Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashton interview 08:17 - Nov 15 with 8975 viewsSitfcB

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23922181.ipswich-town-mark-ashton-january-transfer-

35 minute audio at the bottom as well, a lot more in that. Stadium redevelopment discussed.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ashton interview on 08:22 - Nov 15 with 5996 viewsSitfcB

Architects have been appointed for the ‘new Cobbold stand’ and the new training ground.

Talks on the new stand are progressing with key stakeholders and are advanced.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ashton interview on 08:24 - Nov 15 with 5976 viewsSheffordBlue

Financial headroom for January.

I guess some people have very small heads though so we might not splash the cash!

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Ashton interview on 08:48 - Nov 15 with 5803 viewsLion

Great link fella! Some people have shot down the rumours that we are going to develop the Cobbold stand, but pretty much as soon as gamechanger brought the club, Portman Road was closed as a vehicular access. When you look at the ground with the Cobbold a tier lower than the rest of the ground, it is fairly obvious where the ground could be expanded. Now i know we have a percentage of 'fair weather fans / glory hunters / fans who had previously lost their faith...' call them what you will and if we fell down from our current form maybe some would melt away. But i'm glad I have a season ticket because it is very hard to get a ticket at the moment, we are basically selling out every game. We are far ahead of where gamechanger thought we would be on their say, 5 year plan, a couple of years ahead I have heard, so i think that their long term plans for ground improvement has been brought forward considerably. On and off the pitch, we march on. Owners, staff, players, managements, fans, all pulling in the same direction. All the time we keep soaring higher and higher. It just so happens at the same time that budgies are falling lower and lower. God has seen us suffer enough and must surely be a Town fan. This is a blue era. Up the farkin towan!

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Ashton interview on 08:58 - Nov 15 with 5719 viewsEssexBloo

Ashton interview on 08:22 - Nov 15 by SitfcB

Architects have been appointed for the ‘new Cobbold stand’ and the new training ground.

Interesting stuff!
I thought they down played this at the last fans forum so good to hear it is actually progressing.

Will it be a new stand or will they be able to keep the existing structure and add another tier like they have done at Anfield?
Ashton interview on 09:00 - Nov 15 with 5680 viewsPowrigan

I think they should focus on the squad to get a stable premier league base before worrying about stands again. Look what happened last time we built new stands before building a stable base.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 9:02]
Ashton interview on 09:03 - Nov 15 with 5609 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ashton interview on 09:00 - Nov 15 by Powrigan

I think they should focus on the squad to get a stable premier league base before worrying about stands again. Look what happened last time we built new stands before building a stable base.

Easy to say. But if we want to be able to spend well then the ground needs improving.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ashton interview on 09:06 - Nov 15 with 5572 viewsHerbivore

Ashton interview on 09:03 - Nov 15 by FrimleyBlue

Easy to say. But if we want to be able to spend well then the ground needs improving.

Does it? An extra 5k, which would be a hell of a lot, would generate a couple of million a year in revenue. That's not going to make a huge difference to our transfer budget. Eventually the Cobbold will need to be replaced and it makes sense to make it bigger but it's current size is not holding us back financially.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ashton interview on 09:06 - Nov 15 with 5568 viewsElderGrizzly

I imagine cost will be huge for a new Cobbold stand too.

Wrexham's new single tier stand was going to cost £24m?

I wonder who we will sell sponsorship to? The Ed Sheeran Stand?
Login to get fewer ads

Ashton interview on 09:07 - Nov 15 with 5531 viewsKieran_Knows

Wish I knew how to link that South Park computer photo/gif.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ashton interview on 09:11 - Nov 15 with 5515 viewsLion

But if we have more people who want to come to games than can actually fit in, than we are missing out on revenue that could be going to the club to help us get to that stable base. Also, gamechanger have far more money than they are able to spend on the squad due to FFP rules. More people in the ground means that they can spend more on the squad. And since building a new stand doesn't break the FFP rules, it is a win win situation. When we developed the north and churchman's stand, it was all out of one club pot so did effect us. When we built the Pioneer stand and then Bobby left for England, again it was out of one club pot so in both situations meant that we couldn't spend money on the squad. This time, gamechanger have one pot that they can spend on the squad, restricted by FFP and one pot they can spend on the club as a whole. The squad pot will only increase if we can get more revenue into the club by adding 5-10000 fans, see?

Ashton interview on 09:12 - Nov 15 with 5498 viewsPowrigan

Ashton interview on 09:06 - Nov 15 by Herbivore

Does it? An extra 5k, which would be a hell of a lot, would generate a couple of million a year in revenue. That's not going to make a huge difference to our transfer budget. Eventually the Cobbold will need to be replaced and it makes sense to make it bigger but it's current size is not holding us back financially.

And how much revenue in the short term would be lost whilst the stand is being built?

Seems a bit premature to me personally, but it is not my money I guess.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 9:12]
Ashton interview on 09:14 - Nov 15 with 5488 viewsDanTheMan

Ashton interview on 09:07 - Nov 15 by Kieran_Knows

Wish I knew how to link that South Park computer photo/gif.

Well I hope this is the right one...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ashton interview on 09:15 - Nov 15 with 5456 viewsElderGrizzly

Agree. If we go up, the revenue from gate receipts is dwarfed by TV money.

