Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi 21:31 - Jan 11 with 2257 viewsorfordbuoy

Having watched Real Madrid and Barca get to the Copa Del Rey final - Saudi Arabians would not tolerate anything less - and the manner Atletico and Osasuna lost, both matches felt scripted. Both Atletico and Osasuna losing by one goal proceded to concede sloppy goals in the last minute to send their Saudi hosts home happy.

Has football really come to this?
[Post edited 11 Jan 21:31]
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 22:03 - Jan 11 with 1885 viewsbackwaywhen

It’s a funny ol game Saint ……
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 00:46 - Jan 12 with 1742 viewsMVBlue

My word I had never imagined or known about the Spanish cup being played in Saudi.

"The Spanish Super Cup will kickstart an incredible year-round schedule of international sports in Saudi Arabia that features football, motorsport, tennis, esports, combat sports, golf, and equestrian events all locked in for 2024."

And one knows that Messi chose USA over Saudi. He has his eyes open Good man !

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 05:48 - Jan 12 with 1674 viewsBarcaBlue

Real Madrid won 5-3. The fifth was a counter attack when the Atletico keeper went up for a corner in injury time. Barcelona beat Osasuna 2-0. I think you've made up a scenario that is tenuous at best. It's not the Copa del Rey but the Supercopa.

La Liga simply can't compete with the Premier League financially. The differences in income are huge. Playing in Saudi Arabia is completely wrong from a moral standpoint and a kick in the teeth for the fans but it's a global football problem, and this is just another sad example.

Having said that your opening paragraph is completely and factually incorrect.
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 07:25 - Jan 12 with 1551 viewsUSA

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 05:48 - Jan 12 by BarcaBlue

Real Madrid won 5-3. The fifth was a counter attack when the Atletico keeper went up for a corner in injury time. Barcelona beat Osasuna 2-0. I think you've made up a scenario that is tenuous at best. It's not the Copa del Rey but the Supercopa.

La Liga simply can't compete with the Premier League financially. The differences in income are huge. Playing in Saudi Arabia is completely wrong from a moral standpoint and a kick in the teeth for the fans but it's a global football problem, and this is just another sad example.

Orfordbuoy is a massive troll 🧌
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 07:54 - Jan 12 with 1495 viewsBarcaBlue

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 07:25 - Jan 12 by USA

I was too generous to the op in my reply, true. The premise that doubling a lead in injury time smacks of conspiracy is absurd, ridiculous and laughable.

For example in the Barça match the second goal didn't involve the referee or var so any conspiracy would have involved Osasuna players deliberately conceding - stopping them from going up the other end, scoring and taking the game into extra time.

A plan so cunning even Baldrick would have blushed.
[Post edited 12 Jan 8:43]
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 08:42 - Jan 12 with 1433 viewsorfordbuoy

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 05:48 - Jan 12 by BarcaBlue

Both matches finished in exactly rhe same manner - the losing sides conceding soft goals. Oblack's attempt to chase Brahim was laughable.

You cannot categorrically claim those matches were not fixed - both in term of results and the repeated ending.
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 08:44 - Jan 12 with 1419 viewsorfordbuoy

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 07:25 - Jan 12 by USA

Ok big guy - examples, evidence.
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 08:48 - Jan 12 with 1395 viewsgaryinavault

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 08:42 - Jan 12 by orfordbuoy

Both matches finished in exactly rhe same manner - the losing sides conceding soft goals. Oblack's attempt to chase Brahim was laughable.

You cannot categorrically claim those matches were not fixed - both in term of results and the repeated ending.

Unfortunately you cannot categorically claim the matches were fixed either. You are basing it on poor decisions from players. If those decisions were fixed, we may not ever know.
Login to get fewer ads

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 08:50 - Jan 12 with 1388 viewsBarcaBlue

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 08:42 - Jan 12 by orfordbuoy

You are deluded. Both Barça and Real were winning going into extra time.

Neither goal in injury time involved the referee or VAR so who was in on the conspiracy? The teams conceding???

The goals weren't even soft or sloppy. Atletico sent up their keeper for a corner and Barça's goal was a tidy pass and a tidy finish.

Even taking the absurdity out of the equation, both teams were winning deep into injury time, they didn't need another goal to qualify for the final.

Your premise is completely bonkers.
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:21 - Jan 12 with 1342 viewsorfordbuoy

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 08:50 - Jan 12 by BarcaBlue

You are deluded. Both Barça and Real were winning going into extra time.

Neither goal in injury time involved the referee or VAR so who was in on the conspiracy? The teams conceding???

The goals weren't even soft or sloppy. Atletico sent up their keeper for a corner and Barça's goal was a tidy pass and a tidy finish.

Even taking the absurdity out of the equation, both teams were winning deep into injury time, they didn't need another goal to qualify for the final.

Your premise is completely bonkers.

