Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? 11:23 - Jan 10 with 2277 viewsbaxterbasics

I'm seeing rumours from Sky Sports for example that some PL clubs are chasing Che Adams from Southampton. Maybe them and Leeds are vulnerable to losing a couple which might be just as useful to us as strengthening our squad.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 11:27 - Jan 10 with 2218 viewsSomethingBlue

Just can't see that happening – both clubs are four months from a very possible promotion and would quite fancy themselves to push on ahead of other lower/mid-sized PL sides after doing so. It's no time to start selling people off and I think most players would see it that way too.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 11:29 - Jan 10 with 2187 viewsbaxterbasics

Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 11:27 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

Just can't see that happening – both clubs are four months from a very possible promotion and would quite fancy themselves to push on ahead of other lower/mid-sized PL sides after doing so. It's no time to start selling people off and I think most players would see it that way too.

Yes even if their finances are shaky it's not worth it if PL in 6 months is a realistic prospect.

Guess the only way it might is if a player wants to leave for some reason.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 11:35 - Jan 10 with 2130 viewsportmanking

Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 11:27 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

Che Adams' contract expires in the summer, no? Saints will want to get some value for him surely?
Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 11:46 - Jan 10 with 2058 viewsParmigiano

I think this is entirely possible.

So many prem teams have injury crises right now that their hands may be forced. For example, out of no where West Ham are looking at Jack Clarke now that Paqueta and Bowen have joined Antonio on the injury list.
Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 11:55 - Jan 10 with 1961 viewscbower

Maybe but we are equally vulnerable say for Davis aren't we?

bluescouser

Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 12:24 - Jan 10 with 1782 viewsReus30

Che Adams is just pants.

Those that got relegated don't need to sell and if they do, stronger reinforcements will come.
Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 13:31 - Jan 10 with 1502 viewsStu_boy

I dont see anyone of any note leaving saints, Leeds or Leicester to sufficiently weaken them. If they did though they would have some serious financial clout to go and replace them sufficiently. However, be interesting if NCFC lost either Rowe or Sara as they wouldn't necessarily have that financial power and will slowly drift from participants in the championship to Swansea city kind of level
Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 05:23 - Jan 11 with 1032 viewsX0Y0

At the beginning of December I thought Kyle Walker-Peters may leave Southampton, but this assumed they were still 10 points off the automatic spots and 4th in the table. I would guess that's much less likely now (if it ever was).
Login to get fewer ads

Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 07:51 - Jan 11 with 820 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Ten years ago, you got relegated from the PL and all your players left (so they didn’t have to play in the Championship). Certainly didn’t have the type of quality Leicester and Leeds have with okayers worth 10’s of millions each. Not sure what changed, assume it was the increased parachute payments meaning relegated clubs didn’t need an immediate fire sale. Whilst it’s probably removed that cliff edge on relegation, it’s made the Championship less competitive than it used to be, and probably led to more financial gambling from non-parachute payment teams trying to compete.
Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 08:49 - Jan 11 with 692 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it wishful thinking hoping some key players get poached from our rivals? on 07:51 - Jan 11 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Ten years ago, you got relegated from the PL and all your players left (so they didn’t have to play in the Championship). Certainly didn’t have the type of quality Leicester and Leeds have with okayers worth 10’s of millions each. Not sure what changed, assume it was the increased parachute payments meaning relegated clubs didn’t need an immediate fire sale. Whilst it’s probably removed that cliff edge on relegation, it’s made the Championship less competitive than it used to be, and probably led to more financial gambling from non-parachute payment teams trying to compete.

It's just wrong imo that even if you sell 2 players for £30 mill each upon relegation, it doesn't even effect your parachute payments.... It should imo be deducted immediately from the parachute fund so that you're not able to just carry on as normal. To some clubs, relegation from the prem ends up a reward in itself which any relegation should not be.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024