Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
System 11:54 - Jan 11 with 1449 viewsTMWWNGAS

Will we see a system change now Hirst is out and we may have to play the waiting game for the right fit player?

What would yours be? Assuming everyone is fit/available except Hirst

................Hladky...............
....... Wolfie.. Tuanz.. Burgess......
Williams /burns......................................Davis
....................Morsy...............
........luongo...............Harness
......................Chaplin............
.................Broadhead.............

No right or wrongs just intrigued if maybe the last few weeks KM may tweak the system rather than look for a Hirst replacement (until the dominoes fall into place)
[Post edited 11 Jan 11:59]
System on 12:00 - Jan 11 with 1401 viewsBloomBlue

Nothing wrong with no out & out No.9, Spain won the EUROs and World Cup without a traditional No.9
System on 12:03 - Jan 11 with 1389 viewshomer_123

System on 12:00 - Jan 11 by BloomBlue

Nothing wrong with no out & out No.9, Spain won the EUROs and World Cup without a traditional No.9

I love us and and I love the way we play and I think we are superb at what we do. With the best will in the world, I'm not sure we are at 'that' standard though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

System on 12:20 - Jan 11 with 1313 viewsGuthrum

System on 12:03 - Jan 11 by homer_123

I love us and and I love the way we play and I think we are superb at what we do. With the best will in the world, I'm not sure we are at 'that' standard though.

But neither are our opponents.

The crucial thing is we need someone who can put the ball in the net consistently. Chaplin is not getting the free space which has allowed him to do that so often. Broadhead's radar has been off a bit. Burns always needs a couple of sighters.

Town are still creating chances, but the ability to put them away has dropped off a little. I'm not sure that's solely down to Hirst's absence, either. More teams being committed to the defence (we've conceded just two goals since he went off injured, one of those a penalty).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

System on 12:24 - Jan 11 with 1283 viewsGeoffSentence

System on 12:03 - Jan 11 by homer_123

You don't believe that we are up to the Spain world cup winning team?

Get thee gone doomsayer, there's no room for such negativity here.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

System on 12:25 - Jan 11 with 1267 viewsFreddies_Ears

Agreed, though I would be tempted to put Chappers up front. It would mean having to play to feet more, but he has played there before.

I doubt KMc has spent a week trying to get Broadhead to play like Hirst, so am expecting the unexpected!
System on 12:34 - Jan 11 with 1220 viewstonybied

System on 12:25 - Jan 11 by Freddies_Ears

Agreed, though I would be tempted to put Chappers up front. It would mean having to play to feet more, but he has played there before.

I doubt KMc has spent a week trying to get Broadhead to play like Hirst, so am expecting the unexpected!

Broadhead has played there before too. I believe he spent most of his time at Sunderland playing as a No. 9. I'd rather have Broady there with the extra height he brings, keeping Chappers in his more favoured and most effective role. I think the addition of Sarmiento plays more to this too as I think he'll be a better fit in Broadheads No. 10 role.
System on 19:17 - Jan 11 with 946 viewsBLUEBEAT

System on 12:34 - Jan 11 by tonybied

Broadhead has played there before too. I believe he spent most of his time at Sunderland playing as a No. 9. I'd rather have Broady there with the extra height he brings, keeping Chappers in his more favoured and most effective role. I think the addition of Sarmiento plays more to this too as I think he'll be a better fit in Broadheads No. 10 role.

Is that right?

Broadhead has a lot of experience as a No.9?

That makes me feel a bit better.

Poll: W or W

System on 10:48 - Jan 12 with 646 viewsBlueForYou

I'm sure when Broadhead has played up front at previous clubs, it was with a strike partner as a two. Would the new guy, Sarmiento, be able to play up front as the lone striker?
Login to get fewer ads

System on 11:34 - Jan 12 with 586 viewsfranz_tyson

Stick with system and don't try too many things new. I'd go for Jackson up front and try and take advantage of his workrate in the channels won't win in any balls in the air, but neither will Broadhead or Chaplin. Those two are best put in their no 10 roles. Less disruption the better. Don't like the idea of Broadhead as a 9 as he's rather delicate and we don't need him doing the carthorse thing and him breaking down.
System on 12:07 - Jan 12 with 542 viewsnodge_blue

I mentioned Broadhead as a number 9. I think its worth a go. I honestly dont see Jackson or Ladapo getting us through this spell.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

System on 12:15 - Jan 12 with 520 viewsVegtablue

System on 11:34 - Jan 12 by franz_tyson

Stick with system and don't try too many things new. I'd go for Jackson up front and try and take advantage of his workrate in the channels won't win in any balls in the air, but neither will Broadhead or Chaplin. Those two are best put in their no 10 roles. Less disruption the better. Don't like the idea of Broadhead as a 9 as he's rather delicate and we don't need him doing the carthorse thing and him breaking down.

Very good point Franz. Broadhead isn't fast, strong, big or robust (compared to the average Championship footballer). I'm confident it will be Jackson and we won't change system. I liked the idea of Broadhead because it lets us get another high-level Championship player in the side, but it's shoehorning him into a role he's unsuited to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024