Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best thing about the game for me... 21:04 - Jan 13 with 688 viewspointofblue

Our game management at 2-1. Controlled, patient, sensible - can't remember Sunderland having a real chance after Chaplin's header. Ball really helped on that score as well, and loved seeing him and Jackson putting in strong performances as they have been scrutinised recently.

Love the look of Sarmiento already. I don't think the Travis-Taylor combination really worked, but that's mainly because the latter struggled somewhat. Considering he was our biggest outlay in the summer, is it fair to say we need to see more? But, at the same time, he hasn't been given a consistent chance for understandable reasons.

Clarke struggled but grew into the game, as did Davis in an attacking sense - I think he was being safety first in the first half. Woolfenden was a good as ever, bar a couple of shaky moments in possession but the same could be said of Hladky! Burns had a good first half but faded ever so slightly in the second. It wasn't Broadhead's best performance, but the left side seemed to click into gear as the game went on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The best thing about the game for me... on 21:07 - Jan 13 with 645 viewsgainsboroughblue

I'm a natural worrier going into the last few minutes with a lead but Sunderland didn't worry me at all. If anything, it was a touch of overplaying from us that was more likely to let them in. We were solid as.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The best thing about the game for me... on 21:12 - Jan 13 with 593 viewsBarcaBlue

The best thing about the game for me... on 21:07 - Jan 13 by gainsboroughblue

I'm a natural worrier going into the last few minutes with a lead but Sunderland didn't worry me at all. If anything, it was a touch of overplaying from us that was more likely to let them in. We were solid as.

There was no sense of urgency either from Sunderland after our goal. They were a bit weak in the final third for most of the game but they seemed to accept defeat with 15 to go. We did play out the last few minutes really well though.
The best thing about the game for me... on 21:17 - Jan 13 with 544 viewsTrequartista

Fitness levels showed again, up to about 70 minutes the game was a draw. We were having more chances, but Sunderland missed the better ones. Then Sunderland just wilted and we dominated.

Taylor really looks to me like a good player playing in the wrong position. Some really nice touches, but gave the ball away too many times.

Clarke was probably our worst player in the first half, and best player in the second half. A complete transformation at half-time for him.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The best thing about the game for me... on 21:20 - Jan 13 with 519 viewsDBaldy

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, but to be fair to Taylor he's so much better going forward than as a defensive midfielder. He showed 1 or 2 moments later in the game when he drove forward with the ball what he can bring to the team so I don't think we're getting the best out of him yet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024