Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone's been telling porky pies..... 12:49 - Dec 15 with 1374 viewsWhos_blue

Naughty Piers.

BBC News - Hacking trial: Prince Harry was victim of phone hacking by Mirror Group papers, judge rules - BBC News
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-67707931

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 12:53 - Dec 15 with 1335 viewsBlueBadger

Who'd have thought that a man who boasted about going through Ian Hislop's bins would do such a thing?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 13:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 12:57 - Dec 15 with 1290 viewsjontysnut

He'll blame the woke liberal elite judge
Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 13:10 - Dec 15 with 1243 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m sure this ruling will make the tabloids consider their actions and usher in a new era of fair and grown up journalism focused on things that actually matter.

Either that or Harry and Megan are about to enter a whole new phase of harassment.

Hmm which way will it go?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 13:13 - Dec 15 with 1196 viewsGlasgowBlue

Series seven of the Crown should be good viewing.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 15:53 - Dec 15 with 1042 viewsfactual_blue

He knew, but didn't directly order it.

This would have been the same defence a well-known wartime leader would have used had he been brought to justice.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 16:03 - Dec 15 with 1011 viewsKeno

Once is reminded of the words of Stephen Fry

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 16:14 - Dec 15 with 978 viewsIllinoisblue

Of course Piers has accepted the outcome with good grace and apologized. Oh.

Rat should be in prison.

62 - 78 - 81

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 16:39 - Dec 15 with 922 viewseireblue

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 16:14 - Dec 15 by Illinoisblue

Rat should be in prison.

Will no one find info for me on this turbulent Prince?
Login to get fewer ads

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 17:13 - Dec 15 with 879 viewsronnyd

In no way would i advocate violence, but Morgan really does have a face i'd like to punch.
Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 18:16 - Dec 15 with 830 viewsfactual_blue

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 17:13 - Dec 15 by ronnyd

In no way would i advocate violence, but Morgan really does have a face i'd like to punch.

Wasn't there once a round of 'if this is the answer, what is the question?' on Mock The Week when the question to a large number (let's say 40,000) was 'how many times would I punch piers morgan in the face after it stopped being a matter of duty and became sheer pleasure?'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 18:27 - Dec 15 with 803 viewsredrickstuhaart

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 16:14 - Dec 15 by Illinoisblue

Rat should be in prison.

It was a really unpleasant childish rant by him.

Most notable though, is what he says. He didnt hack a phone (fine- I believe him). He didn't instruct anyone to do so (possible too).

He carefully avoids saying he knew nothing about it, or hadn't condoned or tacitly encouraged it. Instead he goes straight to "No one can prove anything". When people's reaction is not "I didn't do it" but instead "there's no proof", some might think certain inferences can be drawn.

Of course, the Judge found it proven to the civil standard, so its not true that there is no proof in any event.
Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 18:34 - Dec 15 with 778 viewsMullet

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 18:27 - Dec 15 by redrickstuhaart

It was a really unpleasant childish rant by him.

Most notable though, is what he says. He didnt hack a phone (fine- I believe him). He didn't instruct anyone to do so (possible too).

He carefully avoids saying he knew nothing about it, or hadn't condoned or tacitly encouraged it. Instead he goes straight to "No one can prove anything". When people's reaction is not "I didn't do it" but instead "there's no proof", some might think certain inferences can be drawn.

Of course, the Judge found it proven to the civil standard, so its not true that there is no proof in any event.

It was really illuminating to listen to everything he didn't say wasn't it? Hope he gets what's coming to him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 18:56 - Dec 15 with 715 viewsIllinoisblue

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 18:34 - Dec 15 by Mullet

It was really illuminating to listen to everything he didn't say wasn't it? Hope he gets what's coming to him.

This sums it up nicely:

62 - 78 - 81

Someone's been telling porky pies..... on 21:47 - Dec 15 with 591 viewsEireannach_gorm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024