Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception 10:08 - Dec 17 with 3441 viewsJimmy86

Not surprising really, after crossing the divide... Didn't even get on the pitch either!!

Saw that he clapped, mid game during the week when they were singing about Ipswich too..

Still, guess he's happy to participate, as opposed to do anything of note with his career...
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:13 - Dec 17 with 3388 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

The only tragedy is that there was clearly a player there, and one not identified to be useful enough for ourselves at a time when we were lacking good players and he felt his best option was moving on. It’s a shame we couldn’t have taken advantage of him in League One as he was clearly good enough.
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:18 - Dec 17 with 3352 viewsJimmy86

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:13 - Dec 17 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

The only tragedy is that there was clearly a player there, and one not identified to be useful enough for ourselves at a time when we were lacking good players and he felt his best option was moving on. It’s a shame we couldn’t have taken advantage of him in League One as he was clearly good enough.

We offered him a new contract didn't we? And he turned it down and crossed the divide, I mean, it's his choice as to whether he accepts or declined said contract, as is his right... He mentioned seeing a pathway at Nodge, he possibly didn't see such a pathway with us... That's football, I guess
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:46 - Dec 17 with 3218 viewsWickets

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:18 - Dec 17 by Jimmy86

We offered him a new contract didn't we? And he turned it down and crossed the divide, I mean, it's his choice as to whether he accepts or declined said contract, as is his right... He mentioned seeing a pathway at Nodge, he possibly didn't see such a pathway with us... That's football, I guess

Yes and suppose we were dreadful at the time under Evans , the feelgood factor was at Norwich not with us . Blimey how the tables have turned .
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:54 - Dec 17 with 3181 viewsMattinLondon

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:18 - Dec 17 by Jimmy86

I thought that Cook didn’t want him and that when he was sacked thee wasn’t enough time to offer him a new deal?

Regardless, in the space of two years we are a totally different club and he probably is well aware of the differences. It was his choice to go there and if he’s happy there, well good for him. Just proves how quickly football can change.
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:56 - Dec 17 with 3169 viewsJimmy86

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:46 - Dec 17 by Wickets

Yes and suppose we were dreadful at the time under Evans , the feelgood factor was at Norwich not with us . Blimey how the tables have turned .

Yea, agreed! Think what makes it disappointing is the fact we offered him a new contract, which he turned down and then crossed the divide... But, spose that's his perogitive
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:06 - Dec 17 with 2824 viewsSarge

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:56 - Dec 17 by Jimmy86

Yea, agreed! Think what makes it disappointing is the fact we offered him a new contract, which he turned down and then crossed the divide... But, spose that's his perogitive

A sh1t contract at a basket case of a football club. Most of us didn’t even want to watch them at the time, why would a kid want to play there when he has a better offer elsewhere?
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:33 - Dec 17 with 2737 viewsJimmy86

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:06 - Dec 17 by Sarge

A sh1t contract at a basket case of a football club. Most of us didn’t even want to watch them at the time, why would a kid want to play there when he has a better offer elsewhere?

Ok yea, like I say, it was his choice not to sign the contract we put in front of him, which is his right, but to go to that lot, I mean, come on!
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:41 - Dec 17 with 2696 viewsPhilTWTD

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:46 - Dec 17 by Wickets

His contract was up after the takeover had taken place. He was offered a contract in the preceding October, but a relative pittance. Town didn't revisit it again until around the February when little if any more was offered. Then it rather slipped down the list of things to do after the takeover and there wasn't another meeting until the week before his previous deal was up and by that time Norwich and other Premier League clubs had made him offers and he opted to go.
Login to get fewer ads

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:50 - Dec 17 with 2640 viewsgtsb1966

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:41 - Dec 17 by PhilTWTD

His contract was up after the takeover had taken place. He was offered a contract in the preceding October, but a relative pittance. Town didn't revisit it again until around the February when little if any more was offered. Then it rather slipped down the list of things to do after the takeover and there wasn't another meeting until the week before his previous deal was up and by that time Norwich and other Premier League clubs had made him offers and he opted to go.

To be fair if he can't get into that Norwich side we were 100% correct not to offer him a decent contract.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 16:51]
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:55 - Dec 17 with 2599 viewsDubtractor

I did quite enjoy the chant of "Your dad's not proud of you, your dad's not proud of you".

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:58 - Dec 17 with 2580 viewsJimmy86

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:55 - Dec 17 by Dubtractor

I did quite enjoy the chant of "Your dad's not proud of you, your dad's not proud of you".

Was that what it was? I couldn't quite hear the words to it properly in North stand upper... Heard the jibes about him and his sister though...
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 17:15 - Dec 17 with 2505 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is interesting that neither he nor Brandon Williams came on. I am sure both would have wanted to.

