Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit 10:41 - Nov 23 with 9599 viewsblueislander

“The less intelligent were more likely to back Brexit”” Headline from today’s Times. WHO would have thought it?
Brexit on 20:08 - Nov 24 with 258 viewsMattinLondon

If we lived in a grown-up country, Brexit wouldn’t have became that divisive. Grown-ups would have recognised that the country was more-or-less spit on this issue. Ok, leave the EU, as per the result, but stay in the single market and retain free of movement. The exact opposite of a remain win would have equated to staying in the EU but keep the opt-out, stay out of the single currency and stay out of Schengen. Which is what we had.

If the above had happened I think that the vast majority of people would have accepted it apart from the Farages etc. And the subject of rejoining the EU would have become a very fringe subject.

However, May and the other idiots all contributed to a more fractured and weaker country which has meant that the majority now wish to join the EU.

I very rarely get anything right on politics but I was right about the Scottish Referendum result and I firmly believe that we will rejoin in twenty years time. A lot of the pro-Brexit voters will have died and the younger generation won’t care as much about rhetoric of past imperial glory or a redundant notion of EU independence. They’ll want freedom of movement etc and they’ll probably won’t mind about joining the single currency. In the long time, I do think that the referendum result may well make the country more pro-EU. And that is down to the ‘winner takes all’ mentality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024