Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? 10:04 - Dec 23 with 1114 viewsIllinoisblue

And why?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:06 - Dec 23 with 1101 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is this a Christmas Cracker joke?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:15 - Dec 23 with 1043 viewsgainsboroughblue

When it re-opened around Sept 2019 (it had been closed for a year). No idea why the name change but there is a painting/mural/graffiti call it what you will of a hedgehog in the garden. May have been there all the years I've been going there but don't particularly recall.

Not without its charms still. Though the toilets are no longer hands down the worst in Ipswich town centre.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:16 - Dec 23 with 1032 viewsford6600

2019?
Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:18 - Dec 23 with 1002 viewsIllinoisblue

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:06 - Dec 23 by GlasgowBlue

Is this a Christmas Cracker joke?

No. Me wandering around Ipswich town centre this morning trying to walk off some jet lag, and looking at where I used to drink. It gets some stick but the Cornhill looks nice

62 - 78 - 81

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:21 - Dec 23 with 956 viewscatch74

It’s for sale £575 000 - for that price it must be doing pretty well. Is it mainly wet led or is there any food going on there?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:22 - Dec 23 with 957 viewsNthQldITFC

2019 apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-49398770

It's a madness which began, to the best of my youthful knowledge, with the opening of an establishment called the Newt & Cucumber in nearby Falcon Street in the early nineties.

The amalgamation of animal and vegetable in that case was a harmless (if somewhat morally questionable) experiment, but pub owners, high on the Absinthe that they keep locked away from mere mortals, soon started synthesising such oddities as Trout & Coal Scuttle, Fence & Horseradish etc.

By the late noughties, we were starting to see hybrids from the same empire, at first just the Vegetable/Vegetable and Mineral/Mineral kinds. Normal people had started to abandon pubs by then, of course, except before a football match. As we approached the dread year 2020, the shackles were well and truly off, and abominations like Swan/Hedgehog began to abound in a wholly unregulated environment.

Soon after visiting Ipswich, exhilarated by the weird and wonderful night life they had seen around the Town Hall area, a Chinese couple travelled back to their home near the city of Wuhan in southern China, and set up their own establishment, The Pangolin & Vampire Bat.

We all know what happened next.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:23 - Dec 23 with 942 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:21 - Dec 23 by catch74

It’s for sale £575 000 - for that price it must be doing pretty well. Is it mainly wet led or is there any food going on there?

I remember them doing food many years ago but doesn't look like they do now.

There's not really anywhere to sit in any case.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:25 - Dec 23 with 912 viewsNthQldITFC

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:21 - Dec 23 by catch74

It was mainly wet floor tiles when I was last in there. (I mean, before as well as after.)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:26 - Dec 23 with 901 viewsIllinoisblue

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:22 - Dec 23 by NthQldITFC

2019 apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-49398770

It's a madness which began, to the best of my youthful knowledge, with the opening of an establishment called the Newt & Cucumber in nearby Falcon Street in the early nineties.

The amalgamation of animal and vegetable in that case was a harmless (if somewhat morally questionable) experiment, but pub owners, high on the Absinthe that they keep locked away from mere mortals, soon started synthesising such oddities as Trout & Coal Scuttle, Fence & Horseradish etc.

By the late noughties, we were starting to see hybrids from the same empire, at first just the Vegetable/Vegetable and Mineral/Mineral kinds. Normal people had started to abandon pubs by then, of course, except before a football match. As we approached the dread year 2020, the shackles were well and truly off, and abominations like Swan/Hedgehog began to abound in a wholly unregulated environment.

Soon after visiting Ipswich, exhilarated by the weird and wonderful night life they had seen around the Town Hall area, a Chinese couple travelled back to their home near the city of Wuhan in southern China, and set up their own establishment, The Pangolin & Vampire Bat.

We all know what happened next.

It all makes sense now

62 - 78 - 81

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:30 - Dec 23 with 856 viewsEwan_Oozami

Due to the prickliness of the lead singers of the bands that play there! ;-)

Saying that, our drummer knows the owners quite well, and we've got a couple of gigs booked in there next year - assuming that if there are new owners, that they still want to put music on!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:36 - Dec 23 with 818 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:18 - Dec 23 by Illinoisblue

No. Me wandering around Ipswich town centre this morning trying to walk off some jet lag, and looking at where I used to drink. It gets some stick but the Cornhill looks nice

The Swan used to be the place to meet up before a game, didn't it?

I remember having a pint with KJ, Burer, Warky, Blueas, Bjork and a few other board legends back in the day.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:45 - Dec 23 with 762 viewsazuremerlangus

My starting/meet up pub in my youth (80’s). Went in last Saturday but switched to the Arcade soon after.

Pleased it is still going but has a different vibe to what I remember.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:47 - Dec 23 with 749 viewstcblue

Swanic the Hedgehog?

I'll get my coat.
Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 11:14 - Dec 23 with 649 viewsiamatractorboy

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:15 - Dec 23 by gainsboroughblue

When it re-opened around Sept 2019 (it had been closed for a year). No idea why the name change but there is a painting/mural/graffiti call it what you will of a hedgehog in the garden. May have been there all the years I've been going there but don't particularly recall.

Not without its charms still. Though the toilets are no longer hands down the worst in Ipswich town centre.

If you're putting your hands down them, you're doing it very wrong.
Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 12:21 - Dec 23 with 537 viewsthorpedo

Ok, when did the Swan add an hedgehog to its name? on 10:15 - Dec 23 by gainsboroughblue

Used to be just called the Swan - then they had a 'spike' in sales......

Thorpedo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024