Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done on the scoop, Phil. 15:43 - Jan 5 with 2921 viewsSitfcB

Bit of housekeeping for you all…

He’s number 28.

Doesn’t look like he’ll be involved tomorrow, says in the article from ITFC he’ll join up with his new team mates from next week.
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:43]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:45 - Jan 5 with 2323 viewschicoazul

5 loans in the team next league game?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:50 - Jan 5 with 2249 viewsJon_456

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:45 - Jan 5 by chicoazul

Burnley had 6 players on season long loans last year, didn’t seem to do them any harm..
Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:51 - Jan 5 with 2240 viewskizaitfc

I'd expect one more loan and a permanent signing to come.

Probably both be strikers!

Then we may wait and see if any improvement can be made in the CB areas, a CB that can cover at LB would be ideal.

Given our current restrictions under FFP dont think we should expect anything extraordinary.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:52 - Jan 5 with 2233 viewsPhilTWTD

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:51 - Jan 5 by kizaitfc

I'd expect one more loan and a permanent signing to come.

Probably both be strikers!

Then we may wait and see if any improvement can be made in the CB areas, a CB that can cover at LB would be ideal.

Given our current restrictions under FFP dont think we should expect anything extraordinary.

Me too. Kieran did outline the thinking behind loans and why he's more open to them now than last season a few weeks ago.

McKenna: This Will Be an Important Window 21st Dec 2023 15:38
Town boss Kieran McKenna has spoken about the club’s plans for the January transfer window. 9

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:52 - Jan 5 with 2207 viewsBiGDonnie

You're proper pushing Dimley for that number one goon spot ain't ya.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:57 - Jan 5 with 2145 viewskizaitfc

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:50 - Jan 5 by Jon_456

Burnley had 6 players on season long loans last year, didn’t seem to do them any harm..

Exactly this, most teams in the championship have 2 attacking players that are loans, we may well end up with three but that is mainly down to unfortunate injury to Hirst.

I think with the likes of Williams and now Travis these were loans with a view to potentially buy, I dont think Williams has done enough considering the wages he would probably demand. But I do hope Travis will come good over the coming months and we will make his move permanent in the summer. If not bar some wages nothing lost.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:27 - Jan 5 with 1977 viewsVaughan8

I'm sure you could go back to July this year and ther wwould be plenty of people saying "not loans".

However, prsonally never had any issue with loans as long they improved the squad (i.e. Fraser, Lawrence years ago).

Its when you get loans for the sake of it, who nare no better than our own players, it seems a bit counter productive.

We are under a very good regime at the moment so I trust their recruitment. They haven't got many wrong.
Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:29 - Jan 5 with 1957 viewschicoazul

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:52 - Jan 5 by BiGDonnie

You're proper pushing Dimley for that number one goon spot ain't ya.

I’m just saying. Time is a flat circle.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:36 - Jan 5 with 1913 viewsIllinoisblue

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:52 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

Me too. Kieran did outline the thinking behind loans and why he's more open to them now than last season a few weeks ago.

Town boss Kieran McKenna has spoken about the club’s plans for the January transfer window. 9

Exactly. And with 20 games remaining we are very firmly in means justifying the end territory.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:46 - Jan 5 with 1857 viewschicoazul

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:36 - Jan 5 by Illinoisblue

Exactly. And with 20 games remaining we are very firmly in means justifying the end territory.

Are we though? It was our own players who got us to this point largely. If we do go up with for eg 4 key loans and can’t afford to buy those players we’ll probably just bounce back down again.

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:47 - Jan 5 with 1840 viewsParky

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 15:52 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

Are we in the running for Kieffer Moore, Phil?
Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:49 - Jan 5 with 1829 viewsIllinoisblue

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:46 - Jan 5 by chicoazul

Are we though? It was our own players who got us to this point largely. If we do go up with for eg 4 key loans and can’t afford to buy those players we’ll probably just bounce back down again.

You’re framing going up as a problem.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:51 - Jan 5 with 1815 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

I mean, it's sh!t, but you have tried really, really hard.
Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:53 - Jan 5 with 1773 viewsHerbivore

Our own players managed 100+ points form over the first half of the season. I don't think we need to worry too much, the loans are here to add some quality and depth to the squad.
[Post edited 5 Jan 16:54]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:59 - Jan 5 with 1717 viewschicoazul

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 16:49 - Jan 5 by Illinoisblue

You’re framing going up as a problem.

Well it will be won’t it. A good problem to have.

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:00 - Jan 5 with 1710 viewshomer_123

You suggesting we couldn't afford Travis?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:04 - Jan 5 with 1678 viewsNutkins_Return

Hirst was pretty essential to us going up. I'd argue without Hirst we may well have been 3 points worse off. So that argument takes care of itself.

For the others if we go up:

- Travis we could easily buy
- Williams we could easily buy/take free
- Sarmiento - option to take for a further 12 months (suspect we could buy if needed).
- Hutchinson - suspect we could buy. Can't see him getting much game time at Chelsea. Almost certainly another season long loan.

So can't see the issue with these.
Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:04 - Jan 5 with 1677 viewsPhilTWTD

Being totally realistic, bearing in mind most of our squad were playing in League One last season, we'll have to do an awful lot of strengthening in the summer anyway if we go up.

As Kieran says, we're limited by FFP in what we can do and we can attract better players from the loan market - more the Sarmiento model than Travis - than we might be able to afford if we were getting them permanently.
Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:12 - Jan 5 with 1616 viewsITFCBlues

And we will have 100m in the bank and 50m parachute payments - boohoo

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:21 - Jan 5 with 1576 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

It also ensures that we can offload and maintain our budget if we fail to achieve promotion.
Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:28 - Jan 5 with 1532 viewsChurchman

Hirst was a loanee this time last year. Luongo was here for the remainder of the season.

Personally I neither like or approve of the loan system but it exists, so we may as well try and use it to our advantage.
Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:36 - Jan 5 with 1489 viewsgiant_stow

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:12 - Jan 5 by ITFCBlues

And we will have 100m in the bank and 50m parachute payments - boohoo

Alot of that of that will go on player contract bonus innit? Then you'll have to pay the new signings proper prem money - maybe leaves £20-£30m to spend? That'll buy you Josh Sargent.

Edit: not that I'm bitter!

Edit 2: or jealous.

Edit 3: honest.
[Post edited 5 Jan 17:37]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:59 - Jan 5 with 1395 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:36 - Jan 5 by giant_stow

Alot of that of that will go on player contract bonus innit? Then you'll have to pay the new signings proper prem money - maybe leaves £20-£30m to spend? That'll buy you Josh Sargent.

Edit: not that I'm bitter!

Edit 2: or jealous.

Edit 3: honest.
[Post edited 5 Jan 17:37]

I suspect there will be a bit more wriggle room than that. Forest spent nearly £200m on transfers upon promotion.
Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 18:03 - Jan 5 with 1378 viewsITFCBlues

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 17:59 - Jan 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I suspect there will be a bit more wriggle room than that. Forest spent nearly £200m on transfers upon promotion.

Yeah but they'd have been in a mess with relegation you'd have thought.

I doubt we'd spend big, more like Luton this year but it helps to build the club

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Well done on the scoop, Phil. on 18:05 - Jan 5 with 1368 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'm happy with that. Get promoted, get on the gravy train, even if we come down we'll have money to buy our way back up. I'm confident that whatever happens, Ashton and co will spend any money that comes our way wisely.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024