Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think 10:07 - Dec 25 with 4947 viewsRIPbobby

Fair enough 4-0 looks like a comprehensive thrashing, but was it really that bad; I don't think so...

First half was a really tight affair. We were not that bad. Leeds had 3 shots on target that half and scored 3. You have days like that where everything goes there way. The bounce of the ball, ref decisions, everything went for them. Hladky only had to make 1 save and that was to keep out the first effort for their first goal. Generally speaking it was an even half, but everything they touched turned to goals.

The second half was dominated by Leeds and yet they only had 1 shot on target and scored. In spite of them playing with confidence they didn't hurt us. We knew the game was over and played within ourselves and rested key players.

I think that result will hurt Leeds more than us. They are going to think they are world beaters and expect to turn up to teams and just beat them. That won't happen. Just look what happened to West Brom since they beat us. They have been awful.

Our team ethos is about working for results and we will continue to do that. Teams won't be able to live with our movement and work rate. There will be 1 or 2 additions in January that will booster us once again. Believe in the system folks, it will work.
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 10:10 - Dec 25 with 4426 viewsMK1

It was bad, but games like these are going to happen from time to time. The important thing is that it is the season that matters. We go again.
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 10:56 - Dec 25 with 4276 viewsjoepublic

I thought it was pretty even before the first goal and definitely felt their crowd would turn but first goal settled them down instantly.

After that I don't think we played well at all. It might have changed if Chappers effort had made it 2 -1.

Just unfortunate we have had two off days against a team with
a ridiculous championship squad.

Take the two games against Leeds off the league table and we have been going at 2.47 ppg. Leeds at 1.85 ppg.

It won't be easy to catch us if we can put it behind and move on will a good performance tomorrow.

COYB

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 11:59 - Dec 25 with 4140 viewsChrisd

You can gloss it up as much as you like, but that was ‘Men against Boys’. Yes, their squad costs far more than ours, but they were very impressive. We had too many of our players that had poor games and weren’t up to their usual standards. Also, we had hardly any touches in their penalty area and no shots on target. The Leeds keeper could’ve had his feet up throughout the match, he just wasn’t tested and we never really looked like we would test him either.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 12:00]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 12:12 - Dec 25 with 4095 viewscressi

Sorry I think you are wrong it was a truly awful performance I cannot think not one player can look on their performance with any pride.
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 12:20 - Dec 25 with 4050 viewsElephantintheRoom

No shots on target. No corners. Fouls and bookings won comfortably. Pretty dire really even with rose-tinted specs.

BUT. Half the season gone and the franchise have given Leeds a six point start and are seven points ahead of them - so in that respect the Leeds result is utterly irrelevant If Town are capable of matching their early season form in the second half of the season.

Big issue is confidence. Do the players and coaches think they can compete with Leicester and Southampton ? And do they (and over entitled ‘supporters’) fancy getting thrashed week in and week out in the Prem.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 12:53 - Dec 25 with 3970 viewsbilllm

For me it all hinged on two decisions
As another poster said was even until a poor ref decision definite foul on chaplin 99% easily given so no first goal, even then the corner we didn't cover our self with glory,.happens with a European goalie they rarely come for crosses,
Second goal rubbish defending burgess was sucked over to where Leif was and both got done so legit goal,
So should have been one nil,
Chappers width of a post from 1-1,
Anybody's game then,
Ref spoilt anybody's game with an awful decision,
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 13:04 - Dec 25 with 3934 viewsSwansea_Blue

We were well beat and didn’t lay a glove on them. I don’t see what’s wrong with admitting that. They’re stuffed full of talent and that individual superiority showed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 13:30 - Dec 25 with 3875 viewsNedPlimpton

Sorry, but this is absolutely clutching at straws. They hit the woodwork twice in the 2nd half and it really could have been more than 4. A bad day at the office for us, but as others have said the game was even until the first goal and that really should have been pulled back for a foul.

Our style suited leeds perfectly and our mistakes were punished by a more athletic side than any we've come up.against so far. Both West Brom and Leeds have made light work of us this season, but fortunately we don't play them every week
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 13:37 - Dec 25 with 3857 viewshammo56

As somebody else has said this is really clutching at straws. It could have been 6 or 7 and we really couldn’t have complained. Move on and hope we don’t put in too many performances like that for the remainder of the season.
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 14:14 - Dec 25 with 3775 viewsHerbivore

Those posters saying we couldn't have complained if it was 6 or 7, that's rather overstating things. They managed 9 attempts on goal and their xG was 1.87, 0.8 of which was the penalty. They were already ridiculously clinical with the chances they finished.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 16:25 - Dec 25 with 3569 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 12:12 - Dec 25 by cressi

Sorry I think you are wrong it was a truly awful performance I cannot think not one player can look on their performance with any pride.

Clips are doing the rounds on the EFL pages making us look like fools, the only upside is that our opponents may think that’s standard.

Let’s be honest if we go up automatically over either Leeds or Southampton we’d have committed a miracle.
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 17:02 - Dec 25 with 3522 viewsPhilTWTD

Not a million miles off Kieran McKenna's assessment:

McKenna: We'll Learn From Defeat and Quickly Move On 23rd Dec 2023 16:12
Town boss Kieran McKenna says the Blues will learn from this afternoon’s disappointing 4-0 defeat at Leeds United and move on really quickly to Boxing Day’s similarly big game against leaders Leicester City at Portman Road. 28

This post has been edited by an administrator
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 17:08 - Dec 25 with 3485 viewsChrisd

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 13:30 - Dec 25 by NedPlimpton

Sorry, but this is absolutely clutching at straws. They hit the woodwork twice in the 2nd half and it really could have been more than 4. A bad day at the office for us, but as others have said the game was even until the first goal and that really should have been pulled back for a foul.

