Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst airline you’ve ever flown 10:41 - Dec 22 with 5453 viewsIllinoisblue

Recency bias from me right now, but Aer Lingus is an absolute circus of an airline. Hands down THE worst in Europe/US

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 10:45 - Dec 22 with 3330 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Owing to work commitments, most of my flights tend to be transatlantic now. BA are the worst i've flown on to date (in terms of comfort)

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 10:50 - Dec 22 with 3307 viewsgeg1992

Probably British Airways or Jet2 (Only because of Jess Glynn constantly)

Best surprisingly is probably Aeroflot or Asiana.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

When we went to pre season…. on 10:51 - Dec 22 with 3293 viewsBloots

….in Düsseldorf we flew from City Airport.

As I walked into the terminal a staff member asked me what airline we were flying with. I said Flybe, and he just laughed.

We had a 3 hour delay with no explanation, a plane that looked like it was held together with gaffer tape and a stewardess that plainly wanted to kill all the customers.

They went into admin two years later.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 10:54 - Dec 22 with 3272 viewsMK1

Go. Thankfully no more.
Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 10:55 - Dec 22 with 3263 viewsbrazil1982

Thai Air, from LHT to BKK - awful service and food, yet their "local" flights to Cambodia and Burma were delightful.

Best I've flown is Royal Jordanian - really comfy, great services, just a great experience.
Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 10:59 - Dec 22 with 3250 viewsSarge

It’s Ryanair, I don’t know how it could be anything else. They have no redeeming qualities, their planes are grim, their CEO is a massive cünt, their fees are egregious, their staff are miserable and they have no idea what customer service is. EasyJet is like being on a private jet in comparison.
Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:00 - Dec 22 with 3239 viewsgeg1992

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 10:59 - Dec 22 by Sarge

It’s Ryanair, I don’t know how it could be anything else. They have no redeeming qualities, their planes are grim, their CEO is a massive cünt, their fees are egregious, their staff are miserable and they have no idea what customer service is. EasyJet is like being on a private jet in comparison.

I've never had an issue. They're cheap and I know what to expect so couldn't ask any more of them really.

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:03 - Dec 22 with 3199 viewsMattinLondon

Jet2 are the best airline I’ve flown with recently - never had any trouble with them at all.

United Airways in the USA were the worst.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:11 - Dec 22 with 3174 viewsbluelagos

Was flying to Benin (City not country) from Lagos - colleague couldn't make flight so I used his ticket.

Checkin desk attendant: Can I have your ticket.
Me: Here you go
CDA: Mr Popoola?
Me: I am today.
CDA: Ok

My company protocol mgr (a fixer) also took my bag straight to the plane rather than face the hassle of airport security checks.

On the plane - it was overbooked - so you had to run for your seat and claim it - kind of like musical chairs - last ones standing don't get on the flight.

We flew on the treetops, literally, with the cabin having the window open - as the AC didn't work.

Then got threatened with arrest on arrival as I didn't have my passport (for an internal flight ffs)

TWTD

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:12 - Dec 22 with 3166 viewsEJP

BA - I snagged business class tickets for our flight back from Florida in the summer (they were cheaper than premium economy!) and it was appalling. Running out food, poor seating configuration.
Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:13 - Dec 22 with 3136 viewsblueprint

Spanair
Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:16 - Dec 22 with 3111 viewsbluelagos

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 10:45 - Dec 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

Owing to work commitments, most of my flights tend to be transatlantic now. BA are the worst i've flown on to date (in terms of comfort)

So done a fair bit of long haul - work mainly.

Top end are defo Singapore, Emirates and Cathay.
The guys in the middle - most of the European ones, KLM, Lufthansa etc.

Then the rest are varying degrees of dog sh1t with BA absolutely in the latter category.

*All a bit out of date as been out of the scene for most of the last decade. Do not miss airports one bit tbh
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 12:06]

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:21 - Dec 22 with 3082 viewsgeg1992

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:16 - Dec 22 by bluelagos

So done a fair bit of long haul - work mainly.

Top end are defo Singapore, Emirates and Cathay.
The guys in the middle - most of the European ones, KLM, Lufthansa etc.

Then the rest are varying degrees of dog sh1t with BA absolutely in the latter category.

