Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far 17:41 - Dec 21 with 1667 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not bad for the most attacking team in the league to have their goalkeeper and left back as our only representatives.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 17:48 - Dec 21 with 1631 viewsBigCommon

Shoes how many of our players go under the radar a bit, imo..
Good sign of a team effort..
For the life of me, I can never understand how Morsy is rarely nominated for much across the league. and never gets voted an award at the club.. He's often the glue that holds it all together on the pitch, imo.
Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 17:53 - Dec 21 with 1605 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 17:48 - Dec 21 by BigCommon

For the life of me, I can never understand how Morsy is rarely nominated for much across the league. and never gets voted an award at the club.. He's often the glue that holds it all together on the pitch, imo.

Sara and Dewsbury-Hall were chosen as the two in central midfield.

I can understand Dewsbury-Hall.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 17:59 - Dec 21 with 1570 viewsExiled2Surrey

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 17:48 - Dec 21 by BigCommon

It's fantasy football stuff. No-one would pick that team in the real world - it is based on an aggregation of selected statistics, with a need to spread the representation across the teams:
- On the numbers, KDH and Sara are having stellar seasons and take the positions
- But on the evidence of last weekend, Sam gets in every day of the week (until he is suspended :))
Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 18:27 - Dec 21 with 1487 viewsRadlett_blue

I am surprised that Warnock sold Morsy to us. He had an injury interrupted previous season, but you would think he would be a Warnock type of player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 18:35 - Dec 21 with 1458 viewsBigCommon

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 18:27 - Dec 21 by Radlett_blue

I am surprised that Warnock sold Morsy to us. He had an injury interrupted previous season, but you would think he would be a Warnock type of player.

I think "Cooky" was a big pull for Morsy, at the time. And the buzz of new ownership here, and squad investment etc. Must have looked quite inviting to Morsy...
But, yeah, agree, he's a typical gritty Warnock type player..
Bloomin glad he decided to come here.
Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 19:05 - Dec 21 with 1388 viewsSE1blue

Hladky, like someone on here has said before, is like having an another outfield player.

Barnes clearly targeted and tried to unsettle him last weekend when he went through the back of him.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 19:47 - Dec 21 with 1281 viewsFacefacts

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 19:05 - Dec 21 by SE1blue

Hladky, like someone on here has said before, is like having an another outfield player.

Barnes clearly targeted and tried to unsettle him last weekend when he went through the back of him.

That was violent conduct and should've resulted in a red card, yet if you didn't see the match live, you won't have seen it.

Not included in any highlights I've seen. Forgotten about by Sky. To get the decision, Hladky has to go down poleaxed. And stay down, all ten other ITFC players surrounding the referee. We didn't, and they were not down to 10 men fir 85 minutes.

Imagine one of our players doing that to Leeds' keeper early on tomorrow, I'd guarantee a red. Portman Road reaction compared to Elland Road, you have to help the referee to make his mind up. Or he'll take the easy option, always.
Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 20:13 - Dec 21 with 1233 viewsSimonds92

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 19:47 - Dec 21 by Facefacts

That was violent conduct and should've resulted in a red card, yet if you didn't see the match live, you won't have seen it.

Not included in any highlights I've seen. Forgotten about by Sky. To get the decision, Hladky has to go down poleaxed. And stay down, all ten other ITFC players surrounding the referee. We didn't, and they were not down to 10 men fir 85 minutes.

Imagine one of our players doing that to Leeds' keeper early on tomorrow, I'd guarantee a red. Portman Road reaction compared to Elland Road, you have to help the referee to make his mind up. Or he'll take the easy option, always.

It wasn't a red card. No attempt to play the ball though so a yellow would have been fair.
Login to get fewer ads

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 20:39 - Dec 21 with 1170 viewshomer_123

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 19:05 - Dec 21 by SE1blue

Small point of order. Hladky isn't like having another outfield player. He is another outfield player.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 20:41 - Dec 21 with 1161 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 17:53 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

Whatever you do, don't tell Joey Barton!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 21:13 - Dec 21 with 1118 viewstractordownsouth

Would probably give Hermansen the nod over Hladky, but stick Morsy in instead of Sara.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 21:29 - Dec 21 with 1065 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 17:53 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

I guess Sara missed the match against us and they would have overrun us in midfield had they played.

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 23:29 - Dec 21 with 951 viewsGarv

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 19:47 - Dec 21 by Facefacts

Sorry, that's nonsense.

It was a yellow offence. But so was Morsy's tackle on Barnes, which he got away with. Ref could have been a bit more card happy second half but on the whole he was pretty good.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 08:24 - Dec 22 with 723 viewsHerbivore

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 23:29 - Dec 21 by Garv

Sorry, that's nonsense.

It was a yellow offence. But so was Morsy's tackle on Barnes, which he got away with. Ref could have been a bit more card happy second half but on the whole he was pretty good.

The officials were dreadful. Agree that the Barnes challenge was only a yellow though, never a red. It was, however, a yellow all day long as were the two rugby tackles on Burns from their left back, all of which went unpunished.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 08:56 - Dec 22 with 672 viewsitfc_bucks

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 08:24 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

The officials were dreadful. Agree that the Barnes challenge was only a yellow though, never a red. It was, however, a yellow all day long as were the two rugby tackles on Burns from their left back, all of which went unpunished.

The only decisions I felt were actively bad were the Barnes foul on Hladky which should have been a nailed on yellow and the Barnes offside, where he was clearly in line with Hladky and the flight of the ball.
Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 09:29 - Dec 22 with 628 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hladky and Davis in the second Tier Team of the Year so far on 08:56 - Dec 22 by itfc_bucks

The only decisions I felt were actively bad were the Barnes foul on Hladky which should have been a nailed on yellow and the Barnes offside, where he was clearly in line with Hladky and the flight of the ball.

I think there is an argument the referee was lenient rather than biased. However, as well as the Hladky incident, Barnes went in late two other occasions and then trod on Morsy's foot after the ball had gone. Only the last of these was given as a foul at all. He was lucky not to get a yellow for the Hladky foul (when the ball was already off the pitch and it was clearly frustrated off-the-ball retaliation) and even luckier not to get one for any of the accumulation of late fouls. To then book Burns for the culmination of 3 strong (not late) challenges was inconsistent. Perhaps the ref and his assistants never saw any of the other late Barnes challenges as they were so late!

At the time, I didn't realise Rowe was offside for his first but the assistant was in line and should have seen it as it was clear. I can only imagine his mind ignored him as he was on the ground at the time but as soon as he became active he should have realised.

You get some decisions and not others. Our opposition has complained about our decisions in the past I am sure. It just happened to be that game where we didn't get the rub of the decisions. We are well overdue getting a debatable penalty in our favour for sure, though. The next two matches would be a good time to get a couple in a row!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024