Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? 09:52 - Dec 30 with 2716 viewsdominiciawful

Can we not focus more on singing in support of our team instead of mentioning that irrelevance of a football club?

Last night wasn’t great (Ladapo was crap), and people understandably needs some excitement on the pitch to get going, but singing more loudly about Norwich is tinpot.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 12:01 - Dec 30 with 2393 viewsBluespeed225

The 'Hark Now' and delia songs are just plain boring now and have been for years tbh. Theres' a little gaggle in Block 4, furthest side who are obsessed by them. They also copped a bit of flak when chanting 'let him die' when one of theirs took a while getting up. This was in the 2nd half. After the incident in Churchmans. Pathetic.
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 14:30 - Dec 30 with 2325 viewsBlueOsterClub

I never join in with Hark now sing and have not for years. Why are we interested in singing about Norwich ? Do they sing about us? Genuine question as I have no idea.

And the lyrics we will fight for ever more! I want to watch football not fight, thats very 1970s

Used to love singing Bobby Robsons blue and white Army , could we not change the words to Kieran Mckennas Blue and white army?

Mariner born as the king of Portman road was a good one , could we change this Morsy?

I am sure there's better options then singing about Norwich supporters running away
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 15:47 - Dec 30 with 2257 viewsBlue_Order

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 14:30 - Dec 30 by BlueOsterClub

I never join in with Hark now sing and have not for years. Why are we interested in singing about Norwich ? Do they sing about us? Genuine question as I have no idea.

And the lyrics we will fight for ever more! I want to watch football not fight, thats very 1970s

Used to love singing Bobby Robsons blue and white Army , could we not change the words to Kieran Mckennas Blue and white army?

Mariner born as the king of Portman road was a good one , could we change this Morsy?

I am sure there's better options then singing about Norwich supporters running away

We try and get McKenna’s B&WA going at most games but for some reason it never really takes off.
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 15:54 - Dec 30 with 2233 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 15:47 - Dec 30 by Blue_Order

We try and get McKenna’s B&WA going at most games but for some reason it never really takes off.

I join in but, and I'm sure you've already considered it, would it be better as "Kieran's blue and white army"?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 17:46 - Dec 30 with 2093 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 14:30 - Dec 30 by BlueOsterClub

I remember our away support would sing “Burleys” constantly loud as hell in the late 90s and early 2000s. Would get louder as our intensity picked up. I know Blue Action have done a lot but I’m not really a fan of the orchestrated drumming, especially when the rest of the ground sit on their hands anyway. I guess it’s just a different generation of fans these days. The old north stand is long gone.
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 18:04 - Dec 30 with 2056 viewsdurhamj

Been an Ipswich supporter since the mid 80's, mainly heading down. Not being from Ipswich though the whole Norwich hatred thing has never felt that strong in me.

At away games especially, the anti budgie/delia/shxthole town songs have long become tedious and embarrassing. We're better than that. I'm no songsmith but surely we've a good history to sing about.
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 18:32 - Dec 30 with 2003 viewsReuser_is_God

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 17:46 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I remember our away support would sing “Burleys” constantly loud as hell in the late 90s and early 2000s. Would get louder as our intensity picked up. I know Blue Action have done a lot but I’m not really a fan of the orchestrated drumming, especially when the rest of the ground sit on their hands anyway. I guess it’s just a different generation of fans these days. The old north stand is long gone.

We’ve tried “McKennas B&W army” in exact same style as “Burleys” as you mention but for whatever reason it hasn’t taken off.

We’ll still persist with it though, eventually it’ll be a thing.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 18:39]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 18:45 - Dec 30 with 1962 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 12:01 - Dec 30 by Bluespeed225

The 'Hark Now' and delia songs are just plain boring now and have been for years tbh. Theres' a little gaggle in Block 4, furthest side who are obsessed by them. They also copped a bit of flak when chanting 'let him die' when one of theirs took a while getting up. This was in the 2nd half. After the incident in Churchmans. Pathetic.

This 'Hark Now' is very pathetic to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 20:27 - Dec 30 with 1882 viewslmfcblue

Songs were tiring in a block A last night. They must’ve sung the Omari song for 15 mins and it wasn’t taking off!
Also notice that in Block A the north stand would start a chart but block A ignore it and sing something else
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 20:32 - Dec 30 with 1869 viewsReuser_is_God

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 20:27 - Dec 30 by lmfcblue

Songs were tiring in a block A last night. They must’ve sung the Omari song for 15 mins and it wasn’t taking off!
Also notice that in Block A the north stand would start a chart but block A ignore it and sing something else

No, we always join in with chants from the North when we can hear them.

Plus singing one chant for a long period of time is a good thing.

Evans out

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:11 - Dec 30 with 1768 viewsBlue_Order

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 20:27 - Dec 30 by lmfcblue

Ohhh I wanna dance with Omari 💃
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:19 - Dec 30 with 1722 viewslmfcblue

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 20:32 - Dec 30 by Reuser_is_God

No, we always join in with chants from the North when we can hear them.

Plus singing one chant for a long period of time is a good thing.