*All a bit out of date as been out of the scene for most of the last decade. Do not miss airports one bit tbh
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 12:06]

It's always baffled me how bad BA are. I've often flown with them to Ghana and it's usually a bad experience in a really, really old plane.

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:27 - Dec 22 with 3060 viewsTractorCam

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 10:50 - Dec 22 by geg1992

Do they actually play Jess Glynne on the plane?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:28 - Dec 22 with 3049 viewsTractorCam

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:00 - Dec 22 by geg1992

I've never had an issue. They're cheap and I know what to expect so couldn't ask any more of them really.

Agreed, majority of my flights have been Ryanair and no real nightmare stories so far.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:29 - Dec 22 with 3046 viewsbluelagos

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:21 - Dec 22 by geg1992

It's always baffled me how bad BA are. I've often flown with them to Ghana and it's usually a bad experience in a really, really old plane.

I don't think you realise how poor they are unless you regularly fly with other airlines - which makes their "World's favourite airline" all the more laughable tbh. So glad to be out of that game.

Done Accra flight a couple of times - think at one time BA even used to fly London - Lagos - Accra. Proper nice place Accra, spent some R&R there too when I worked in Liberia (Elmina and Cape Coast) SlokAir - now that was fun...

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:30 - Dec 22 with 3035 viewsusm

Ryanair obvs

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:38 - Dec 22 with 3000 viewsDubai_Blue

I did an internal flight in the Congo, how I'm still alive I will never know.
Close second was another internal flight this time in the Yemen, with two aborted landings. New trousers were needed after that
Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:43 - Dec 22 with 2982 viewsbluelagos

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:38 - Dec 22 by Dubai_Blue

I did an internal flight in the Congo, how I'm still alive I will never know.
Close second was another internal flight this time in the Yemen, with two aborted landings. New trousers were needed after that

A load of Congo airlines got banned from my employers "safe to use" list after the EU put them on a sh1t list. Proper cr*p maintenance and safety records apparently.

I only really had a couple of scary moments - am emergency evacuation of a plane on Lagos runway was fun...

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:48 - Dec 22 with 2960 viewsgeg1992

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:27 - Dec 22 by TractorCam

Do they actually play Jess Glynne on the plane?

They did a few years back, hopefully it's changed now.

I now have Jet2 adverts all around the TWTD website haha.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 11:48]

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:58 - Dec 22 with 2902 viewsDubai_Blue

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 11:43 - Dec 22 by bluelagos

A load of Congo airlines got banned from my employers "safe to use" list after the EU put them on a sh1t list. Proper cr*p maintenance and safety records apparently.

I only really had a couple of scary moments - am emergency evacuation of a plane on Lagos runway was fun...

The Congo flight was back in the early 2000's and I don't think the EU safe list was either about or used then.
Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 12:06 - Dec 22 with 2855 viewsStokieBlue

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 10:50 - Dec 22 by geg1992

Aeroflot internally is utterly awful. The planes are ancient and thus they have so many accidents.

Air Europe direct long haul which somehow meant a stop in Manchester was awful. They went bankrupt not long after.

Iberia long haul to South America is awful - they put the worst planes they have on those routes, often still with TV's coming down from the ceiling rather than in the seats. Also didn't see the cabin crew for about 8 hours - all off asleep I guess.

My favourite flight was an internal flight in Belize where they had overbooked (plane only held 6 passengers I believe) so I was put in the co-pilots seat and told by the rather large pilot not to press anything.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 12:14 - Dec 22 with 2796 viewsronnyd

XL Air, holed up in Thessaloniki airport for eighteen hours with hardly any info.
Gladly went skint soon after.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 16:44]
Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 12:16 - Dec 22 with 2789 views_clive_baker_

Only travelled with them once but I thought value for money was good. Pretty budget long haul, certainly nothing fancy but got return flights from London to Toronto for about £350 a few years back which I couldn’t grumble at.
Worst airline you’ve ever flown on 12:24 - Dec 22 with 2763 viewsmylittletown

I think that BA and Ryanair get something of a bad rap, because they speak our language.

For me, nothing compares to the staff rudeness I had to put up flying Air France business class across the Atlantic, or the sheer tight-fisted miserableness of KLM long haul.
Mind you, the major US airlines are pretty grim.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024