Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards 18:08 - Jan 16 with 960 viewsYallop2

Just trying to get my head round the reasoning for ending his loan deal early to sign permanently for the same term.

Who has benefited? Edwards, us or Oxford?
Edwards on 18:10 - Jan 16 with 940 viewsgeg1992

Everyone imo

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Edwards on 18:10 - Jan 16 with 932 viewsFrimleyBlue

Financially us. Edwards and Oxford

Helps us with ffp
Helps edwards to be able to receive wages
Helps oxford trigger 1 year extention once season done.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Edwards on 18:12 - Jan 16 with 908 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Edwards on 18:10 - Jan 16 by geg1992

Everyone imo

Us, saved a few quid on his contract possibly also wages if Oxford weren't picking up the full whack.

Edwards, future sorted.

Oxford got the player they wanted

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Edwards on 18:29 - Jan 16 with 759 viewsVegtablue

The party it seems odd for financially is Edwards, unless the option for an extra year with Oxford rests with him. It allows him to remain with Oxford through his rehabilitation though, in case this was unclear beforehand. I can't see him earning the same or more than he was on here, but he may have earned brownie points with his future employer.

I've not kept track of the loan details, so perhaps it was also necessary for Oxford to be financially willing to keep him there for the season, given he was set to miss much of it: not sure if it was a season-long loan with mutual break clauses or a shorter deal even?
Edwards on 18:42 - Jan 16 with 658 viewsVegtablue

Edwards on 18:29 - Jan 16 by Vegtablue

The party it seems odd for financially is Edwards, unless the option for an extra year with Oxford rests with him. It allows him to remain with Oxford through his rehabilitation though, in case this was unclear beforehand. I can't see him earning the same or more than he was on here, but he may have earned brownie points with his future employer.

I've not kept track of the loan details, so perhaps it was also necessary for Oxford to be financially willing to keep him there for the season, given he was set to miss much of it: not sure if it was a season-long loan with mutual break clauses or a shorter deal even?

Ah, now caught up. He was rehabilitating at Oxford as an Ipswich player, on account of how well he'd settled there and our acceptance that he'd leave in the summer for free anyway. Oxford clearly weren't willing to pay Ipswich wages while he's injured, so he wouldn't have played again until next season.

Presumably, he's now accepted a pay cut in order to be part of Oxford's promotion push at the end. The contract being on reduced terms due to his injury would explain why it's only a short contract until the end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024