------

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Your team for Leicester on 19:19 - Jan 20 with 1524 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your team for Leicester on 19:07 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

At the time we played them, everyone was concerned about how we'd fare away at an ex-PL side with the firepower that they have. We played our usual way and won well. I don't see the value in drastically changing our approach for Monday on the basis of the Leeds game where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Except we don’t have Sam Morsy in midfield or George Hirst up front. Two players whose absence dictates that we can’t play our usual game.

I even toyed with the idea of putting Walton in for Vas as in the absence of Morsy, and the quality of the opposition, I don’t think we have the options to play out from the back as fluently as usual.
[Post edited 20 Jan 19:21]

Iron Lion Zion

Your team for Leicester on 19:19 - Jan 20 with 1523 viewsitfcsuth

Hladky
Clarke - Woolfenden - Edmundson - Davis
Travis - Taylor
Burns - Chaplin - Sarmiento
Jackson
[Post edited 20 Jan 19:19]
Your team for Leicester on 19:24 - Jan 20 with 1498 viewsHerbivore

Your team for Leicester on 19:19 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

Except we don’t have Sam Morsy in midfield or George Hirst up front. Two players whose absence dictates that we can’t play our usual game.

I even toyed with the idea of putting Walton in for Vas as in the absence of Morsy, and the quality of the opposition, I don’t think we have the options to play out from the back as fluently as usual.

Do you not think it's a bit mad to make four or five changes to our current best XI when we're facing the best side in the league? I think you're really over thinking it. Unless Mass is back, the XI we played against Sunderland is our strongest XI with those available and that's the team we should play. If Mass is back he comes in for Taylor. Can't see the logic in making changes that essentially weaken us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Your team for Leicester on 19:29 - Jan 20 with 1485 viewspointofblue

Interestingly, Taylor started at Southampton. No Broadhead either; Hutchinson took his place on the left.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Your team for Leicester on 22:24 - Jan 20 with 1418 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your team for Leicester on 19:24 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

Do you not think it's a bit mad to make four or five changes to our current best XI when we're facing the best side in the league? I think you're really over thinking it. Unless Mass is back, the XI we played against Sunderland is our strongest XI with those available and that's the team we should play. If Mass is back he comes in for Taylor. Can't see the logic in making changes that essentially weaken us.

I don’t see the charges as weakening us.

Tuanzebe has more pace than Woolfenden and that will be needed against Leicester. That is the only change that could be argued as weakening us.

Ball for Taylor. We need a bit more bite in midfield, which Ball provides. We will also need to keep hold of the ball and Taylor doesn’t offer that. He is much better as an attacking option, which will be used in the latter stages of the game. If Luongonis fit then it’s a no brainer that he should start.

Harness for Broadhead. Bro ahead has been in poor form since coming back from the last international break. In the last few games he’s been pretty anonymous. Harness doesn’t posses Broahead’s skill but his work rate is unquestionable.
[Post edited 20 Jan 22:26]

Iron Lion Zion

Your team for Leicester on 22:26 - Jan 20 with 1401 viewspointofblue

Your team for Leicester on 22:24 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

Tuanzebe has more pace than Woolfenden and that will be needed against Leicester. That is the only change that could be argued as weakening us.

Ball for Taylor. We need a bit more bite in midfield, which Ball provides. We will also need to keep hold of the ball and Taylor doesn’t offer that. He is much better as an attacking option, which will be used in the latter stages of the game. If Luongonis fit then it’s a no brainer that he should start.

Harness for Broadhead. Bro ahead has been in poor form since coming back from the last international break. In the last few games he’s been pretty anonymous. Harness doesn’t posses Broahead’s skill but his work rate is unquestionable.

"Tuanzebe has more pace than Woolfenden and that will be needed against Leicester. That is the only change that could be argued as weakening us. "

How did his extra pace benefit us at Leeds?

"Harness for Broadhead."

If I'm replacing Broadhead, it'd be with Sarmiento.