1st paragraph - I already stated that
2nd - you seem confused
3rd - very soft
4th - I already explained

But as a Barca fan you wouldn't be surprised right? You were caught paying a la liga ref millions - over decades. And as for Saudi Arabia and the football associations involved we know how corrupt they are.
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:24 - Jan 12 with 1329 viewsHerbivore

It's was the Super Cup, not the Copa del Rey. I think your tinfoil hat might have prevented you absorbing information properly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:26 - Jan 12 with 1315 viewsorfordbuoy

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:24 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

It's was the Super Cup, not the Copa del Rey. I think your tinfoil hat might have prevented you absorbing information properly.

Yes, that's already been stated.and is, anyway, irrelevant. Do try to keep up dear.
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:29 - Jan 12 with 1299 viewsJ2BLUE

Another classic example of it being easier to believe something you want to believe.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:32 - Jan 12 with 1289 viewsorfordbuoy

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:29 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

Another classic example of it being easier to believe something you want to believe.

possibly a coincidence, but taking everything in account - teams involved, host nation, football associations, the same last minute capitulation ending maybe not.

Did you watch both?
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:34 - Jan 12 with 1285 viewsBarcaBlue

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:21 - Jan 12 by orfordbuoy

2nd - you seem confused
3rd - very soft

But as a Barca fan you wouldn't be surprised right? You were caught paying a la liga ref millions - over decades. And as for Saudi Arabia and the football associations involved we know how corrupt they are.

Ignoring most of your nonsense for a moment. Where is the conspiracy, who gains from doubling a lead in injury time? Who was in on it?

And how can you be an Ipswich fan if you live in Orford?
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:36 - Jan 12 with 1274 viewsorfordbuoy

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:34 - Jan 12 by BarcaBlue

Ignoring most of your nonsense for a moment. Where is the conspiracy, who gains from doubling a lead in injury time? Who was in on it?

And how can you be an Ipswich fan if you live in Orford?

So Barca didn't get caught paying off a la liga ref for decades?

And as for your last paragraph what planet do live on, honesty?
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:52 - Jan 12 with 1223 viewsBiGDonnie

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:21 - Jan 12 by orfordbuoy

2nd - you seem confused
3rd - very soft

Cheers Dimley.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:05 - Jan 12 with 1183 viewsHerbivore

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 08:44 - Jan 12 by orfordbuoy

Ok big guy - examples, evidence.

Pretty much all of your posting.

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:08 - Jan 12 with 1172 viewsBarcaBlue

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 09:36 - Jan 12 by orfordbuoy

So Barca didn't get caught paying off a la liga ref for decades?

And as for your last paragraph what planet do live on, honesty?

So, tell me, what do the allegations of paying an official have to do with Madrid and Barça scoring injury time goals to double their lead? Who benefitted when they were already winning? Who was in on the conspiracy? Go on, tell us.

From your username I assumed you must be an Orford fan, rather than a Town fan or doesn't it work that way?
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:26 - Jan 12 with 1136 viewsorfordbuoy

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:08 - Jan 12 by BarcaBlue

So, tell me, what do the allegations of paying an official have to do with Madrid and Barça scoring injury time goals to double their lead? Who benefitted when they were already winning? Who was in on the conspiracy? Go on, tell us.

From your username I assumed you must be an Orford fan, rather than a Town fan or doesn't it work that way?

As you support an incredibly corrupt side I guess you have become accustomed to these type of matches - I mean why else would Barca pay a la liga ref millions of Euros over a couple of decades?

As I already stated 2 last minute capitulation goals sent the hosts home happy. But it's not for me to explain/justify.

Your last paragraph makes no sense.

Still, you've managed to get a few of the older numpties crawling out of the woodwork with your posts, so at least you achieved that.
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:27 - Jan 12 with 1131 viewsHerbivore

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:26 - Jan 12 by orfordbuoy

As you support an incredibly corrupt side I guess you have become accustomed to these type of matches - I mean why else would Barca pay a la liga ref millions of Euros over a couple of decades?

As I already stated 2 last minute capitulation goals sent the hosts home happy. But it's not for me to explain/justify.

Still, you've managed to get a few of the older numpties crawling out of the woodwork with your posts, so at least you achieved that.

It kind of is for you to justify and explain, given you're the one alleging a conspiracy.

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:28 - Jan 12 with 1128 viewsorfordbuoy

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:27 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

It kind of is for you to justify and explain, given you're the one alleging a conspiracy.

speaking of older numpties
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:33 - Jan 12 with 1110 viewsBarcaBlue

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:26 - Jan 12 by orfordbuoy

Ahhhh...so the hosts demanded a two goal lead or they wouldn't be happy? One was not enough for them? That would have made them sad. Yep, that explains it!
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:35 - Jan 12 with 1104 viewsorfordbuoy

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:33 - Jan 12 by BarcaBlue

Ahhhh...so the hosts demanded a two goal lead or they wouldn't be happy? One was not enough for them? That would have made them sad. Yep, that explains it!

?
The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 11:05 - Jan 12 with 1051 viewsVegtablue

The orchestration of football: Madrid and Barca in Saudi on 10:35 - Jan 12 by orfordbuoy

?

Why was there urgency to commit players forwards for an equaliser if the intended outcome had already been achieved? It's an unnecessary risk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024