Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season 09:04 - Dec 5 with 3364 viewsMaySixth

Incredible overachievement

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 12:46 - Dec 5 with 729 viewsHerbivore

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 12:40 - Dec 5 by ElderGrizzly

I think it's realistically 2 from 4 for the automatics too.

Leeds have a few players who still could disappear in January who don't think they should be in the Championship and Southampton still feel a work in progress and vulnerable to bids too.

Leicester obviously don't need to sell anyone, but you wonder if Paes and Dewsbury-Hall could be poached away by higher clubs in Europe or the PL.

I think we could be one of the only teams to actually strengthen without the threat of some of our players being poached. Davis aside, I can't see a prem club coming in for anyone just yet.

The consequences for us of not going up are also less severe and that's another consideration for the other sides. If they are a bit adrift of the top 2 can they gamble by refusing bids for some of their better paid players and will those players want to stay if promotion looks worse than a 50/50 gamble? Although all three still have another couple of years of parachute payments, they tail off and they'll have to start thinking about balancing the books at some point. Really important we get to January in a strong position to strengthen from and then see what happens with our rivals. Leicester look likely to lose several to the international tournaments, far more exposed than us, Leeds and Saints in that regard. Could be a tricky month for them potentially.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 12:48 - Dec 5 with 727 viewsusm

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 10:32 - Dec 5 by Dyland

suytfi

True though ba, innit.

Yeh boi
ysc

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 12:49 - Dec 5 with 726 viewsFunge

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 11:31 - Dec 5 by ElderGrizzly

There is going to be a very delicate balance to strike for Ashton/McKenna in recruitment.

The team bond here is so strong, a few wrong, but expensive signings could cause us problems.

I remember Newcastle strengthening in January for the league under Keegan and losing the title due to the changes he had to make to accommodate them.

We need to strengthen the squad depth and a couple of the first XI but it's not a case of saying if we don't spend £10m+ we haven't got ambition.

'The team bond here is so strong, a few wrong, but expensive signings could cause us problems.'

Fully accept your point, but the team bond was decent enough last winter, and, fair to say, the addition of all 4 signings were the palpable difference that got us promoted.

I'd back McK to get this right; hopefully Ashton can be rather more aggressive with his support, than he was in the summer.
I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 13:49 - Dec 5 with 657 viewsheavyweight

Are we fairly certain we are not going to lose Morsy to the Africans Cup?

We definitely lose Burgess and Loungo to the Asian tournament.

Do we know who the other three teams are likely to lose to these tournaments ?
I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 13:53 - Dec 5 with 639 viewsReusersTown

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 11:25 - Dec 5 by ElderGrizzly

How if we don't finish top 2 does it show the owners/Ashton haven't backed the manager?

Utterly ridiculous parallel to draw

Just your classic nonsense from Frimley, making massively exaggerated assertions based on very little information or knowledge. There's so many variables and contributing factors as to whether we manage to do it. Ashton & Co could back us to the hilt but it would still be a drop in the ocean compared to what the others can or will spend. January is about us continuing to trade smartly, not merely backing.
I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 14:04 - Dec 5 with 612 viewstextbackup

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 11:44 - Dec 5 by FrimleyBlue

Then it'll down to the owners to decide what made the season collapse in such a way.

Lol, I’d never want your brain

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 14:12 - Dec 5 with 595 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 14:04 - Dec 5 by textbackup

Lol, I’d never want your brain

You don't think it would be seen as a collapse if we ended up in 6th?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 15:16 - Dec 5 with 556 viewsKropotkin123

We beat Hull (currently in 6th) 3-0, and are 15 points ahead of them. Why would you be delighted with such a monumental collapse? It would be an incredible underachievement at this point.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 15:17]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

I'd still be delighted if we finished 6th this season on 15:44 - Dec 5 with 534 viewsScuzzer

No it's not an over achievement. We are achieving what we deserve... no more no less.

Established 1968

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024