Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? 14:44 - Nov 13 with 2278 viewsMaySixth

Seem to have been going on for nearly a decade now and can't see a published deadline.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 14:48 - Nov 13 with 1986 viewsKieran_Knows

A12 roadworks is Spring 2024. But without doubt that will change again as the sign post has changed 3 times already since they started last year.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

A decade? on 14:48 - Nov 13 with 1984 viewsDyland

Rail replacement three decades and counting...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 14:49 - Nov 13 with 1982 viewsDyland

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 14:48 - Nov 13 by Kieran_Knows

A12 roadworks is Spring 2024. But without doubt that will change again as the sign post has changed 3 times already since they started last year.

I read that first to mean it will take five months to change a sign post.

A decade? on 14:56 - Nov 13 with 1951 viewshype313

A decade? on 14:48 - Nov 13 by Dyland

Yep, remember in 96 having issues with bus replacements at the weekends.

Greater Anglia advertise "A Saturday night out in London" They forget to add "Whilst also visiting the tranquil scenery of Essex in the early hours of a Sunday morning on the way home" as part of the experience.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A decade? on 15:00 - Nov 13 with 1930 viewsSteve_M

A decade? on 14:48 - Nov 13 by Dyland

Well, quite. The only saving grace at the moment is that it isn't via Newbury bloody Park which, on a Saturday evening, is truly dreadful.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 15:07 - Nov 13 with 1896 viewsbluelagos

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 14:48 - Nov 13 by Kieran_Knows

Also - aren't they supposed to be building a whole new section from Boreham to Marks Tey?

Been promising is for years and sure it got signed off not long ago.

Bit more info here
https://highwaysengland.citizenspace.com/he/a12chelmsford-to-a120-widening-consu
[Post edited 13 Nov 2023 15:09]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 15:34 - Nov 13 with 1831 viewsMaySixth

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 15:07 - Nov 13 by bluelagos

Also - aren't they supposed to be building a whole new section from Boreham to Marks Tey?

Bit more info here
https://highwaysengland.citizenspace.com/he/a12chelmsford-to-a120-widening-consu

Thanks for the info.

The drive to North London is a nightmare, even when the trains are running.

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:07 - Nov 13 with 1754 viewsFreddies_Ears

The current two sets of roadworks are likely to be finished by mid-2024 (bound to run late). Then, the next rebuilding of the A12 /M25 junction continues a couple of years, having already started but not too disruptive yet. The widening of Chelmsford - Marks Tey starts soon and will be very disruptive.
Trains are likely to face perennial weekend closures, per the last 30 years.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:17 - Nov 13 with 1729 viewsFunge

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:07 - Nov 13 by Freddies_Ears

The current two sets of roadworks are likely to be finished by mid-2024 (bound to run late). Then, the next rebuilding of the A12 /M25 junction continues a couple of years, having already started but not too disruptive yet. The widening of Chelmsford - Marks Tey starts soon and will be very disruptive.

Sensible thing to do with the trains, especially with the Felixstowe connection, would be to have 4 tracks on the same line; 2 for freight, 2 for commuter. That will cost about 3 Chelsea transfer windows, though.

Railway mate of mine told me it was the freight trains which result in all the corresponding maintenance being needed; makes sense, unut.

Getting to/ from Ips to London, in any form, at any time outside of peak hours is an absolute horror show.

Did I hear that they were gonna sort the 120 out between Marks Tey & Braintree? That would help....
Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:19 - Nov 13 with 1716 viewsSteve_M

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 15:07 - Nov 13 by bluelagos

Bit more info here

Yes, apparently the new station is part of the reason for the current weekend track closures.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:19 - Nov 13 with 1716 viewshype313

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:17 - Nov 13 by Funge

Sensible thing to do with the trains, especially with the Felixstowe connection, would be to have 4 tracks on the same line; 2 for freight, 2 for commuter. That will cost about 3 Chelsea transfer windows, though.

Railway mate of mine told me it was the freight trains which result in all the corresponding maintenance being needed; makes sense, unut.

Getting to/ from Ips to London, in any form, at any time outside of peak hours is an absolute horror show.

Did I hear that they were gonna sort the 120 out between Marks Tey & Braintree? That would help....

That's been talked about for years, but that would cost 20 Chelsea windows.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:20 - Nov 13 with 1713 viewsMaySixth

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:07 - Nov 13 by Freddies_Ears

I am all for modernisation and investment but it's pathetic

Agreed on 16:22 - Nov 13 with 1703 viewsDyland

A decade? on 15:00 - Nov 13 by Steve_M

Well, quite. The only saving grace at the moment is that it isn't via Newbury bloody Park which, on a Saturday evening, is truly dreadful.

