Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis 18:07 - Nov 30 with 1054 viewsyorkshire

Seeing how these guys (and others) have adapted to the way that McKenna wants them to play and really look like top class Championship Players shows just how important it was to pick them up while we were in League 1

You watch how they are playing now - with their passing & movement and you feel that the game time that they got in League 1 has really helped - Millwall yesterday, as well as other teams we have played are trying to do that ‘build out of the back’ but just don’t have the right players to do it

Not sure due to age that Chaplin and Morsy would go for big money but can see the likes of Davis and Broadhead playing in the Prem next year even if we aren’t (which at the moment I am confident we will)
Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 18:59 - Nov 30 with 950 viewsNutkins_Return

Chaplin is 26! He'd have to be worth £10mil now. I think he'll be with us a long time though. Just think he's found home and I think it means a lot to him.
Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 19:03 - Nov 30 with 944 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Teams like nodge and Southampton built a style and a team while in League 1 and it served them well with getting into the Premier League (and doing alright there for some time in the latter's case). We took a while to get there but we are on that trajectory. The important thing is to continue to get everything right off the pitch to stay on the right trajectory.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 19:04 - Nov 30 with 938 viewsDarkBrandon

Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 18:59 - Nov 30 by Nutkins_Return

Chaplin is 26! He'd have to be worth £10mil now. I think he'll be with us a long time though. Just think he's found home and I think it means a lot to him.

I too think he’ll be with us for a while (at least while McKenna is here).

He’s very good, but he isn’t an obvious target for a PL side (unlike Davis)
Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 19:07 - Nov 30 with 925 viewsDubtractor

Agree with your general points there.

I've been surprised to see a few people suggest Broadhead wasn't quite on it last night. He played a huge part in the second, scored the third, was generally tidy with the ball, and worked hard off it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 19:15 - Nov 30 with 878 viewsHerbivore

Hard to believe Chaplin and Morsy weren't McKenna signings, they fit his style of play so well. The likes of Davis and Broadhead have been fantastic signings.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 20:01 - Nov 30 with 765 viewsTheBoyBlue

Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 19:03 - Nov 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Teams like nodge and Southampton built a style and a team while in League 1 and it served them well with getting into the Premier League (and doing alright there for some time in the latter's case). We took a while to get there but we are on that trajectory. The important thing is to continue to get everything right off the pitch to stay on the right trajectory.

Funnily enough I was thinking along similar lines last night.

Millwall seem to be starting up on our style but of course they're doing it against better teams and better players, whereas we were able to get it up and running against teams and players of lesser quality last season. Now we're playing harder teams, we're well in our stride.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 21:08 - Nov 30 with 628 viewsNutkins_Return

Chaplin, Broadhead, Morsy and Leif Davis on 20:01 - Nov 30 by TheBoyBlue

Funnily enough I was thinking along similar lines last night.

Millwall seem to be starting up on our style but of course they're doing it against better teams and better players, whereas we were able to get it up and running against teams and players of lesser quality last season. Now we're playing harder teams, we're well in our stride.

True, Edwards has good pedigree (similar pathway to McKenna). If course doesn't mean he's as good but has a very good record indeed at youth level (winning leagues and taking Chelsea u21d to semi of Papa John's which has t been done before).

I do wonder whether he'll get long enough at Millwall to develop the style. Another manager we should keep one eye on from the point of view it would be very much a continuity switch should the worst happen and Mkenna a get poached.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024