Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday 21:56 - Jan 16 with 2664 viewsRKD

A tad cocky for a club that has been ahead of us for about three hours this season.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/60302-other-games-2324/page/35/

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 22:10 - Jan 16 with 2528 viewsnorfsufblue

I'm sure KM is more analytical and measured but if he needs anything to stick up on the dressing room wall for motivation then that surely this do for a start!
Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 22:23 - Jan 16 with 2453 viewsquad

Hmmmm. some posters on here were saying GTFI when Coventry beat Leicester.

If we end up in the playoffs and Coventry beat us then they might not feel the same way. Even if we beat Leicester in our next game I would think our chances of catching them are still very slim.
Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 23:26 - Jan 16 with 2259 viewskizaitfc

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 22:23 - Jan 16 by quad

If we end up in the playoffs and Coventry beat us then they might not feel the same way. Even if we beat Leicester in our next game I would think our chances of catching them are still very slim.

I agree I don't think Leicester are catchable, but let's not criticize fans for being optimistic.

Most town fans thought Sheffield Wednesday were uncatchable last year and look what happened.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 23:56 - Jan 16 with 2179 viewsquad

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 23:26 - Jan 16 by kizaitfc

I agree I don't think Leicester are catchable, but let's not criticize fans for being optimistic.

Most town fans thought Sheffield Wednesday were uncatchable last year and look what happened.

I wasn't intending to criticize anyone. All I'm saying is that I think that the Saints fans on their forum are trying to be optimistic rather than cocky, which is pretty much the same as our fans on here.
Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 00:11 - Jan 17 with 2150 viewsgainsboroughblue

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 22:23 - Jan 16 by quad

You don't truly know whether another result is good or bad for you until May.

Some on here were wanting Sheff Weds to beat Barnsley last March. Had they got their wish, we'd have finished 3rd.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 03:57 - Jan 17 with 2000 viewsIPS_wich

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 23:56 - Jan 16 by quad

I wasn't intending to criticize anyone. All I'm saying is that I think that the Saints fans on their forum are trying to be optimistic rather than cocky, which is pretty much the same as our fans on here.

To be fair to the Saints fans - it's only really one poster who is being cocky/thinks they can overhaul Leicester - the rest of the fans disagree with them and for some reason this poster is arguing that the form table shows they are the best team in the league. It just happens that 60% of the recent posts in the thread are from this one poster.
Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 07:19 - Jan 17 with 1830 viewsCoastalblue

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 03:57 - Jan 17 by IPS_wich

To be fair to the Saints fans - it's only really one poster who is being cocky/thinks they can overhaul Leicester - the rest of the fans disagree with them and for some reason this poster is arguing that the form table shows they are the best team in the league. It just happens that 60% of the recent posts in the thread are from this one poster.

Dead right, there seems to be one on every forum doesn't there?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 07:54 - Jan 17 with 1725 viewsyorkshireblue

Wonder if these are the same Saints fans who wanted Martin sacked after just a handful of games earlier in the season as they weren't in the Top Two.
Login to get fewer ads

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 07:57 - Jan 17 with 1710 viewsHerbivore

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 03:57 - Jan 17 by IPS_wich

Every forum has its own [REDACTED].

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 08:03 - Jan 17 with 1690 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

You can kind of understand a bit of cockiness form Leicester fans given recent PL title wins and in the Cup.

But Southampton aren’t a bigger club than us, what have they ever done apart from spent more time in the PL. The delusion is strong, they must have been listening to Matt Le Tissier too much….
Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 08:21 - Jan 17 with 1630 viewstextbackup

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 08:03 - Jan 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

You can kind of understand a bit of cockiness form Leicester fans given recent PL title wins and in the Cup.

But Southampton aren’t a bigger club than us, what have they ever done apart from spent more time in the PL. The delusion is strong, they must have been listening to Matt Le Tissier too much….

Weird you speak of cockiness then post this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 09:19 - Jan 17 with 1498 viewsTractorCam

The thread really isn't that bad, just one loon claiming they're better than Leicester. Every forum has them I guess!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 09:35 - Jan 17 with 1424 viewsquad

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 00:11 - Jan 17 by gainsboroughblue

You don't truly know whether another result is good or bad for you until May.

Some on here were wanting Sheff Weds to beat Barnsley last March. Had they got their wish, we'd have finished 3rd.

Yes, and I will hold my hands up and admit that I was one of them who wanted Sheff Weds to beat Barnsley, I couldn't have got that more wrong, but at the time the points gap was so big I did not envisage Weds failing or us succeeding to that extent. They lost to Forest Green FFS.

I'm hoping I've learned my lesson, and that it's very dangerous to try and predict future results and how things are going to eventually pan out, as anything can happen. Leicester aren't necessarily as nailed on to win the league as some might suggest IMO, though obviously they probably will.
Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 13:36 - Jan 17 with 1205 viewsgainsboroughblue

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 09:35 - Jan 17 by quad

Yes, and I will hold my hands up and admit that I was one of them who wanted Sheff Weds to beat Barnsley, I couldn't have got that more wrong, but at the time the points gap was so big I did not envisage Weds failing or us succeeding to that extent. They lost to Forest Green FFS.

I'm hoping I've learned my lesson, and that it's very dangerous to try and predict future results and how things are going to eventually pan out, as anything can happen. Leicester aren't necessarily as nailed on to win the league as some might suggest IMO, though obviously they probably will.

I used that 'football web pages' site a week or so ago and they have a predicted or projected league table. They had Southampton finishing fifth behind WBA. That felt an absolutely bizarre prediction to me. We were still down as being 2nd.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 13:55 - Jan 17 with 1144 viewsCotty

I don't think anybody cares what fans say on football forums.
Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 14:53 - Jan 17 with 1011 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 13:55 - Jan 17 by Cotty

I don't think anybody cares what fans say on football forums.

I don't care that you think that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Some Saints fans wanting an Ipswich win next Monday on 15:02 - Jan 17 with 971 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

We could potentially have 6 points off of Leicester and Southampton over the next period. Even if ew just drew with both, assuming we still picked up a similar amount of points from the remaining fixtures as we have been we would normally be promoted. It all relies on us getting the Hirst replacement through the door. If we do not, then I can see us finishing 3rd/4th and then it's just a lottery.

We have 3/4 points from most the teams we have played so far:

Sunderland: 6points
Stoke: 4pts
QPR: 4pts
Leeds: 0
Cardiff: 3pts
Wednesday: 3pts
Southampton: 3pts
Blackburn: 3pts
Huddersfield: 1pt
Hull: 3pts
Preston: 3pts