Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new Portman Road pitch 17:13 - Jan 14 with 1897 viewsBLUEBEAT

I assumed this hybrid pitch would be harder wearing but the stretch where the subs warm up (and inside of the line from their sprints) is fcked already. Worse than before, I’d say. Thanks Clegg.

Poll: W or W

The new Portman Road pitch on 17:16 - Jan 14 with 1821 viewsFrimleyBlue

It'll take a few years for it to reach its full potential. But also don't forget we still don't have the mass volume of lighting prem clubs do so whilst it's near perfect it's still fill of natural grass which we can't do much with other than look after it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The new Portman Road pitch on 17:33 - Jan 14 with 1669 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I don't think it's as bad as it was last season, but it has worn more than I expected. I did go to the Spurs ground recently though and it was a similar story. My thoughts are that it's just one of those things at this time of year. Hopefully gets better over time and doesn't deteriorate too much more before the end of the season.
[Post edited 14 Jan 17:34]

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

The new Portman Road pitch on 18:46 - Jan 14 with 1358 viewsDeano69

Still amuses me just how much we water it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

The new Portman Road pitch on 18:55 - Jan 14 with 1295 viewsbackwaywhen

The new Portman Road pitch on 18:46 - Jan 14 by Deano69

Still amuses me just how much we water it.

And lose our footing because of it lol.
The new Portman Road pitch on 18:57 - Jan 14 with 1283 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Better than the Hull one I saw TV, shared with the rugby club
The new Portman Road pitch on 18:59 - Jan 14 with 1266 viewsstonojnr

Just go watch any video of games from January in Towns history for the past 20 years and tell me the pitch is in a "bad state" compared to those, given how much rain & how little sun we've had for 3 months.

It's like a flippin snooker table, bowling green, cricket pitch, compared to what we used to have.
The new Portman Road pitch on 19:07 - Jan 14 with 1200 viewsDeano69

The new Portman Road pitch on 18:55 - Jan 14 by backwaywhen

And lose our footing because of it lol.

Ah, but it makes the ball move quicker!! Still think the soaking wet pitch was instrumental in Hirsts awkward slip.

No matter how much rain we have had or how cold thetemperatures are we see to soak it. Seems really excessive to me.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

The new Portman Road pitch on 19:11 - Jan 14 with 1153 viewsFrimleyBlue

The new Portman Road pitch on 19:07 - Jan 14 by Deano69

Ah, but it makes the ball move quicker!! Still think the soaking wet pitch was instrumental in Hirsts awkward slip.

No matter how much rain we have had or how cold thetemperatures are we see to soak it. Seems really excessive to me.

You have to. Not just the for the zip of the ball but the drainage is so next level you've got to drown that pitch for it to work. You also don't want any players sliding on dry areas of fake grass tips. Leg burn is horrid.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024