Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is extremely interesting to me 09:53 - Jan 7 with 2432 viewschicoazul

School absences: Boost sport to get pupils back in class - report https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-67893387

The real headline is the one they didn’t use - 1 in 5 children are persistently absent from school, meaning they kiss one day a fortnight at least.
Obsessed as I am with the short term future of this country o can’t decide if this is a bad thing or maybe a good one? Are these kids being home schooled, working with their family, learning a trade? Or are they instead dossing about. I see plenty of school age children in Greggs and Costa during school hours.
Any insight from TWTDers who have experienced this?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is extremely interesting to me on 10:04 - Jan 8 with 309 viewsgiant_stow

I have no facts to back this up but I suspect Covid and school closures (to most kids) during it is the cause of alot of this. It taught kids that school wasn't compulsory after all - an important rule lost.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This is extremely interesting to me on 10:05 - Jan 8 with 301 viewsDubtractor

This is extremely interesting to me on 10:01 - Jan 8 by lowhouseblue

definitely there will be cases just as you describe where mental health difficulties make school attendance impossible. but that is very much a minority of cases and it doesn't explain the current national 20% of absences. in most cases school is the essential place for kids to be. that's true even amongst autistic kids - though clearly not where the issues make school impossible. alas, the national 20% figure doesn't come from parents who are striving to give their kids an education.

That's a much more constructive way of saying it than my piss poor effort yesterday!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is extremely interesting to me on 07:37 - Jan 11 with 181 viewschicoazul

Friends thank you for all your insight into this. I find this topic very interesting and I’m all of a tizz about what it means for all our futures when nearly 25% of kids simply aren’t going to school.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024