Your team for Leicester on 22:53 - Jan 20 with 1368 viewsjayessess

Your team for Leicester on 22:26 - Jan 20 by pointofblue

"Tuanzebe has more pace than Woolfenden and that will be needed against Leicester. That is the only change that could be argued as weakening us. "

How did his extra pace benefit us at Leeds?

"Harness for Broadhead."

If I'm replacing Broadhead, it'd be with Sarmiento.

Gotta say, not sure how anyone could watch us against Leicester at Portman Road and against Leeds at Elland Road and conclude that Tuanzebe for Woolfenden makes us defensively better against elite attackers.

I'd say the 69 minutes between Leicester's goal and ours, where we conceded a total of 3 shots (2 from open play), whilst chasing the game, with both full backs attacking, with a high line, was probably the most impressive defensive performance of the whole campaign.
[Post edited 20 Jan 23:07]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Your team for Leicester on 23:00 - Jan 20 with 1353 viewspointofblue

Your team for Leicester on 22:53 - Jan 20 by jayessess

Gotta say, not sure how anyone could watch us against Leicester at Portman Road and against Leeds at Elland Road and conclude that Tuanzebe for Woolfenden makes us defensively better against elite attackers.

I'd say the 69 minutes between Leicester's goal and ours, where we conceded a total of 3 shots (2 from open play), whilst chasing the game, with both full backs attacking, with a high line, was probably the most impressive defensive performance of the whole campaign.
[Post edited 20 Jan 23:07]

Saying that, it does feel like a game where Tuanzebe may come in. All but one of his league starts have been away.

Login to get fewer ads

Your team for Leicester on 23:08 - Jan 20 with 1331 viewsjayessess

Your team for Leicester on 23:00 - Jan 20 by pointofblue

Saying that, it does feel like a game where Tuanzebe may come in. All but one of his league starts have been away.

Generally in 3-game weeks though, I think?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Your team for Leicester on 23:25 - Jan 20 with 1308 viewspointofblue

Your team for Leicester on 23:08 - Jan 20 by jayessess

Generally in 3-game weeks though, I think?

Yes, in all cases.

Your team for Leicester on 23:57 - Jan 20 with 1285 viewseddiespearitt03

My only concern are the defensive errors. If the mistakes are stopped we may have a chance of getting something out of the game.

I think we need to play Hutchinson from the start and give Leicester something to think about.
Your team for Leicester on 08:34 - Jan 21 with 1225 viewsHerbivore

Individually they are inferior players, collectively, making that many changes, bringing in three players who rarely start games, will weaken us. Ball won't help us to get up the pitch when we have the ball and whilst he holds his position well he is horribly slow. We will need players who can drive forward into space and get us on the front foot quickly and he can't do that. We won't get anything out of the game by picking a side focused solely on trying to limit their threat, it'll just invite pressure and they have too much quality to not break through eventually. We have to carry some threat ourselves and all of your changes blunt that threat. Plus Tuanzebe for Woolf is just madness given their respective performances against Leeds and Leicester last month. Woolf is bang in form right now, Tuanzebe very, very patchy still.
[Post edited 21 Jan 9:52]

Your team for Leicester on 08:54 - Jan 21 with 1206 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hello Mick McCarthy, welcome back!

Best form of defence is attack. Other than Leeds, that mantra has got us to second. If we try to change the way we play and go defensive against the top team we'll invite pressure on and get picked apart.

The only way we'll get something is to give them something to think about. It might not work... but your team would just be sitting ducks.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Your team for Leicester on 08:56 - Jan 21 with 1204 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We didn't have Morsy or Hirst against Sunderland. We still played our same game, and won.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Your team for Leicester on 21:04 - Jan 21 with 1123 viewsGlasgowBlue

Having thought about the Boxing Day game where Leicester overloaded the forward line and pulled Harry Clarke out of position (no fault on his part. Too many forwards and not enough defenders) I'm thinking we play a back three of Tuanzebe, Woolfenden and Edmundson, with Burns and Davis operating as wing backs.

Thoughts people?