I don't blame Gibbs for leaving to go there, either. He has got plenty of first team football which he would never have got with us. I am sure Humphreys and Baggott have a future with us, but there are plenty of young players on our books who will not make it at this level let alone at the one we hope to be at in the very near future.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 18:57 - Dec 17 with 2301 viewsbournemouthblue

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 17:15 - Dec 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is interesting that neither he nor Brandon Williams came on. I am sure both would have wanted to.

I don't blame Gibbs for leaving to go there, either. He has got plenty of first team football which he would never have got with us. I am sure Humphreys and Baggott have a future with us, but there are plenty of young players on our books who will not make it at this level let alone at the one we hope to be at in the very near future.

It seemed like a strange move at the time because he wasn't going to get any where near their first team, however you could argue the fall is less from a Premier League club in terms of resale

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 20:19 - Dec 17 with 2183 viewsBLUEBEAT

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 16:55 - Dec 17 by Dubtractor

Yeah I liked that.

It was funny and not aggressive towards the lad.

Poll: W or W

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 20:22 - Dec 17 with 2168 viewsNthsuffolkblue

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 18:57 - Dec 17 by bournemouthblue

It seemed like a strange move at the time because he wasn't going to get any where near their first team, however you could argue the fall is less from a Premier League club in terms of resale

I think that even then they were giving younger players a chance while we were signing experienced players and loans instead.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 20:33 - Dec 17 with 2129 viewshype313

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 18:57 - Dec 17 by bournemouthblue

Probably got offered 10x what we were offering.

Is he the one Klug said was the best he'd seen to come out of the academy? Norwich fans seem quite underwhelmed by him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 09:24 - Dec 18 with 1742 views_clive_baker_

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 20:33 - Dec 17 by hype313

Probably got offered 10x what we were offering.

Is he the one Klug said was the best he'd seen to come out of the academy? Norwich fans seem quite underwhelmed by him.

I think he made those comments about Ben Knight, who went to Man City.
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:45 - Dec 18 with 1593 viewsMattinLondon

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 09:24 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

It was definitely Ben Knight who has had a couple bad injuries at Man City. Wonder whether we will take a punt on him. Obviously has talent, was well thought of but due to injuries has stagnated and hasn’t done that much so far in terms of his career.
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:54 - Dec 18 with 1544 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 17:15 - Dec 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would have put Williams on at the end for Broadhead, as a wildcard entry, as I am convinced he would score against them and he just that sort of maverick who could pull it off. I didn't think we looked any better for any of the changes on Saturday, Hutchinson and Harness did okay but Taylor, Scarlett and Jackson didn't do anything when we needed an edge or a moment of magic.
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 11:00 - Dec 18 with 1520 viewsMattinLondon

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 10:54 - Dec 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I would have put Williams on at the end for Broadhead, as a wildcard entry, as I am convinced he would score against them and he just that sort of maverick who could pull it off. I didn't think we looked any better for any of the changes on Saturday, Hutchinson and Harness did okay but Taylor, Scarlett and Jackson didn't do anything when we needed an edge or a moment of magic.

The three last subs you mentioned came on in the 91st minute - not a lot of time for them to do something special. Bit harsh to be critical of their contribution given those facts.
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 11:20 - Dec 18 with 1436 viewsrodney76

To me, it ended up typical backs to the wall, defensive rearguard, the sort of which we are likely to come up against more and more as the season progresses.

They got one and then two goals against the run of play and, as is normal, decided to defend that lead and then that point for all it was worth.

'Park the bus 'is never easy to penetrate, and they made a decent job of it on Sunday.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 11:22]
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 11:27 - Dec 18 with 1404 views_clive_baker_

I thought it was one of Hutchinson's weaker cameo's in a Town shirt, but he's young and that's to be expected. The chance he had at the far post off Gunn's save, I was begging him to go for goal but he opted to try and recycle it.

Harness was neat and tidy, I thought he did quite well. Scarlett, Jackson and Taylor came on for injury time to be fair to them, I'm not sure its reasonable to expect too much of an impact at that stage.

It's good that we've got a bench now, but there's certainly some room to upgrade in the final 3rd. Ladapo is off in January, so I'm told, which isn't a huge surprise but it does mean there's clearly a forward incoming. It'll be interesting to see who that is.
See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 11:33 - Dec 18 with 1374 viewshype313

Ahh cheers, memory doesn't serve me well these days

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

See Liam Gibbs got a hot reception on 22:39 - Dec 18 with 993 viewsReusersTown

There is a name that I think should possibly be of interest to us again, a la Clarke. Contract runs until 2025, hasn't made too much of an impact at city and could potentially be the long term replacement for Chaplin, should the time come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024