The TV money will allow us to compensate for loss of gate receipts, but having a 35,000 capacity vs a 30,000 capacity isn't going to be a gamechanger (pun absolutely intended!)
Ashton interview on 09:16 - Nov 15 with 5446 viewsElderGrizzly

Ashton interview on 09:12 - Nov 15 by Powrigan

And how much revenue in the short term would be lost whilst the stand is being built?

If we got to the PL, the TV money would more than compensate for any lost income by about 40x.
Ashton interview on 09:17 - Nov 15 with 5425 viewsPowrigan

Ashton interview on 09:16 - Nov 15 by ElderGrizzly

If we got to the PL, the TV money would more than compensate for any lost income by about 40x.

Exactly why we should focus the spending on training facilities and the squad, not a stand
Ashton interview on 09:17 - Nov 15 with 5437 viewsSteve_M

One of those key stakeholders being IBC who aren't quite willing to let the club do exactly what they want, or certainly weren't a while back.

Drawing up plans is the easy bit.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ashton interview on 09:17 - Nov 15 with 5403 viewsKieran_Knows

Ashton interview on 09:14 - Nov 15 by DanTheMan

Well I hope this is the right one...

Cheers Dan, that's the one!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ashton interview on 09:21 - Nov 15 with 5385 viewsLion

Ashton interview on 09:12 - Nov 15 by Powrigan

No revenue that can go on the squad will be lost. Gamechanger said, they have 700 million liquid cash when they brought the club. They can only spend on the squad what they are restricted to by FFP. If we can bring more revenue in they can spend more. Do you think the rumoured 2,5 million we spent on the new pitch comes out of the squad pot? Do you think the multimillion training ground improvements they are doing comes out of the squad pot? No it doesn't. For them to be able to spend more on the squad we have to increase our revenue. More fans in the ground would do this. Its not the same anymore. Our owners have ridiculously deep pockets. We have to increase the revenue so that they CAN invest more in the playing side

Ashton interview on 09:24 - Nov 15 with 5315 viewsFrimleyBlue

Depends what the plans are with it.

Ashton talks of working with council etc. So it could be something bigger than just a stand.

But don't forget he also spoke of years down the line anyway.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ashton interview on 09:27 - Nov 15 with 5285 viewsOldFart71

The Cobbold Stand was opened in season 70-71 so 53 years old. Probably the only way to extend the stadium to around 35,000 which given that I know for a fact trying to get tickets on match days is hellishly difficult. Some rightly go back to the developement of North and Churchmans or as is Sir Bobby, Sir Alf and say how we came a cropper. A few things make the situation different. Firstly Gamechanger 20 who have vast sums of money backing the club. Secondly as the CEO refered to the buying of players isn't quite as slap dash (my words, not his) as it was under Burley. A legend, but ill advised to buy Sereni and George and then getting demoted. Parachute payments were not as is also. I do however agree with those that say we need to make sure we are ready for the Prem. I feel we may be half a dozen players short. Can we afford and also find them should the minor miracle happen and we were promoted at the end of this season ?
Ashton interview on 09:28 - Nov 15 with 5266 viewsElderGrizzly

Ashton interview on 09:21 - Nov 15 by Lion

No revenue that can go on the squad will be lost. Gamechanger said, they have 700 million liquid cash when they brought the club. They can only spend on the squad what they are restricted to by FFP. If we can bring more revenue in they can spend more. Do you think the rumoured 2,5 million we spent on the new pitch comes out of the squad pot? Do you think the multimillion training ground improvements they are doing comes out of the squad pot? No it doesn't. For them to be able to spend more on the squad we have to increase our revenue. More fans in the ground would do this. Its not the same anymore. Our owners have ridiculously deep pockets. We have to increase the revenue so that they CAN invest more in the playing side

As above, the best way to increase revenue is to get £100m+ a season from the PL rather than £6m or so from the Championship.

Spending £35m+ on a new stand to get an increase in revenue of £3m a season isn't a bad rate of return but isn't going to help the overall aims.

Plus they have to show a return on their investment for their pension funds/shareholders. The way they do that is get us promoted, stay there and then sell us for a huge profit.
Ashton interview on 09:28 - Nov 15 with 5270 viewsSoroche

Ashton interview on 09:24 - Nov 15 by FrimleyBlue

Depends what the plans are with it.

Ashton talks of working with council etc. So it could be something bigger than just a stand.

But don't forget he also spoke of years down the line anyway.

I would guess that the club have factored in hospitality as well. Game changer are very meticulous in everything they do.
Ashton interview on 09:36 - Nov 15 with 5144 viewsbluefunk

It would be a lot more than £2m a year revenue. Adding 5k capacity, with the attendant reorganisation of the hospitality in that stand, would allow almost double that in potential gate receipts each year, plus the additional supporter spend on attending a game and it would also allow us to hold bigger summer events and generate additional event revenue.

While I agree it’s not a current priority let’s be prepared, especially as there’s a huge area behind that stand which is currently under development discussion.
Ashton interview on 09:44 - Nov 15 with 5045 viewsBasuco

Developing stands while in the PL is not a great idea either, waiting until after 2 or 3 PL years is also not good, developing while in the Championship is not ideal, not developing the Cobbold limits income . Who would be a CEO and have to decide what is the right time?
Ashton interview on 09:47 - Nov 15 with 5003 viewstextbackup

Oh christ, you know what comes next…

People losing minds when we don’t spend £4/5/6m on players

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024