Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ball instead of Taylor 20:26 - Dec 29 with 1647 viewsGarv

Strange, no?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:27 - Dec 29 with 1622 viewsJuggsy

Bit odd, we are lacking a bit of midfield drive
Ball instead of Taylor on 20:29 - Dec 29 with 1585 viewsredrickstuhaart

No. We are looking for a solid morsy replacement rather than attacking option.

However, he has not driven with the ball as morsy does, something williams, hutch and others are guilty of tonight. All a bit slow and safe.
Ball instead of Taylor on 20:30 - Dec 29 with 1539 viewsPhilTWTD

Taylor played 80 minutes the other night having not played a lot before that, so probably not a surprise he was left out tonight.
Ball instead of Taylor on 20:30 - Dec 29 with 1535 viewsJuggsy

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:29 - Dec 29 by redrickstuhaart

However, he has not driven with the ball as morsy does, something williams, hutch and others are guilty of tonight. All a bit slow and safe.

It’s leading to us playing a lot more long balls than we are used to seeing.
Ball instead of Taylor on 20:33 - Dec 29 with 1488 viewsClutch

Morsy is attacking, he's not a defensive midfielder. He does break up play, but then drives forward with it or makes a clever forward pass.
Ball instead of Taylor on 20:33 - Dec 29 with 1473 viewsGlasgowBlue

TEAM by GlasgowBlue 29 Dec 2023 19:11
The Blue Monday boys were saying that Ball is seen as the right side of midfield if Morsy is absent. Luongo and Taylor have never been played as a pair because they are both seen as the left side option.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:33 - Dec 29 with 1471 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very slow and safe. KM won’t be happy, so I’m hoping he’ll gee them up a bit at half time.

We’re not the same without our main players (no surprise).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:34 - Dec 29 with 1462 viewsredrickstuhaart

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:33 - Dec 29 by Clutch

Morsy is attacking, he's not a defensive midfielder. He does break up play, but then drives forward with it or makes a clever forward pass.

He is the permanent option for the defence. Thats what ball is doing. Ball however does not have the shoulder drop and turn so is rather predictable rather than opening space.
Login to get fewer ads

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:35 - Dec 29 with 1423 viewsTrequartista

Saving him for Stoke i would think if Luongo is tired.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:43 - Dec 29 with 1298 viewsNutkins_Return

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:33 - Dec 29 by Swansea_Blue

Very slow and safe. KM won’t be happy, so I’m hoping he’ll gee them up a bit at half time.

We’re not the same without our main players (no surprise).

Am I watching a different games. Hes turned away from defenders really well a few times. We've been poor but Bal has probably been out best player. Good with and without that ball.
Ball instead of Taylor on 20:45 - Dec 29 with 1274 viewsWicklowBlue

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:43 - Dec 29 by Nutkins_Return

Am I watching a different games. Hes turned away from defenders really well a few times. We've been poor but Bal has probably been out best player. Good with and without that ball.

Thought myself Ball had been solid enough but of course he's not Morsy. Taylor coming off the bench with 20 to go?
Ball instead of Taylor on 20:48 - Dec 29 with 1222 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ball has been passing very well. Looks like he’s trained well for our system.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:50 - Dec 29 with 1212 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

A couple of nice turns, but overall he seems far too passive on the ball. It's not all his fault of course, but I find him an extremely frustrating player.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:55 - Dec 29 with 1158 viewsredrickstuhaart

Once or twice, but he plays facing his own goal ratehr than side on. It almost always goes straight back. Never progresses into midfield unless the centre backs do it.
Ball instead of Taylor on 22:19 - Dec 29 with 1030 viewsNutkins_Return

Ball instead of Taylor on 20:50 - Dec 29 by SlippinJimmyJuan

A couple of nice turns, but overall he seems far too passive on the ball. It's not all his fault of course, but I find him an extremely frustrating player.

Completely disagree. Watch him off the ball when he plays. Always looking for space and he's brave. Constantly going back to offer himself for the ball and can take it in tight spaces. He was excellent.

He's not Morsy who is absolute top class. But Ball showed he is a really capable deputy. What he didn't have was lots of options and and some of our real creative players in and around him tonight. Luongo and Ball did fine tonight in their roles.
Ball instead of Taylor on 22:45 - Dec 29 with 945 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Ball instead of Taylor on 22:19 - Dec 29 by Nutkins_Return

Completely disagree. Watch him off the ball when he plays. Always looking for space and he's brave. Constantly going back to offer himself for the ball and can take it in tight spaces. He was excellent.

He's not Morsy who is absolute top class. But Ball showed he is a really capable deputy. What he didn't have was lots of options and and some of our real creative players in and around him tonight. Luongo and Ball did fine tonight in their roles.

I really don't see it to be honest, he works hard but he just looks incredibly uncomfortable in our side in my opinion. I don't want to bash him as there were a lot of issues tonight, but there hasn't been a game where I have left particularly happy with his performance.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Ball instead of Taylor on 00:06 - Dec 30 with 803 viewscressi

Ball instead of Taylor on 22:45 - Dec 29 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I really don't see it to be honest, he works hard but he just looks incredibly uncomfortable in our side in my opinion. I don't want to bash him as there were a lot of issues tonight, but there hasn't been a game where I have left particularly happy with his performance.

Ball is a crab sidewards and backwards OK one up and to shore up apart from that a no from me.
Ball instead of Taylor on 01:05 - Dec 30 with 682 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I was actually more disappointed in Luongo tonight. Was hoping he would grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drive us on, but he never really did.
Ball instead of Taylor on 01:10 - Dec 30 with 657 viewsBrettenhamBlue

He's played 80 odd games for QPR so no surprise that he was picked against his old team.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024