Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! 11:50 - Dec 22 with 2197 viewsWestSussexBlue

Must be time for a lyric change isn’t it, Ladapo unfortunately seems a little dated.
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 11:56 - Dec 22 with 2142 viewssmithy69

Wolfie at the back - everyone in attack ?
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 11:59 - Dec 22 with 2125 viewsEssexBloo

Totally agree with this.
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 12:19 - Dec 22 with 2058 viewsitfc_bucks

Davis at the back, Davis in attack

Leif is gonna win the fckin league
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 12:43 - Dec 22 with 1963 viewsMidlander

Hladky in the goal
Chappers in the hole
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 12:44 - Dec 22 with 1954 viewsgosblue

I agree. Why can’t we be flexible on this?
We sing ‘McKenna knows exactly what we need’ but then we call him out for not having Woolfie or Freddie on the pitch. Imagine how Hirst feels about that.
‘Axel at the back, Hirsty in attack’ for Saturday I would imagine.
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 12:47 - Dec 22 with 1941 viewsTractorCam

I always sing this anyway.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 12:49 - Dec 22 with 1923 viewsitfc48

It probably should change but personally, in my view whilst Ladapo is still with us and getting game time it's maybe not worth potentially disturbing the lad's confidence.
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 13:53 - Dec 22 with 1770 viewsDeano69

Perhaps it should be sung as whoever is on the pitch at that point?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 13:57 - Dec 22 with 1751 viewshoppy

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 12:49 - Dec 22 by itfc48

It probably should change but personally, in my view whilst Ladapo is still with us and getting game time it's maybe not worth potentially disturbing the lad's confidence.

I doubt that would really happen.

I'm sure he would realise the factual correctness of the song is of more importance.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 16:32 - Dec 22 with 1486 viewsBrianTablet

"Woolfie at the back... in a 3-man defensive line with Leif pressing down the left, Morsy and Massimo holding in middle of the park, Chappers roaming the hole behind Hirsty the pressing ten, Broady dropping off then running at the oppo defence, Wes hugging the right touchline and
Ladapo - occasionally coming off the bench late when we are two goals up in order to rest players as it is a marathon not a sprint and we play again on Tuesday ...in attack."

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 16:55 - Dec 22 with 1447 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 16:32 - Dec 22 by BrianTablet

"Woolfie at the back... in a 3-man defensive line with Leif pressing down the left, Morsy and Massimo holding in middle of the park, Chappers roaming the hole behind Hirsty the pressing ten, Broady dropping off then running at the oppo defence, Wes hugging the right touchline and
Ladapo - occasionally coming off the bench late when we are two goals up in order to rest players as it is a marathon not a sprint and we play again on Tuesday ...in attack."

Yep, that scans.
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 17:05 - Dec 22 with 1426 viewsBigCommon

Bit disrespectful to a player that is still here, imo..
Should wait until a player moves on. If and when.
Could put Hirst in an awkward place, too?
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 17:35 - Dec 22 with 1360 viewsstrikalite

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 17:05 - Dec 22 by BigCommon

Agree..

When/if he moves on..

Solid at the back, goals in attack...

Covers everyone..
No no no no no... our season is built on a squad (n/t) on 17:41 - Dec 22 with 1345 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 17:44 - Dec 22 with 1327 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I thought this week was my turn to post this

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 18:14 - Dec 22 with 1267 viewsWestSussexBlue

Sentiment is nice but to be fair has been on the bench for Four of the last Ten, hasn’t hit a league goal since September!
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 18:26]
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 18:41 - Dec 22 with 1222 viewsstonojnr

You know you don't have to ask permission, just sing whatever version you think best fits, if people like it, they'll sing with you, I still use the Mich d'avray version of Hark now hear, no one criticises you for it , so just go for it
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 19:02 - Dec 22 with 1175 viewsBigCommon

Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 18:14 - Dec 22 by WestSussexBlue

Sentiment is nice but to be fair has been on the bench for Four of the last Ten, hasn’t hit a league goal since September!
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 18:26]

It's not so much sentiment, tbh... Just a bit of respect for a player that played a big roll in getting us to where we are , and who will still be present, for now, when that chant is sung.
People sing what they want at the end of the day.
Just seems a bit fickle to me at this moment in time.
Stick a players head in the dirt, when he's still in that dressing room. Not ideal, imo.
I know some fans have never taken to FL for some reason. But for me, he's done his bit, on our journey, so far.
Every one of those players, that have played a part in some of the best times we've seen in decades, should "all" be shown a bit of respect, imo.
But each to their own.
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 23:30 - Dec 22 with 998 viewsNutkins_Return

100% just a song we sing and even the players sing it. It absolutely makes no odd who we sing it about. No need to change it. It's good as it is. Ladapo is still one of us.

If he moves on so does does the song but only at that point for me.
Woolfy at the back, Hirsty in attack! on 02:05 - Dec 23 with 867 viewsPioneerBlue

A bit like our unusual formation and weird processes according to the opposition we as fans should be adaptable to whomever is on the pitch. When Hirsty gets some love he’ll probably score three goals
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 2:08]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024