Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Convention on Human Rights. 07:11 - Nov 17 with 783 viewsMercian

There are calls for the UK to leave, we would be in good company. The only two European countries outside of this treaty apart from kazakhstan that has a tiny part of it's territory in Europe are the bastions of freedom and rights that are Russia and Belarus. Countries with dodgy records like Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey and it has to be said The Ukraine are in. Sad state of affairs.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 7:13]
European Convention on Human Rights. on 07:20 - Nov 17 with 740 viewsDanTheMan

These calls have been coming for ages, just another part of the plan after Brexit.

It wouldn't even have allowed this Rwanda plan anyway, which the Judge was at pains to point out.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

European Convention on Human Rights. on 07:34 - Nov 17 with 713 viewsDubtractor

Callis used to get a lot of stick for suggesting that this country was heading towards fascism, but those comments don't look so far from the reality in recent times.

This government needs to be voted out emphatically next year.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

European Convention on Human Rights. on 08:30 - Nov 17 with 642 viewswkj

I wonder what the country who drafted the ECHR would think
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 8:31]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

European Convention on Human Rights. on 08:33 - Nov 17 with 637 viewsHerbivore

The idea as well that if the government doesn't like the judiciary applying the law and declaring that Rwanda is not a safe country then they will just introduce legislation that says it is a safe country is also rather chilling.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

European Convention on Human Rights. on 14:53 - Nov 17 with 466 viewsTangledupin_Blue

European Convention on Human Rights. on 08:33 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

The idea as well that if the government doesn't like the judiciary applying the law and declaring that Rwanda is not a safe country then they will just introduce legislation that says it is a safe country is also rather chilling.

Brings to mind Tom Hunt's utterings following the not guilty verdict on the 'Colston Four':

"I and colleagues will be discussing with ministers and way to ensure this sort of verdict never happens again" and "If the jury is a barrier to ensuring they are punished then that needs to be addressed".

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024