Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sargent 09:27 - Jan 2 with 3152 viewsbackwaywhen

Cheeky bid for Sargent anyone …..just what we are looking for to replace Hirst .
Sargent on 09:53 - Jan 2 with 2973 viewsGeoffSentence

I'd be happy if we did, just to wind up our friends from North of The border.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sargent on 10:20 - Jan 2 with 2852 viewssolemio

The famous orchestral conductor Sir Malcolm Sargent was a friend of the Sheepshanks family.

When was relevance of any importance on TWTD?
Sargent on 12:29 - Jan 2 with 2630 viewsmrshallisfit

Sargent on 10:20 - Jan 2 by solemio

The famous orchestral conductor Sir Malcolm Sargent was a friend of the Sheepshanks family.

When was relevance of any importance on TWTD?

I'd prefer to play Sir Thomas Beecham up front. Good hold up play and he would insist Delius was played in the dressing room.
Sargent on 12:33 - Jan 2 with 2602 viewssuffolkpoker

He is a decent striker and holds the ball up well. It would be funny if we signed him frm them. Just for the lol's

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Sargent on 12:44 - Jan 2 with 2524 viewsNomore4

Sargent on 12:33 - Jan 2 by suffolkpoker

He is a decent striker and holds the ball up well. It would be funny if we signed him frm them. Just for the lol's

He’s a goal scorer. And proven.
I think it’s best to hold out for Sinclair Armstrong……
Sargent on 12:51 - Jan 2 with 2463 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sargent on 12:44 - Jan 2 by Nomore4

He’s a goal scorer. And proven.
I think it’s best to hold out for Sinclair Armstrong……

I don’t understand this Sinclair Armstrong thing , sorry but it’d be a no from me

Stansfield is another level above SA

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sargent on 12:56 - Jan 2 with 2396 viewsdavblue

Sargent on 12:51 - Jan 2 by Metal_Hacker

I don’t understand this Sinclair Armstrong thing , sorry but it’d be a no from me

He's given our boys a hard game but im not convinced he's going to get goals at this level. Think he will be one of those who's raw and someone will take a punt on him and he doesn't end up doing much.
Sargent on 13:14 - Jan 2 with 2283 viewsNeedhamChris

Sargent on 12:56 - Jan 2 by davblue

He's given our boys a hard game but im not convinced he's going to get goals at this level. Think he will be one of those who's raw and someone will take a punt on him and he doesn't end up doing much.

One hard game, and then another easy one as he wasn't up to much on 29th.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Login to get fewer ads

Sargent on 13:18 - Jan 2 with 2242 views_clive_baker_

You would take him in a heartbeat, he's young, USA international, has scored a few at this level and has experience at the one above. Having said that it's surely one that's out of reach financially. Norwich will be forced to sell at some point but I wouldn't think the new DoF would want to oversee that deal so early into his tenure, especially to a rival. They'll get the best part of £8m - £10m for him I would think, when he does move on.
Sargent on 13:32 - Jan 2 with 2146 viewsNutkins_Return

Absolutely. Right profile for with the added bonus of causing a meltdown for them. Can't see them selling to us though. They know the damage.

If you are their new head honcho you aren't going to piss off your fans like that in your first couple of months!! It would beautiful though 😭
[Post edited 2 Jan 13:34]
Sargent on 13:47 - Jan 2 with 2052 viewsNomore4

Sargent on 12:51 - Jan 2 by Metal_Hacker

You and me both Hacker Zone…. But I’m in for up votes, so sticking with it
Sargent on 14:00 - Jan 2 with 1982 viewsbaxterbasics

Sargent on 13:18 - Jan 2 by _clive_baker_

You would take him in a heartbeat, he's young, USA international, has scored a few at this level and has experience at the one above. Having said that it's surely one that's out of reach financially. Norwich will be forced to sell at some point but I wouldn't think the new DoF would want to oversee that deal so early into his tenure, especially to a rival. They'll get the best part of £8m - £10m for him I would think, when he does move on.

Maybe one for once we are promoted and are spending PL money then.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Sargent on 15:25 - Jan 2 with 1698 viewsKievthegreat

He's obviously a good player (even if he's a scummer), but there's no way we can afford him in the Championship. His wages will likely stretch us to breaking point prior to any transfer fee. From an FFP perspective it's just not possible unless we move someone like Davis on for big money.

I think our signings will all be premier league loans or perhaps a gamble on someone with potential in League 1 we can get at a good price.

One thing Ashton talked about was us having access to cash, but being restrained by FFP. Only thing we could have in our favour is the ability to pay upfront rather than spreading payments if the selling club needs money fast. Other than that, I think Ashton will need to work some magic to pull off anything half as good as last Jan (although Sarmiento is a good start!)
Sargent on 16:00 - Jan 2 with 1559 viewsExiled2Surrey

Sargent on 13:32 - Jan 2 by Nutkins_Return

Absolutely. Right profile for with the added bonus of causing a meltdown for them. Can't see them selling to us though. They know the damage.

If you are their new head honcho you aren't going to piss off your fans like that in your first couple of months!! It would beautiful though 😭
[Post edited 2 Jan 13:34]

Devil’s advocate - if you were in his shoes and assuming you thought it a good idea to sell this player to make space in your squad for some more Ashley Barneses, better to do it now while he can claim that this local rivalry thing is something you don’t understand?

OK - it’s not going to happen…
Sargent on 16:21 - Jan 2 with 1443 viewsNutkins_Return

Sargent on 16:00 - Jan 2 by Exiled2Surrey

Devil’s advocate - if you were in his shoes and assuming you thought it a good idea to sell this player to make space in your squad for some more Ashley Barneses, better to do it now while he can claim that this local rivalry thing is something you don’t understand?

OK - it’s not going to happen…

Would love to see him say "oh I didn't realize".
Sargent on 20:30 - Jan 2 with 1096 viewssolemio

Sargent on 12:29 - Jan 2 by mrshallisfit

I'd prefer to play Sir Thomas Beecham up front. Good hold up play and he would insist Delius was played in the dressing room.

Beecham to female cellist:
You have between your legs something that could give pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024