It really wasn’t it was tiring. Most round us who love a sing just bored of it as the song didn’t take of f. It killed the atmosphere rather than add to it.
Obviously the small group who sang it for 15 min enjoyed it but read the room lads
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:30 - Dec 30 with 1689 viewsDinnernotTea

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:19 - Dec 30 by lmfcblue

It really wasn’t it was tiring. Most round us who love a sing just bored of it as the song didn’t take of f. It killed the atmosphere rather than add to it.
Obviously the small group who sang it for 15 min enjoyed it but read the room lads

A Block was accused of not keeping songs going long enough so the North could join in. If you notice most songs go for 5 minutes or so with the hope of an L shaped wall of noise from all in the lower. But no one joins in.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:33 - Dec 30 with 1669 viewsMK1

Other than against Norwich, there is no need for us to sing about them. Been embarrassing for years. Please let it stop.
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:39 - Dec 30 with 1654 viewslmfcblue

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:30 - Dec 30 by DinnernotTea

A Block was accused of not keeping songs going long enough so the North could join in. If you notice most songs go for 5 minutes or so with the hope of an L shaped wall of noise from all in the lower. But no one joins in.

Need some classics and not some of the dross sung hence no one joining in
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:47 - Dec 30 with 1643 viewsDinnernotTea

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:39 - Dec 30 by lmfcblue

Need some classics and not some of the dross sung hence no one joining in

Fans said songs are now old and boring and to start new ones. A Block have started so many well received ones recently (Sam Morsy Egyptian for instance). I promise if you join in it'll be more fun.

Orrrrrrr how about if they are "dross" then create new ones with your mates in North Lower? After all, there are approx 2,500 that stand in the north lower. Do you think it sounds like that?

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 22:09 - Dec 30 with 1589 viewslmfcblue

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:47 - Dec 30 by DinnernotTea

Fans said songs are now old and boring and to start new ones. A Block have started so many well received ones recently (Sam Morsy Egyptian for instance). I promise if you join in it'll be more fun.

Orrrrrrr how about if they are "dross" then create new ones with your mates in North Lower? After all, there are approx 2,500 that stand in the north lower. Do you think it sounds like that?

I’m in Block A. Egyptian is great as well as Harness song but Omari for 15 mins is tough going
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 22:13 - Dec 30 with 1556 viewsDinnernotTea

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 22:09 - Dec 30 by lmfcblue

I’m in Block A. Egyptian is great as well as Harness song but Omari for 15 mins is tough going

The strangest part was that this song was all that was sung after Morsy's 93rd equaliser and as the players did their lap. Really odd. Perfect time to serenade Sir Samy but hey ho.

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 22:18 - Dec 30 with 1539 viewsReuser_is_God

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 22:09 - Dec 30 by lmfcblue

I’ll sing it for 20 minutes when he scores next.

Evans out

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 23:25 - Dec 30 with 1423 viewsBlue_Order

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 21:30 - Dec 30 by DinnernotTea

Yeah this is exactly it, we keep them going in the hope they’ll be spread over the North by S6, but it rarely happens for whatever reason.

A few times too (happened last night for sure), we’ll be singing a ‘roller’ - think it was blue and white army, which was going for well over 5 minutes (and they could definitely hear it) but instead of it being carried by the NS, they just sang hark now hear for 20 seconds instead and then it just died off again.
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 00:36 - Dec 31 with 1360 viewsCobboldCrusty

Think this is a fair comment - was really hard to get chants going for a sustained period in SBRL last night. A few fans even got a bit pissed off at those who were trying. The vibe has definitely changed since a few months ago.
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 01:15 - Dec 31 with 1310 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Just to get everyone singing- start

We’re the north stand
Repeat
We’re the north stand p Rd

Then the others take turns

When complete all shout Blue Army!
Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 06:21 - Dec 31 with 1250 viewspennblue

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 23:25 - Dec 30 by Blue_Order

Yeah this is exactly it, we keep them going in the hope they’ll be spread over the North by S6, but it rarely happens for whatever reason.

A few times too (happened last night for sure), we’ll be singing a ‘roller’ - think it was blue and white army, which was going for well over 5 minutes (and they could definitely hear it) but instead of it being carried by the NS, they just sang hark now hear for 20 seconds instead and then it just died off again.

Sir Alf Ramsey lower is dead as a doornail. There are a few core singers that still exist in there (but really are wasting their time). The old North stand just does not exist in any kind of form any more.

I think for me BA need to focus on doubling their numbers once more. Whether the club will support this through some discounted tickets or not, I am not sure, but I would back such a scheme if I were MA.

Its interesting Leeds are planning to up their capacity to 55k, as their current stadium design would suit us really well. The corners keep the noise in and moving round the stadium (we need to fill the corners in for starters), but also, if you look at both of their stands behind each goal, they are single tier stands. This for me, is crucial as where we have gone wrong is we now have two 'two-tier' stands behind each goal. This was a massive mistake imo, the two/three tier stands should be kept for the sides.

So we have all those in upper / lower Sir Alf disconnected, and the same in the Churchmans end. We could have both ends really loud if they were all joined up. Now we own the land behind the churchmans, we 'could' sort out Churchmans, but I can't see there being appetite for doing this as I assume the cost would still be in the £50 million range to do that work.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 08:25 - Dec 31 with 1164 viewstextbackup

Because we have some proper dim fans that think being anti norwich is cool as fck

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why are anti-Norwich songs seemingly louder than others? on 08:40 - Dec 31 with 1122 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I was away from my normal seat in the North, in the West Stand, as Lady Dollers was making a rare appearance. We didn't hear a single Norwich song - she even remarked on the fact. So if they were sung, they certainly weren't louder than others.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024