Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD 15:37 - Dec 31 with 1855 viewsgainsboroughblue

was 34 years ago. Anybody else suffer that?

Hoping very much for no repeat of that.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:39 - Dec 31 with 1832 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Not quite 34 years ago or the same ground but pretty sure Ive been to Vale Park on NYD!
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:39 - Dec 31 with 1836 viewsPlums

With a hangover in the rain/ fog!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:45 - Dec 31 with 1794 viewsEastTownBlue

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:39 - Dec 31 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Not quite 34 years ago or the same ground but pretty sure Ive been to Vale Park on NYD!

New Year's Day 1992 saw a 2-1 win. Or a bank holiday following the New Year 3/1/00 also a 2-1 win.
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:47 - Dec 31 with 1781 viewsgainsboroughblue

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:45 - Dec 31 by EastTownBlue

New Year's Day 1992 saw a 2-1 win. Or a bank holiday following the New Year 3/1/00 also a 2-1 win.

Both promotion campaigns there. A better omen than my offering.

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:47 - Dec 31 with 1779 viewsdurhamj

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:45 - Dec 31 by EastTownBlue

Yup Port Vale on NYD. We got absolutely spanked. And it pissed it down, I don’t think the stand had a roof.

I’ll be at Stoke tomorrow 👌
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:56 - Dec 31 with 1748 viewsEastTownBlue

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:47 - Dec 31 by gainsboroughblue

Both promotion campaigns there. A better omen than my offering.

The only previous occassion we have played Stoke City on NYD was in 1988 with a 2-1 win at the Victoria Ground.
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 16:19 - Dec 31 with 1700 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 15:56 - Dec 31 by EastTownBlue

The only previous occassion we have played Stoke City on NYD was in 1988 with a 2-1 win at the Victoria Ground.

I was at that game. Mich D’Aray with the winner off the underside of the bar? Of course that could have been another game - memory not what it was.
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 16:20 - Dec 31 with 1693 viewsstonojnr

I think i(because i tried to forget it) I went to the 2nd Jan game in 2006, we lost, I just remember it being so flipping cold as the wind comes through that corner gap they had opposite the away end from across the hills.

Let's hope for better this time :)
Login to get fewer ads

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 17:09 - Dec 31 with 1623 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

2000 sounds right, I guess it was just after NYD then.
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 17:23 - Dec 31 with 1587 viewspennblue

Yes it was great fun, we did a conga when the 5th one went in!

Going up there too tomorrow, us fans need to be right up for it, the players need us tomorrow more than usual

Lets make them proud

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 17:28 - Dec 31 with 1572 viewsrgp1

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 16:19 - Dec 31 by benrhyddingblue

I was at that game. Mich D’Aray with the winner off the underside of the bar? Of course that could have been another game - memory not what it was.

Yes was at that one as well. We were in the lower tier standing on the side stand. David Lowe got the other goal.
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 18:19 - Dec 31 with 1517 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 17:28 - Dec 31 by rgp1

Yes was at that one as well. We were in the lower tier standing on the side stand. David Lowe got the other goal.

Yes, remember being along the side having been behind the goal on a previous visit (went three times to Victoria Ground but only saw two games, with the other postponed due to snow)
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 18:33 - Dec 31 with 1492 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, my first away game….!

Threw it down all day, and we lost 0-5.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 19:01 - Dec 31 with 1454 viewsRadlett_blue

I've been to Stoke once. Town lost 1-0 at the old Victoria Road Ground in January 1983. We had Irving Gernon & Kevin Steggles at full back. I didn't go to games very often then as I played football on Saturday afternoons but I'd damaged my ankle ligament so was out for a few weeks. My Town mates encouraged me to come to Stoke, saying we'd have beers in Banks's pub & I was hugely disappointed when the ex England goalkeeper wasn't there to hand me a pint of foaming ale.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 19:07 - Dec 31 with 1434 viewsWoolfenthen

The one which Warky mentions in his book, they were all p**sed and got away with just a 5-0 defeat. Think he states he's never seen anyone drink as much as Linighan in all his time in football, guy was constantly out of it on the pitch.
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 20:34 - Dec 31 with 1340 viewsmonkeymagic

