Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin's movement (or lack of) 20:44 - Jan 13 with 894 viewstractorboy1978

Is consistently so good. How many times do you see him just hold his position whilst the chaos ensues around him? He didn't move an inch for that header.
Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 20:46 - Jan 13 with 859 viewsMetal_Hacker

The bloke was another level second half

First half he seemed pretty much like he’d been for the last couple of matches , just things not quite coming off

Second half he was unplayable at times

Poll: If it were one or the other

Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 20:49 - Jan 13 with 814 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Agree completely.

Very clever, no point running into space when he has the knack of finding little pockets that everyone else has just left. Top Player.
Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 20:52 - Jan 13 with 769 viewsArnoldMoorhen

He didn't move an inch because it was an inch perfect delivery from Leif, who was robbed of another equally deserved assist by Woolfy's insistence on playing fair and hitting the post rather than rubbing Sunderland's noses in it by burying one of the easier finishes to present itself at Portman Road.

But I still love Chappers and see him as one of the most intelligent and aware forwards we have had in maybe 30 years in the Penalty Area.

Marcus Stewart, no question.
D.J. Campbell?
Darren Bent?

Edit for:

David Johnson II, without doubt.

Obviously Jordan Rhodes demonstrated it elsewhere, but didn't have the opportunities with us. And the same can be said of Jack Marriott, to a lesser extent.

Anyone else?
[Post edited 13 Jan 20:56]
Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 20:52 - Jan 13 with 763 viewsSchmoke

Charlie Turnbull (I think they've said that's who 'designs' the set pieces) certainly earns his money.

He always finds a way to hide CC in the box, it's very impressive.

Teams must know it's coming, which must make it infuriating when we score from one.
Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 20:58 - Jan 13 with 715 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 20:52 - Jan 13 by Schmoke

Charlie Turnbull (I think they've said that's who 'designs' the set pieces) certainly earns his money.

He always finds a way to hide CC in the box, it's very impressive.

Teams must know it's coming, which must make it infuriating when we score from one.

It must help with him being small. I mean that seriously. The big lads are often a distraction just to make the space for him. Nobody’s going to put a man on Chappers when you’ve got a bunch of six footers attacking the 6 yards box.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 21:17 - Jan 13 with 639 viewsGavTWTD

Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 20:49 - Jan 13 by Blue_In_Boston

Agree completely.

Very clever, no point running into space when he has the knack of finding little pockets that everyone else has just left. Top Player.

There was one moment where there was a high ball into the box.and he knew he wasn't going to get it so he ran backwards to create loads of space in front of him in case the defender screwed it up.

Love that he captained us today.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 21:19 - Jan 13 with 596 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Without a doubt, he is playing the best football of his career
Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 21:28 - Jan 13 with 521 viewsGarv

Chaplin's movement (or lack of) on 21:17 - Jan 13 by GavTWTD

There was one moment where there was a high ball into the box.and he knew he wasn't going to get it so he ran backwards to create loads of space in front of him in case the defender screwed it up.

Love that he captained us today.

Was that first half?

I saw the same passage, or a similar one. No way he was going to win the ball in the air, I saw it as him predicting where the defender was going to head it. Didn't come off but it's so clever.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024