I came up on Saturday via the Ingatestone-Witham bus and it wasn't a pain.

Newbury Park, especially coming back into London, is really quite depressing.

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:43 - Nov 13 with 1665 viewsMeadowlark

I know we don't come from the other direction in the same numbers, but the Lowestoft/Ipswich trains on Saturday were all running late. The main problem again is freight trains but also the single track and passing place at Beccles which means only one train in either direction. And the homeward-bound train after the match is always standing room only. It's almost as if they don't want to run an efficient service.
I'd go via Norwich, but that is more often than not a replacement bus.
Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:46 - Nov 13 with 1660 viewsSuperfrans

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 15:34 - Nov 13 by MaySixth

Thanks for the info.

The drive to North London is a nightmare, even when the trains are running.

The current combination of bus replacements, which then has to navigate the A12 disruption, is just awful at the moment. I’m actually making decisions *not* to go to certain matches rather than lose hours of my life…

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:49 - Nov 13 with 1647 viewsbilllm

Train replacement will never finish,network rail cannot keep up wit repairs and updates, I no someone who works for there maintenance team,
Also single track near Wickham Market on 16:49 - Nov 13 with 1647 viewsDyland

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:43 - Nov 13 by Meadowlark

I know we don't come from the other direction in the same numbers, but the Lowestoft/Ipswich trains on Saturday were all running late. The main problem again is freight trains but also the single track and passing place at Beccles which means only one train in either direction. And the homeward-bound train after the match is always standing room only. It's almost as if they don't want to run an efficient service.
I'd go via Norwich, but that is more often than not a replacement bus.

At least the new trains are better than those stinking suicide wagons of old, but why there's no bar or trolley on it is anyone's guess (generally, not for the football).

Agreed on 16:51 - Nov 13 with 1639 viewsMaySixth

Agreed on 16:22 - Nov 13 by Dyland

I came up on Saturday via the Ingatestone-Witham bus and it wasn't a pain.

Newbury Park, especially coming back into London, is really quite depressing.

God yes, Newbury Park is hellish.
How long is the Ingatestone to Witham bus/coach journey

Arf, the Felixstowe service on 16:52 - Nov 13 with 1637 viewsDyland

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:17 - Nov 13 by Funge

Maybe not any more, but sometimes it used to be a single old carriage. Think I'd rather walk and try my luck hitching.

40 odd minutes (n/t) on 16:52 - Nov 13 with 1633 viewsDyland

Agreed on 16:51 - Nov 13 by MaySixth

God yes, Newbury Park is hellish.
How long is the Ingatestone to Witham bus/coach journey

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:53 - Nov 13 with 1630 viewsMaySixth

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:46 - Nov 13 by Superfrans

The current combination of bus replacements, which then has to navigate the A12 disruption, is just awful at the moment. I’m actually making decisions *not* to go to certain matches rather than lose hours of my life…

I am beginning to feel like that, a 2 hour drive took 4 hours on Saturday.
I decided to drive because the delayed train replacement bus service cost £52 return and took 3 hours.
After 30 years as a ST holder, this is the most enjoyable football product it has been in a long long time.

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:57 - Nov 13 with 1618 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:20 - Nov 13 by MaySixth

I am all for modernisation and investment but it's pathetic

It is absolutely ridiculous. Getting there on the a12 was fine on Saturday (for the first time in ages) but getting back was held up by about 40 mins or so.
Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 17:16 - Nov 13 with 1576 viewsAlanG296

There's a lot of information regularly updated on the National Highways website for the various major roadworks. Marks Tey to Stanway was originally set for completion Winter 23-24 when they started over a year ago but they quickly fell so far behind that they changed that to Spring 24. Given they have only just completed one side I'm expecting them to still be working on it at the start of next season.
Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 17:24 - Nov 13 with 1553 viewsMaySixth

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 16:57 - Nov 13 by PrideOfTheEast

It is absolutely ridiculous. Getting there on the a12 was fine on Saturday (for the first time in ages) but getting back was held up by about 40 mins or so.

Beginning to think it's quicker avoiding the A12 back and taking the A14 and then M11 all the way down.
More miles, probably quicker in time.

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 17:47 - Nov 13 with 1521 viewsandytown

Anyone know when the A12 roadworks and train replacement services finish? on 17:24 - Nov 13 by MaySixth

Beginning to think it's quicker avoiding the A12 back and taking the A14 and then M11 all the way down.
More miles, probably quicker in time.

It will be when the Stowmarket roadworks are finished!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024