Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message for our Norwich Lurkers 21:10 - Dec 20 with 2372 viewsEdwardF

Since the draw, and prior, you have drawn comfort from the fact that we haven't beaten you in 14 years. This is your consolation, your narrative of refuge.
Your perspective, therefore, is entirely historic. You vista is backward looking.

So here's the rub.
Given that you have no prospect of transformational investment and no access anymore to parachute payments, your future is at best stagnant at at worst bleak.

We fully understand, therefore, why you look backwards; looking to the future is clearly scary and depressing for you.

You are welcome to the past, we have the future.

Oh and one more observation.
You drew one battle on Saturday but have long since lost the war.

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 21:21 - Dec 20 with 2279 viewsHighgateBlue

I pray that posts like this will not come back to haunt us. Norwich are only 5 points away from 5th place, and they're in the top six of the form tables for the last 4, 6 and 8 matches. Their time has come to recede or even implode, but wouldn't it just be typical if we went up in a blaze of glory and they sneaked up too via the playoffs...

Let's not taunt them until it's a bit more certain.
Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 21:30 - Dec 20 with 2225 viewsOldsmoker

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 21:21 - Dec 20 by HighgateBlue

I pray that posts like this will not come back to haunt us. Norwich are only 5 points away from 5th place, and they're in the top six of the form tables for the last 4, 6 and 8 matches. Their time has come to recede or even implode, but wouldn't it just be typical if we went up in a blaze of glory and they sneaked up too via the playoffs...

Form is temporary - class is permanent.
They've got no class.

"Let's not taunt them until it's a bit more certain."
Do you mean "Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes."?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 21:34 - Dec 20 with 2197 viewsStewart27

They are absolutely abysmal.

Plus they are inbred and play in yellow and green.

If they do pip us to the post then I couldn’t care because they are inbred and play in yellow and green.
Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 21:36 - Dec 20 with 2180 viewsIllinoisblue

This. They could very easily make the playoffs. As could we. And, well, I don’t even want to think about that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 22:47 - Dec 20 with 1883 viewsFrimleyBlue

Creating new posts is exactly what they want tho.

If we just move on like it was indeed just another game then it shows who really can't let it go.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 00:56 - Dec 21 with 1720 viewsgainsboroughblue

Just ignore them till we play them again.

To be honest, the post derby stuff is getting quite tiresome now.

All I care about currently is taking points of Leicester, Leeds and QPR in the next week or so.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 02:36 - Dec 21 with 1643 viewsIllinoisblue

No prospect of transformational investment?? You didn’t notice the American baseball multi millionaire buying his way into Carrow Road?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 05:52 - Dec 21 with 1539 viewsNeedhamChris

I'm sure they'll be devastated that they're still living rent free in your head.

I do wish all those that are keen to talk about their insignificance would act like they're insignificant.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Login to get fewer ads

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 06:36 - Dec 21 with 1484 viewsfranz_tyson

Posts like these show that some norwich fans have got under the skin of some. We want promotion and Leeds and Leicester are far more important than playing Norwich. Not entirely true as its a massive local derby, but it was a distraction for us when we are in business mode. More worried about Leeds/Leicester now.
Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 07:42 - Dec 21 with 1353 viewsBondiBlue

They've got form for this, haven't they? Weren't they supposed to be imploding the season they bought maddison but ended up going up?

Also, the form is temporary class is eternal thing - given our recent histories, you could forgive the budgies for using that exact argument on us.

As others have said, let's move on. Two far more important games coming up...

Poll: Which would you accept?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 08:12 - Dec 21 with 1286 viewsTangledupin_Blue

The op talks of Norwich looking backwards... It is our supporters who go on and on about trophies won more than 40 years ago before many were born. Maybe it is time to remove the stars from our shirts; they make us look clingy.

Also the comment that they have long since lost the war. They have left behind their early season downturn in form and are now in contention for the play-offs where we could face them again and make your comment look daft.

We are trying to be where they were a couple of years ago. Perhaps in three years we'll be where they are now.

Misplaced or premature triumphalism never looks good.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 08:24 - Dec 21 with 1226 viewsnodge_blue

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 08:12 - Dec 21 by Tangledupin_Blue

The op talks of Norwich looking backwards... It is our supporters who go on and on about trophies won more than 40 years ago before many were born. Maybe it is time to remove the stars from our shirts; they make us look clingy.

Also the comment that they have long since lost the war. They have left behind their early season downturn in form and are now in contention for the play-offs where we could face them again and make your comment look daft.

We are trying to be where they were a couple of years ago. Perhaps in three years we'll be where they are now.

Misplaced or premature triumphalism never looks good.

I disagree with the OP. The past is hugely importan. It’s what builds clubs. And every fan base does it. Liverpool thrive on a legacy and spirit going back decades. I welcome it.

It goes hand in hand with enjoying the today as well.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 08:44 - Dec 21 with 1159 viewsgiant_stow

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 21:36 - Dec 20 by Illinoisblue

This. They could very easily make the playoffs. As could we. And, well, I don’t even want to think about that.

Exactly what I was thinking reading that. Unlikely from both ends, but not impossible.

Still, it was a very stirring op - 'they'll never take our freedom!'!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 08:47 - Dec 21 with 1141 viewsBiGDonnie

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 08:44 - Dec 21 by giant_stow

Exactly what I was thinking reading that. Unlikely from both ends, but not impossible.

He said 'Norwich Lurkers' not 'Closet Town fans', as you were Stow!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 08:52 - Dec 21 with 1108 viewsgiant_stow

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 08:47 - Dec 21 by BiGDonnie

He said 'Norwich Lurkers' not 'Closet Town fans', as you were Stow!

Sorry boss, back in my box. The presumptions and premature grandiose talk of wars won briefly got the better of me.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 09:33 - Dec 21 with 979 viewsVic

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 21:30 - Dec 20 by Oldsmoker

Form is temporary - class is permanent.
They've got no class.

"Let's not taunt them until it's a bit more certain."
Do you mean "Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes."?

Trouble is that for the last 20yrs the roles have been reversed. They would be quite within thiier rights to quote that back to us, pointing out that our form may be temporary! Much as I like the OP it is still very early days, too early to tell if we will regain our Kings of Anglia role long term.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 09:37 - Dec 21 with 953 viewsBondiBlue

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 08:44 - Dec 21 by giant_stow

One positive i am holding onto from the game is that (and bear with me here because it's a bit of a long bow) still having the monkey on our back going into the carrow road game may not be a bad thing. You'd hope we'd still be in the hunt for top two and looks like your lot might be in the playoff chase now your form has picked up. In terms of a way to end the drought, what a way to do it.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 09:43 - Dec 21 with 917 viewsVic

Message for our Norwich Lurkers on 21:34 - Dec 20 by Stewart27

They are absolutely abysmal.

Plus they are inbred and play in yellow and green.

If they do pip us to the post then I couldn’t care because they are inbred and play in yellow and green.

Deep insights there Stewie, thanks 😅

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024