Our style suited leeds perfectly and our mistakes were punished by a more athletic side than any we've come up.against so far. Both West Brom and Leeds have made light work of us this season, but fortunately we don't play them every week

Yes, I think that’s a very fair assessment. I was impressed with WBA when they played us, toying with us like a cat with a mouse. Then I watched us against Leeds and I thought they managed us even better. As the game wore on they became more and more dominant. In both cases, we were well beaten, Leicester City is a very interesting game now it will be really intriguing to see how we respond. Nevertheless, even the most optimistic Town fan would never have us placed second halfway through the season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 19:06 - Dec 25 with 3267 viewsIllinoisblue

“The result will hurt Leeds more than it hurts us” is a quite astonishing take. Like, genuinely mind-blowing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 19:12 - Dec 25 with 3244 viewsRIPbobby

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 19:06 - Dec 25 by Illinoisblue

“The result will hurt Leeds more than it hurts us” is a quite astonishing take. Like, genuinely mind-blowing.

It's just how I think players mind work. If you batter a good team, beating the weaker teams will be easy and they will be less committed.As you and I both know it doesn't work like that. I noted that west brom battered us and everyone said what a team and they have been awful ever since. 1 swallow doesn't make a summer.

I might be completely wrong. Time will tell.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 19:18]
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 20:09 - Dec 25 with 3076 viewsbadadski

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 19:12 - Dec 25 by RIPbobby

It's just how I think players mind work. If you batter a good team, beating the weaker teams will be easy and they will be less committed.As you and I both know it doesn't work like that. I noted that west brom battered us and everyone said what a team and they have been awful ever since. 1 swallow doesn't make a summer.

I might be completely wrong. Time will tell.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 19:18]

The whole Leeds game was a mess, formation and our style played to Leeds strengths - most of our players had absolute horror shows, poor
Control, passes that were too slow or slightly mis directed meaning we had to back track rather than break forwards. It negated the whole mantra of playing out from the back which is risky at the best of times as when we managed to get it past the Leeds press in mid field and by passed a big chunk of players, a slow ball of misplaced pass meant we lost the momentum and had to go back to square one. Hirst, broadhead, Chaplin and tuanzabe were guilty of it. I think that will be the last time that happens, it’s just a shame it happens against the best team that demolished us.

I think against Leicester we will be more careful but I do not think Leicester are as strong as Leeds regardless of league position.
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 20:23 - Dec 25 with 3004 viewsMK1

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 12:20 - Dec 25 by ElephantintheRoom

No shots on target. No corners. Fouls and bookings won comfortably. Pretty dire really even with rose-tinted specs.

BUT. Half the season gone and the franchise have given Leeds a six point start and are seven points ahead of them - so in that respect the Leeds result is utterly irrelevant If Town are capable of matching their early season form in the second half of the season.

Big issue is confidence. Do the players and coaches think they can compete with Leicester and Southampton ? And do they (and over entitled ‘supporters’) fancy getting thrashed week in and week out in the Prem.

"Big issue is confidence. Do the players and coaches think they can compete with Leicester and Southampton ? And do they (and over entitled ‘supporters’) fancy getting thrashed week in and week out in the Prem."

Are you still claiming not to be a norwich supporter?
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 23:35 - Dec 25 with 2653 viewswaveneyblue

Why on earth does anybody give an up vote to this budgie. 🤔
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 23:44 - Dec 25 with 2634 viewsjayessess

People are very outcome orientated. You don't usually concede three times when the opposition only have five attacks ending in a goal attempt.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 08:40 - Dec 26 with 2244 viewsArnieM

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 23:44 - Dec 25 by jayessess

People are very outcome orientated. You don't usually concede three times when the opposition only have five attacks ending in a goal attempt.

But isn’t football in general, outcome orientated?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 08:40 - Dec 26 with 2251 viewsPinewoodblue

Accepting that VAR would probably disallowed the first goal it still needs to be recognised that it was our defending that helped to create an opportunity for Leeds.

If this had happened later in the game I doubt we would have conceded. It is our willingness to risk letting in goals in the first fifteen minutes of each half that was our downfall.

While would like to us concede less I’m not totally sure I want to see us change our style of play.

Back to one match at a time, maintain points accumulation and see where it takes us.

COYB

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 10:54 - Dec 26 with 1917 viewsBlueOura

It was every bit as bad as we think, we got absolutely battered!

That being said, it was only one game and we have been brilliant all season so onto the next one.
Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 11:03 - Dec 26 with 1886 viewsVic

I think you’re right on the confidence thing - this set of games will show what the team (and coaching team) are really made of - esp if we get another going over today. Hopefully we dust ourselves down and get back on the horse.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 11:11 - Dec 26 with 1859 viewsVic

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 20:23 - Dec 25 by MK1

"Big issue is confidence. Do the players and coaches think they can compete with Leicester and Southampton ? And do they (and over entitled ‘supporters’) fancy getting thrashed week in and week out in the Prem."

Are you still claiming not to be a norwich supporter?

I’m not one to stick up for Trumpy but in this instance I think he’s actually correct in his assessment.

It all depends on how we respond to a proper thrashing at Leeds and a tough, tough game today. Will it pop the bubble or simply strengthen our resolve?

One thing I hope it will do is to encourage Gamechanger of the need to significantly strengthen the squad. (Though I doubt they needed a couple of poor performances to show them this)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Leeds wasn't as bad as we think on 12:07 - Dec 26 with 1722 viewsStu_Magoo

Still miserable as sin, even on Christmas day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024