Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was 13:06 - Jan 2 with 1735 viewspatrickswell

serenaded off with a chorus of “Cheerio” after talking himself into a red card? Awfully bad form from our support if we didn’t do this, but I appreciate that the sound may have been edited out.
Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:09 - Jan 2 with 1693 viewsgringoblue

yes we did!
Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:13 - Jan 2 with 1671 viewsSaleAway

very much so.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:13 - Jan 2 with 1665 viewsSitfcB

Yes of course, never sung it for so long before

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:18 - Jan 2 with 1613 viewspatrickswell

I don’t say this very often - but I’m very proud of you all.
Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:21 - Jan 2 with 1590 viewsDubtractor

Obviously it's a bit soft to get a second yellow for card waving, even if correct by the letter of the law, but I thought it was a ludicrous one for Thompson to even be asking for a booking from it. It was barely a foul by Chaplin, let alone one worthy of a booking.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:52 - Jan 2 with 1471 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Oh yes, we did!

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:54 - Jan 2 with 1458 viewsPhilTWTD

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:21 - Jan 2 by Dubtractor

Obviously it's a bit soft to get a second yellow for card waving, even if correct by the letter of the law, but I thought it was a ludicrous one for Thompson to even be asking for a booking from it. It was barely a foul by Chaplin, let alone one worthy of a booking.

And he should have been sent off for the tackle which saw him booked. He caught Jackson halfway up his thigh!
Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:57 - Jan 2 with 1433 viewsFoD_Blue

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:21 - Jan 2 by Dubtractor

I was hoping he had been booked for deliberate handball. But then they still got the free kick.

This thing for grabbing the ball when you think you have been fouled, should be stamped out. The ref is being forced to make a decision, and I don't think I have ever seen one give handball.
Login to get fewer ads

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 14:36 - Jan 2 with 1351 viewsEdwardStone

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:57 - Jan 2 by FoD_Blue

I was hoping he had been booked for deliberate handball. But then they still got the free kick.

This thing for grabbing the ball when you think you have been fouled, should be stamped out. The ref is being forced to make a decision, and I don't think I have ever seen one give handball.

It should be punished the same as waving/ demanding the issue of a card

It is trying to do the ref's job for him and thus undermining the ref's authority

Sam Morsy occasionally used to do this.... "I'll have that foul now Ref"
Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 14:36 - Jan 2 with 1350 viewsgringoblue

I don't think he can complain. The tackle on Jackson was borderline red to start with. He went in studs up and started to turn his back, he was either trying to do Jackson or protect himself with no intention of playing the ball. For the second yellow, Chaplin was about to pinch the ball off him and Thompson panicked, fell in to Chaplin to try and buy a foul and then handled the ball. If the ref sees it differently, he would have been booked and sent off for that. No idea why he asked for a booking but it was clear as day that he did, and you can even lip read the ref asking him first!
Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 15:12 - Jan 2 with 1230 viewsGeoffSentence

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 13:54 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

And he should have been sent off for the tackle which saw him booked. He caught Jackson halfway up his thigh!

Not according to Schumaker. It was just a coming together.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 16:06 - Jan 2 with 1099 viewsPhilTWTD

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 15:12 - Jan 2 by GeoffSentence

Not according to Schumaker. It was just a coming together.

He said he didn't think it was a yellow card.
Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 16:48 - Jan 2 with 942 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 16:06 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

He said he didn't think it was a yellow card.

Did he think he was lucky to get an extra 40 minutes from him after the 1st tackle
Watching the Stoke highlights - can anyone confirm whether Thompson was on 08:49 - Jan 3 with 639 viewsdurhamj

Oh yes. I even gave him a little wave.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024