Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Szmodics 23:25 - Jan 6 with 5636 viewsCityBlue

Do we go all out for this guy?

I T I D

Szmodics on 23:28 - Jan 6 with 4460 viewsFrimleyBlue

Don't think we stand a chance

Financially, its either a young prem loan
Or a punt on a lower league striker

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Szmodics on 23:28 - Jan 6 with 4475 viewstonybied

No, we need a forward not a midfielder.
Szmodics on 23:32 - Jan 6 with 4426 viewspointofblue

Doesn't he hate us?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Szmodics on 23:32 - Jan 6 with 4425 viewsChurchman

No, the club has its recruitment plans. No panic. Stick to them. If he’s on the plan and wants to play for us at the right price great. He’s a good player. If not, see you later.

There are a lot of players out there.
Szmodics on 23:35 - Jan 6 with 4405 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Broadhead going up top innit.

Poll: Is Billm….

Szmodics on 23:36 - Jan 6 with 4388 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Nope:-

- will be £10m+
- little window for resale given his age
- already stacked with attacking midfielders
Szmodics on 23:44 - Jan 6 with 4320 viewsPilgrimblue

Szmodics on 23:36 - Jan 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Nope:-

- will be £10m+
- little window for resale given his age
- already stacked with attacking midfielders

He’d be out of our range probably should have got him a while ago. Still hoping Fulham will oblige
Szmodics on 00:01 - Jan 7 with 4228 viewsitfc1108

Szmodics on 23:28 - Jan 6 by FrimleyBlue

Don't think we stand a chance

Financially, its either a young prem loan
Or a punt on a lower league striker

Maybe we will get one of each.
Login to get fewer ads

Szmodics on 06:27 - Jan 7 with 3922 viewsSitfcB

Signed a new deal a couple of months ago, imagine that’ll have a hefty release clause in. People need to stop suggesting him

We should’ve signed him when he left Colchester.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Szmodics on 07:55 - Jan 7 with 3767 viewsLeoMuff

Nobody outside the premier league or without parachute payments is buying the top scorer in the championship.
Also see Morgan Whittaker.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Szmodics on 07:57 - Jan 7 with 3739 viewsHerbivore

No. As others have stated, he is likely to be out of our price range, he's at an age where there's no chance of turning a profit or even recouping any fee paid, and he doesn't play in a role where we particularly need strengthening.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Szmodics on 10:14 - Jan 7 with 3365 viewsstrikalite

Szmodics on 06:27 - Jan 7 by SitfcB

Signed a new deal a couple of months ago, imagine that’ll have a hefty release clause in. People need to stop suggesting him

I bet Bristol City are still kicking themselves, never got a chance there, when he scored two against us in the 1-4 Posh win he was only on loan, that's when we should have stepped in, I'd have had Mat Godden too from Posh as it happens, good little player..
Szmodics on 12:22 - Jan 7 with 3110 viewsOldFart71

I think we are playing a waiting game as many clubs will look to release and bring players in. Maybe we have already bid on someone and his club need to secure a replacement first ?
Szmodics on 14:13 - Jan 7 with 2869 viewsHerbivore

Szmodics on 10:14 - Jan 7 by strikalite

I bet Bristol City are still kicking themselves, never got a chance there, when he scored two against us in the 1-4 Posh win he was only on loan, that's when we should have stepped in, I'd have had Mat Godden too from Posh as it happens, good little player..

Hasn't Godden been at Coventry for a few years now or are there two Matty Goddens? He's 32 and probably lacks the size we need from a striker but he's a decent player.

Szmodics on 14:19 - Jan 7 with 2829 viewsPenzanceblue

Szmodics on 14:13 - Jan 7 by Herbivore

Hasn't Godden been at Coventry for a few years now or are there two Matty Goddens? He's 32 and probably lacks the size we need from a striker but he's a decent player.

Think we were linked with Godden by one journo in the summer wernt we? Perhaps Phil can confirm
Szmodics on 14:42 - Jan 7 with 2691 viewscressi

Szmodics on 14:19 - Jan 7 by Penzanceblue

Think we were linked with Godden by one journo in the summer wernt we? Perhaps Phil can confirm

His not a centre forward il get ridiculed but Bishop at Portsmouth fits better in the Hirst role.
Szmodics on 14:44 - Jan 7 with 2676 viewsPenzanceblue

Szmodics on 14:42 - Jan 7 by cressi

His not a centre forward il get ridiculed but Bishop at Portsmouth fits better in the Hirst role.

I wasn't suggesting him and not interested in him. Just saying (after the other posts) wernt we linked with him in the summer
Szmodics on 14:50 - Jan 7 with 2618 viewsHerbivore

Szmodics on 14:42 - Jan 7 by cressi

Godden is very much a centre forward, which is who he was talking about. Szmodics isn't a centre forward though. Bishop doesn't excite me, would cost a lot for a player who may already be playing at his ceiling with no real resale value.
[Post edited 7 Jan 14:53]

Szmodics on 15:01 - Jan 7 with 2553 viewsstrikalite

Szmodics on 14:13 - Jan 7 by Herbivore

Yep at Cov now, yeah agree he's not the biggest and 32 but create and he can finish..
Szmodics on 15:03 - Jan 7 with 2540 viewsHerbivore

Szmodics on 15:01 - Jan 7 by strikalite

Yep at Cov now, yeah agree he's not the biggest and 32 but create and he can finish..

Scored a couple of good goals yesterday to be fair. He's a player I like, just not sure he's quite what we need or fits the profile of the kind of player we tend to go for.

Szmodics on 15:03 - Jan 7 with 2539 viewscressi

Szmodics on 14:50 - Jan 7 by Herbivore

Godden is very much a centre forward, which is who he was talking about. Szmodics isn't a centre forward though. Bishop doesn't excite me, would cost a lot for a player who may already be playing at his ceiling with no real resale value.
[Post edited 7 Jan 14:53]

The value is getting promoted and his goals to get us over the line like Ladapo last season a lot of players here who sad to say won't compete the final journey to the promised land.
Szmodics on 15:12 - Jan 7 with 2472 viewsHerbivore

Szmodics on 15:03 - Jan 7 by cressi

The value is getting promoted and his goals to get us over the line like Ladapo last season a lot of players here who sad to say won't compete the final journey to the promised land.

But Bishop is completely unproven beyond League 1 level and his record at that level over the past couple of seasons is not dissimilar to Ladapo's record last season with us. What makes you think he's the one to fire us to promotion?

Szmodics on 15:28 - Jan 7 with 2424 viewsWickets

Szmodics on 23:35 - Jan 6 by John_Warks_Willy

Broadhead going up top innit.

Trouble with us forced into that it does weaken us as Broady is great as a number 10 but in no way good at playing with his back to goal . Having a big strong central striker is important to the way we play .
Szmodics on 15:33 - Jan 7 with 2392 viewsPhilTWTD

Szmodics on 06:27 - Jan 7 by SitfcB

I know we have been keen on him previously, although I don't think the interest went very far, and I think Blackburn were up against it to get him to sign a new deal, so the terms he would be available on may well be more favourable than that. But I'm not sure he's what we need at the moment.
Szmodics on 15:38 - Jan 7 with 2337 viewsKieran_Knows

Szmodics on 15:12 - Jan 7 by Herbivore

But Bishop is completely unproven beyond League 1 level and his record at that level over the past couple of seasons is not dissimilar to Ladapo's record last season with us. What makes you think he's the one to fire us to promotion?

McKenna felt he could step up in the summer otherwise we wouldn’t have had 2 offers turned down for him.

Although I appreciate our start to the season may have changed our targets etc.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024