Iron Lion Zion

Your team for Leicester on 21:14 - Jan 21 with 1113 viewspointofblue

Your team for Leicester on 21:04 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Having thought about the Boxing Day game where Leicester overloaded the forward line and pulled Harry Clarke out of position (no fault on his part. Too many forwards and not enough defenders) I'm thinking we play a back three of Tuanzebe, Woolfenden and Edmundson, with Burns and Davis operating as wing backs.

Thoughts people?

It wasn't about being overloaded. It was because Burgess moved forward where he didn't need to which dragged Woolfenden and Clarke across to cover.

My concern with a back three is it would leave the wings exposed.

Your team for Leicester on 21:15 - Jan 21 with 1108 viewsHerbivore

Thoughts people?

My thoughts are that changing from our regular shape and system for this match is not a good idea.

Your team for Leicester on 21:31 - Jan 21 with 1082 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Your team for Leicester on 23:57 - Jan 20 by eddiespearitt03

My only concern are the defensive errors. If the mistakes are stopped we may have a chance of getting something out of the game.

I think we need to play Hutchinson from the start and give Leicester something to think about.

I would favour Sarmiento over Hutchinson and use the latter off the bench.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Your team for Leicester on 21:34 - Jan 21 with 1076 viewsLankHenners

Thoughts people?

In one of the pre-/post- match interviews Edmundson referred to the set up of himself, Woolfenden and Tuanzebe as a back 3 which I found interesting. Actually think he might have said 'a new back 3' and when the players warm up they go through the defensive practice as a 3 with Davis and Burns then joining them, so I guess the players don't really think of themselves as playing in a back 4 anyway. We know McKenna doesn't stick numbers on it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Your team for Leicester on 21:37 - Jan 21 with 1060 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your team for Leicester on 21:15 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

My thoughts are that changing from our regular shape and system for this match is not a good idea.

McKenna used to change shape and formation depending on the opposition. Coventry got a result against Leeds by changing their shape and formation. Leeds got a result against Leicester by changing the shape and formation.

Good teams are flexible. Otherwise they become predictable and easily found out. Especially in the second half of a season.

Iron Lion Zion

Your team for Leicester on 21:47 - Jan 21 with 1040 viewsHerbivore

Your team for Leicester on 21:37 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

McKenna used to change shape and formation depending on the opposition. Coventry got a result against Leeds by changing their shape and formation. Leeds got a result against Leicester by changing the shape and formation.

Good teams are flexible. Otherwise they become predictable and easily found out. Especially in the second half of a season.

We are flexible but we're flexible from our base system and shape. Clarke drops in to make it a back three at times, at other times he pushes up to support the attack. Tuanzebe would only be able to do half that job.

Your team for Leicester on 23:03 - Jan 21 with 1004 viewsSwansea_Blue

Your team for Leicester on 19:19 - Jan 20 by itfcsuth

Hladky
Clarke - Woolfenden - Edmundson - Davis
Travis - Taylor
Burns - Chaplin - Sarmiento
Jackson
[Post edited 20 Jan 19:19]

Maybe. KM tends to be predictable, so I’d expect Broady to start but I have been wondering if Sarmiento may start getting a run. I’m not sure whether KM sees him as a first team or squad player.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Your team for Leicester on 06:33 - Jan 22 with 932 viewsClutch

Your team for Leicester on 17:48 - Jan 20 by Nutkins_Return

Hladky
Clarke Woolf Edmundson Davis
Travis Luongo
Burns Chaplin Broadhead
Jackson

Walton
Tuanzebe
Ball
Sarmiento
Hutchinson
Buabo
Harness
Humphreys
Taylor

If Luongo out then Taylor in and Aluko on bench

This team.
Your team for Leicester on 07:31 - Jan 22 with 918 viewschicoazul

Sarmiento will play. No chance on Ball starting IMVHO.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Your team for Leicester on 09:58 - Jan 22 with 859 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Woolf starts with Taylor instead of Ball. Harness only change from Sunderland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024