Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers 04:14 - Jan 7 with 3055 viewsFrankMarshall

No rumours or links to us about any of the players below but thoughts on these strikers (they are all within our price range and wage)?

Matija Frigan
Amahl Pellegrino
Ali Al-Hamadi
Marcus ingvartsen

Do any of them have the quality to step into that striker role right now? Feel Matija Frigan is the most like Hirst in terms of play though he is left footed. I've seen each of them play to varying degrees over the years and have been impressed. Know Ali Al-Hamadi is presently being linked to a number of Championship clubs.

Frank Marshall

Strikers on 07:59 - Jan 7 with 2865 viewsLeoMuff

Looks like Sunderland and Rangers were in for Frigan over the summer can’t see us being interested if rumoured to cost £3-5m.
Pelegríno is 33 so very unlikely, Invartson looks interesting could be a reasonably priced punt, but we need someone who scores or has scores goals in the champ as our no1 if we are getting promoted.
[Post edited 7 Jan 8:14]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Strikers on 08:04 - Jan 7 with 2834 viewsPenzanceblue

FLW said Carvalho this morning. Cant see that one TBH and isn't he a midfielder
Strikers on 08:17 - Jan 7 with 2759 views_clive_baker_

Not for me Clive. I think given where we’re at in the league right now we need someone somewhat proven in the Championship who knows the division. I don’t think the priority need be as long term with this one, but someone to add a lot of value in weeks 1 - 20.

Maybe we’ll bring 2 in and one will be more of a long term view, but the priority at the moment isn’t that one for me. Al-Hamadi will get his chance at a higher level I’m sure, but I’m not sold on him yet. Physically he’s impressive, but as yet he’s scored a handful of goals in league 2. A bit Gassan Ahadme vibes with him, albeit at a lower level. Wouldn’t be averse to someone of that profile but not as the guy to fire us up this season.

It’s tough though, good, proven championship forwards who will fit into our system are like hens teeth.
Strikers on 15:37 - Jan 7 with 2103 viewsitfcbam

Should know by now how KM and MA go about their business. As it should be, quietly methodically and most of all the 1st the majority of people know about it is when it actually happens. So many rumours fly about which nearly always aren't true. Would not be surprised to see striker not being Stansfield.
Strikers on 15:45 - Jan 7 with 2049 viewsgtsb1966

Ask the mole Frank.
Strikers on 18:02 - Jan 7 with 1763 viewsMK1

None of the above.
Strikers on 18:49 - Jan 7 with 1599 viewsgosblue

We need to get Freddie firing then we can spend more on one striker rather than having to buy/loan two.
Strikers on 19:06 - Jan 25 with 656 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Looks like one of that list could be correct.
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers on 19:27 - Jan 25 with 507 viewsSwansea_Blue

Strikers on 07:59 - Jan 7 by LeoMuff

Looks like Sunderland and Rangers were in for Frigan over the summer can’t see us being interested if rumoured to cost £3-5m.
Pelegríno is 33 so very unlikely, Invartson looks interesting could be a reasonably priced punt, but we need someone who scores or has scores goals in the champ as our no1 if we are getting promoted.
[Post edited 7 Jan 8:14]

A Championship goal scoring record isn’t a prerequisite, imo. Hirst hadn’t scored in this league before this season and we were doing ok with him until he got injured. Whoever comes in, it’s probably more of an issue that they’ll need to get used to the way we play and they may well have to get match fit if they’ve not been playing much this season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Strikers on 19:31 - Jan 25 with 476 viewsNthQldITFC

Strikers on 19:27 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

A Championship goal scoring record isn’t a prerequisite, imo. Hirst hadn’t scored in this league before this season and we were doing ok with him until he got injured. Whoever comes in, it’s probably more of an issue that they’ll need to get used to the way we play and they may well have to get match fit if they’ve not been playing much this season.

Prexactly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024