Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor…. 12:58 - Dec 30 with 1847 viewswitchdoctor

thought he’d have been a shoe in to fill in for Morsey….anyone think of why Ball was preferred to him?
Taylor…. on 12:59 - Dec 30 with 1827 viewsGlasgowBlue

Listening to Blue Monday they said McKenna sees Ball as back up to Morsy and Taylor as back up or rotated with Luongo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Taylor…. on 13:00 - Dec 30 with 1793 viewsNutkins_Return

Because he's a DM and Taylor isn't. I think Ball showed exactly why he should play. He was excellent. Did his part well, we just lacked some of the attacking patterns of play and drive further forward. Understandable In the circumstances.
Taylor…. on 13:03 - Dec 30 with 1737 viewsPhilTWTD

Think because Taylor played 80 minutes of the Leicester game having not played an awful lot before that. And Ball is probably a more natural replacement for Morsy positionally.
Taylor…. on 16:38 - Dec 30 with 1398 viewscressi

Taylor…. on 13:03 - Dec 30 by PhilTWTD

Think because Taylor played 80 minutes of the Leicester game having not played an awful lot before that. And Ball is probably a more natural replacement for Morsy positionally.

We played QPR at home not Man City we should have shown more ambition played Taylor or Humpreys in midfield . BALL only went sideways or backwards 95% of the time far to negative.
Taylor…. on 16:40 - Dec 30 with 1373 viewsDubtractor

Taylor…. on 13:00 - Dec 30 by Nutkins_Return

Because he's a DM and Taylor isn't. I think Ball showed exactly why he should play. He was excellent. Did his part well, we just lacked some of the attacking patterns of play and drive further forward. Understandable In the circumstances.

Ball excellent?!

He was really poor, and we looked a much better team when he went off.

If I'm honest, I knew we'd struggle when I saw he had been picked, as he's a really pedestrian midfielder. All backwards passing and no drive or aggression.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 16:44]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Taylor…. on 16:53 - Dec 30 with 1297 viewsstonojnr

Taylor…. on 16:38 - Dec 30 by cressi

We played QPR at home not Man City we should have shown more ambition played Taylor or Humpreys in midfield . BALL only went sideways or backwards 95% of the time far to negative.

But it was game 2 of a sequence of 3 within 7days, it made sense to play Ball against QPR. He did well, and it was the right swap to bring on Taylor for.

With illness and injuries building in the squad we need to use the whole squad to get through this period so everyone is contributing effectively.
Taylor…. on 16:59 - Dec 30 with 1255 viewsClutch

Taylor…. on 13:00 - Dec 30 by Nutkins_Return

He was not good.
Taylor…. on 17:10 - Dec 30 with 1179 viewsBigCommon

Taylor…. on 16:53 - Dec 30 by stonojnr

But it was game 2 of a sequence of 3 within 7days, it made sense to play Ball against QPR. He did well, and it was the right swap to bring on Taylor for.

With illness and injuries building in the squad we need to use the whole squad to get through this period so everyone is contributing effectively.

Plus he added some Championship experience and a calm head . Not to be overlooked , imo, in Morsy's absence.... A fit Evans might have played for similar reasons... With Hutch and Williams down our right, two young heads. Perhaps KM was looking for some mentality/experience balance on that side of the pitch...?
Though Ball did alright.. He obviously lacks the forward thrust of a Morsy or a Taylor. But I thought we were just playing it safer first half, anyway. So that KM could asses , and make some attacking tweaks 2nd half, which we did do, and it looked like it might pay off, with a good spell 2nd half..
I 'm of the opinion , that had we nicked a 1-0, with everything that went against us for this game. It would have been right up there with KM's best results for us. And he almost pulled it off.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor…. on 17:44 - Dec 30 with 1047 viewsJ2BLUE

Ball has been "training in the Morsy role" according to Glenn Wheeler so we can expect to see more of him if/when Morsy serves his two game ban.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Taylor…. on 18:16 - Dec 30 with 961 viewsNutkins_Return

Taylor…. on 16:40 - Dec 30 by Dubtractor

Ball excellent?!

He was really poor, and we looked a much better team when he went off.

If I'm honest, I knew we'd struggle when I saw he had been picked, as he's a really pedestrian midfielder. All backwards passing and no drive or aggression.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 16:44]

Normally we are on the same page but I'm amazed at people saying Ball was poor. He was excellent. Hardly put a foot wrong. It's like the old Skuse debates. Ball did exactly what you would want from a DM. He screened well and he was really good on the ball with precise passing, few nice turns away and always offering for the ball and playing it on quick.

He isn't Morsy and that seems to = he had a bad game. He wasn't even average he was 7 or 8 out of 10.
Taylor…. on 18:19 - Dec 30 with 941 viewsNutkins_Return

Taylor…. on 17:44 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

Ball has been "training in the Morsy role" according to Glenn Wheeler so we can expect to see more of him if/when Morsy serves his two game ban.

I'd be fine with that. He proven over years he is champ quality. Put Ball in the side we've had for most of the season and he'd do very well. He's not as a good as Morsy but he's a good player. He is more a holder than Morsy. More of a Skuse.
Taylor…. on 18:28 - Dec 30 with 882 viewswitchdoctor

Taylor…. on 17:44 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

😬
Taylor…. on 19:01 - Dec 30 with 793 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Taylor…. on 16:59 - Dec 30 by Clutch

He was not good.

He did fine but doesn’t drive forward, and against a better midfield wouldn’t have the legs. Was very surprised we didn’t go with Taylor who is athletic and positive, especially at home.
Taylor…. on 19:07 - Dec 30 with 758 viewsDinDjarin

Nothing wrong with Ball last night. One of the better performances.
Taylor…. on 19:10 - Dec 30 with 749 viewscressi

Taylor…. on 18:16 - Dec 30 by Nutkins_Return

Normally we are on the same page but I'm amazed at people saying Ball was poor. He was excellent. Hardly put a foot wrong. It's like the old Skuse debates. Ball did exactly what you would want from a DM. He screened well and he was really good on the ball with precise passing, few nice turns away and always offering for the ball and playing it on quick.

He isn't Morsy and that seems to = he had a bad game. He wasn't even average he was 7 or 8 out of 10.

Excellent is over the top adequate maybe but as I said playing a bottom 3 side I think we should have been braver if Morsey was out for a length of time playing Ball in his place would bring a massive decline in Town's performances.
Taylor…. on 19:10 - Dec 30 with 742 viewsNomore4

Taylor…. on 19:07 - Dec 30 by DinDjarin

Nothing wrong with Ball last night. One of the better performances.

Ball was awful…almost Skuse awful.
Taylor…. on 19:12 - Dec 30 with 731 viewsHalifaxBlue

Taylor…. on 19:01 - Dec 30 by PrideOfTheEast

He did fine but doesn’t drive forward, and against a better midfield wouldn’t have the legs. Was very surprised we didn’t go with Taylor who is athletic and positive, especially at home.

Ball was fine. He just wasn't Morsy. But he kept the ball and insulated us against the counter. It is no coincidence that we started to get roasted down Humphrey's side when he went off. They had much more joy countering after he went off.

Taylor doesn't have the positional discipline or awareness to screen the defense and break up counters. That was clear against Leicester. Luongo does, but you lose so, so much by not having him winning the ball high up the pitch. Thus, Ball is the fit.

Our improvement after him coming off had much more to do with it being at the same time as Williams and Ladapo then it did him.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024