Closest I got to Stoke away was, I think, 1986/87 : at Crewe Station me and my mate found out the game was postponed, so we hopped on a train to Liverpool to watch them play Luton. Unimaginable these days that back then you could select a fixture from the back of the paper & simply pay on the turnstile to get in. Unfortunate incident after the match, as we got chased half the way back to Lime St station by some local scallies, never did buy into the friendliest supporters reputation that they often get credited with. In the words of Alf Garnett, Scouse Gits.
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 20:42 - Dec 31 with 1322 viewsblueprint

I was there .iirc it p!ssed it down. Horrific day out.
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 23:50 - Dec 31 with 1213 viewsallezlesbleus

I can't remember if I went to Stoke once or twice. It would have been in the late 70's or early 80's and the most memorable thing that happened to me was when I ordered plaice and chips at a chippy near the ground and she snarled back at me "we ain't that posh up 'ere, to have plaice".
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 08:29 - Jan 1 with 1099 viewsBluespeed225

Victoria Ground , october(I think) 81. We lost, but I think it was a quid for the coach from PR, great cheap adventures for 16 year olds. There was a charge under the stand by some older lads(we only had about 100 there in total), turned out there was no one there! It’d had been a busy spell, Birmingham away, Villa away, Arsenal at home, all had their moments, with Birmingham and Luton and Shrewsbury in the Cup to come.
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 08:57 - Jan 1 with 1064 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 16:20 - Dec 31 by stonojnr

I think i(because i tried to forget it) I went to the 2nd Jan game in 2006, we lost, I just remember it being so flipping cold as the wind comes through that corner gap they had opposite the away end from across the hills.

Wind absolutely whips through the 365, wrap up anyone going.

In my uni days (in Stoke) there was about 1/2 a stand that used to spend 90mins watching the away fans rather than the match

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 10:05 - Jan 1 with 986 viewsITFC_Forever

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 08:57 - Jan 1 by BlueandTruesince82

In my uni days (in Stoke) there was about 1/2 a stand that used to spend 90mins watching the away fans rather than the match

I was at uni in Stoke as well (Staffs Uni), from 1993 to 1996 while SCFC were still at the Vic, we lived two streets behind the away end in my third year… was a novelty to walk to an away game when we played there in the Spring of 1996.

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 10:43 - Jan 1 with 936 viewspatrickswell

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 16:20 - Dec 31 by stonojnr

Point of order, but the Jan 2, 2006 game at Stoke finished 2-2. It may have felt like a loss though because we were 2-0 up. Just like then, we had a number of regulars out, didn’t Aidan Collins play in central defence, that day?

Running the results back through my brain, I don’t think we’ve ever won at Stoke since they left the Victoria Ground.
EDIT - Just 3 draws and 5 defeats at the 365 stadium.
[Post edited 1 Jan 10:48]
Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 11:36 - Jan 1 with 899 viewsRadlett_blue

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 08:57 - Jan 1 by BlueandTruesince82

I think that would have been the notorious Boothen End.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 11:52 - Jan 1 with 876 viewsgainsboroughblue

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 10:43 - Jan 1 by patrickswell

Point of order, but the Jan 2, 2006 game at Stoke finished 2-2. It may have felt like a loss though because we were 2-0 up. Just like then, we had a number of regulars out, didn’t Aidan Collins play in central defence, that day?

Running the results back through my brain, I don’t think we’ve ever won at Stoke since they left the Victoria Ground.
EDIT - Just 3 draws and 5 defeats at the 365 stadium.
[Post edited 1 Jan 10:48]

My last trip to Stoke City was a Tuesday night. I think we turned a 2-1 lead into a 3-2 defeat in injury time due to a Drissa Diallo boo boo.

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 12:13 - Jan 1 with 845 viewsITFC_Forever

Last time I went to Stoke-on-Trent to watch Ipswich play on NYD on 11:36 - Jan 1 by Radlett_blue

I think that would have been the notorious Boothen End.

No, the Boothen End was behind the opposite goal to the away fans.

It would have been the paddock in front of the main stand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024